Live from Steerage. Onboard Mardi Gras now. Ask us anything.

KmomChicago

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

If possible, could you post a picture of the prices at Emeril's?

The menu on the wall is terrible to photograph. It’s in white print on a distressed mirror background. I was trying when a kindly crew member directed me to, once again, wait for it, the QR code or whatever initials it is. 

E407607D-39DD-4350-A729-6D078368587F.png

B4DB0A3D-74F3-43A7-B01F-1122445439CD.png

41ECE643-17D6-43D8-85C4-B899393DDC64.png

275AEF97-58B3-46CF-9987-3B8028C9CFE2.png

7C7A3B98-EAAB-4CB7-9A26-F7CA3C61F3AF.png

B46305B5-551C-44A8-9A20-C3E27B2F6894.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KmomChicago said:

The menu on the wall is terrible to photograph. It’s in white print on a distressed mirror background. I was trying when a kindly crew member directed me to, once again, wait for it, the QR code or whatever initials it is. 

Looks good to me! Thank you for posting! 

41 minutes ago, tmt3698 said:

Hello,

How they are handling seating in the MDR? Are they still seating 6-8 people at one table?

Do you still sit at the same table each night? I read on another post they are not social distancing in the MDR just cramming everyone in. 

It all depends upon whether you have YTD or set dining.  They each have their own dining room, Flamingo and Palm.  If you have set dining, yes, you're at the same table each night and it's set up like dining as been for years.  If you have seen many videos available on YouTube, there are various seating arrangements.  Social distancing is certainly not in play.  At the YTD dining room, at prime time when there is a long wait they are currently shifting people to Chibang and Cucina, which are both currently free for dinner and in addition to their regular menus, they also have the full MDR menu as an option.

If you have YTD, you can make a reservation ahead of time for Chibang or Cucina once you are able to get access to the HUB app once you're on the ship.  It should be really interesting once they ramp up to 100% occupancy if it is sometimes difficult at 75%.  But hopefully over the next few months they get the cobwebs worked out and things improve.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

I want everything but the boudin balls. You