Live from Steerage. Onboard Mardi Gras now. Ask us anything.

KmomChicago

9 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Again Niinjacat I took your advice and booked the HMC cabana.  I didn't qualify for the discount but we decided for once to give it a try anyhow.  It's easy to drop over $100 pp on excursions anyway, and it's not like we can conveniently spend a day living like royalty on a gorgeous tropical beach every day so why not do it when the opportunity presents?  

My mom is not sure she wants to hobble on and off of a tender or try to take her Scootaround to HMC.  However I read that a golf cart will take you from the dock to your cabana. Can anyone comment? She is mobile but somewhat unsteady and tires quickly.  I did not get the accessible cabana as it was not available on my planner. I assume that means it's already sold but perhaps I should be calling special services or someone. 

Yay!!! You will love it!  Re the Tram/golf cart to the cabanas, my mom who isn't as mobile as she used to be, rode in an open air tram to the cabana.  I will be in a HMC cabana in TWO WEEKS and will find out the current protocol for tram/golf cart access.😄

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yay!!! You will love it!  Re the Tram/golf cart to the cabanas, my mom who isn't as mobile as she used to be, rode in an open air tram to the cabana.  I will be in a HMC cabana in TWO WEEKS and will find out the current protocol for tram/golf cart access.😄

Thank you and have a wonderful cruise! Tell us all about it!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 1:51 PM, SNJCruisers said:

This overview post is phenomenal for those who need it and are looking for the information provided.

I think I’m going to post another thread separately titled just for the MDR menus. People will never find them buried at the bottom of this mess! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

looking for a good spot for some sun without the noise of loud music from the lido.  if the serenity is full where do you suggest?  

Again Summer Landing pool Deck 8 aft outside of the Smokehouse and Heroes lounge. You could also try the Tides pool. Deck 16 but aft and without all the center stage sort of hullabaloo going on. 

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stellarose said:

looking for a good spot for some sun without the noise of loud music from the lido.  if the serenity is full where do you suggest?  

Did you see the size of the Serenity area?  Must be at least 4 times the size as the other ships in the fleet with many nooks and crannies.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Did you see the size of the Serenity area?  Must be at least 4 times the size as the other ships in the fleet with many nooks and crannies.

I'm used the tiny serenity on the breeze and pride and it was always full to the max.  

On 8/22/2021 at 8:33 PM, KmomChicago said:

How was your cruise, Peggy?

Our cruise was fantastic! I keep thinking that I should post a write up about it but I just haven’t gotten around to it. We really loved the new ship. The crew was fantastic. So friendly and seemed very happy to be back to work. Every crew member we saw spoke and acknowledged us.  It was so nice to escape from then reality we are living in for a short time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pc2425 said:

Our cruise was fantastic! I keep thinking that I should post a write up about it but I just haven’t gotten around to it. We really loved the new ship. The crew was fantastic. So friendly and seemed very happy to be back to work. Every crew member we saw spoke and acknowledged us.  It was so nice to escape from then reality we are living in for a short time.

I'm so glad you hade a great time. I hope you will give us some more deets but either way, thank you for the positive remarks. 

While I'm at it, anyone who is still following along here, I just started a roll call for the December 19, 2021 Carnival Legend Christmas cruise from Baltimore.  I humbly request you all drop whatever you planned to do for the holiday and join me aboard!

1 hour ago, cruises42 said:

I want to make note of this evil step for our future cruise. Is there another one people have been falling on?

Other cruisers on MG since have noted this Limelight one as probably the worst, almost invisible and they are either tripping themselves even with the warning or watching others do so. As you approach the Grand Central deck 6 seating areas there are steps up here and there that are going to be hazardous in the dark. At the Flamingo dining room there is a step up that should be flat. I can’t imagine what they were thinking with all those little rises and not sloping the floors if this was necessary. In the Limelight the point was to light up the step so people can see it but it’s having the opposite effect. I feel like there were others, maybe at Brass Magnolia too but it’s all blurring quickly in my memory so WATCH YOUR STEP in general.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stellarose said:

I'm used the tiny serenity on the breeze and pride and it was always full to the max.  

With the way you have been obsessing on the boards, I mistakenly assumed that you have seen many YouTube videos of the MG, many that have shown the size of the Serenity area.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

With the way you have been obsessing on the boards, I mistakenly assumed that you have seen many YouTube videos of the MG, many that have shown the size of the Serenity area.

Thanks SNJ. I want to say even on Sea Days when I (rarely) made it up there, it was only that space around the pool that ever was completely full.  Seems like there was at minimum always an open lounge chair somewhere around the sides.  Those were more serene, so to speak, in my opinion anyway as they avoided the high wind problem notable in the pool area and to the very front of the ship.

Edited by KmomChicago

14 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I don't think I mentioned in my prior posts / reviews that my husband is originally from Plant City so we had a lot of happiness during last year's Super Bowl. Thank you #12.

Plant City? I have relatives there as well. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Other cruisers on MG since have noted this Limelight one as probably the worst, almost invisible and they are either tripping themselves even with the warning or watching others do so. As you approach the Grand Central deck 6 seating areas there are steps up here and there that are going to be hazardous in the dark. At the Flamingo dining room there is a step up that should be flat. I can’t imagine what they were thinking with all those little rises and not sloping the floors if this was necessary. In the Limelight the point was to light up the step so people can see it but it’s having the opposite effect. I feel like there were others, maybe at Brass Magnolia too but it’s all blurring quickly in my memory so WATCH YOUR STEP in general.

Thanks, I'll put this in my notes right now!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 7:58 AM, KmomChicago said:

Limelight Lounge evil step in back row. 😡😬🤬

4480DB5B-4AF4-4546-B423-B7A79CE87A04.jpeg

A4190883-917F-4956-ABAF-86B4449A2483.jpeg

80CE6563-FDE3-47DC-B806-D4BCC5B66BF4.jpeg

Reminds me of a few years ago some cruise ship had the bottom step carpet the same color as the floor at the bottom, not the same as the steps.  Lots of people fell because they didn't realize there was another step.  Can't remember the ship.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mss22859 said:

Question- Any idea what decks the ironing facilities are on? We will be on the MG in Oct, on deck 9.

I'm sorry I did not get this exact info while onboard. . . I did not use them myself but as best I can remember, I think there were four of them with at least one on deck 5 port side (even rooms) that I feel like I walked past about 100 times. I think it was decks 4 and 5 and then all I can say is two more somewhere up on the higher stateroom decks.  I will say it was not very hard to find them if  you were looking and I believe it was on the Q and A's in the Hub App.  It would have been easy enough to take a screen shot from the app but I just didn't think of it at the time. 

We mostly packed soft clothes that didn't need ironing and I did bring wrinkle releaser for the couple of items that did and it worked well enough.

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

I'm sorry I did not get this exact info while onboard. . . I did not use them myself but as best I can remember, I think there were four of them with at least one on deck 5 port side (even rooms) that I feel like I walked past about 100 times. I think it was decks 4 and 5 and then all I can say is two more somewhere up on the higher stateroom decks.  I will say it was not very hard to find them if  you were looking and I believe it was on the Q and A's in the Hub App.  It would have been easy enough to take a screen shot from the app but I just didn't think of it at the time. 

We mostly packed soft clothes that didn't need ironing and I did bring wrinkle releaser for the couple of items that did and it worked well enough.

Thank you. Not sure if it will be needed. I will find them if I need to.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mss22859 said:

Question- Any idea what decks the ironing facilities are on? We will be on the MG in Oct, on deck 9.

15,14 8, 5 and 4 I believe, port side forward.  Clearly marked on deck plans

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thank you so much! Hope we don't need it, but you never know what dress clothes will look like until you unpack, lol!

Just now, mss22859 said:

Thank you so much! Hope we don't need it, but you never know what dress clothes will look like until you unpack, lol!

NP, I save plastic wrap from cleaners and find it does a remarkable job keeping clothes wrinkle free.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thank you Jimbo.  I know I have seen that list but it just didn't register and I never made note of it. I'm also having trouble finding them on the deck plans on the Carnival website. They are dinky and I am old and myopic.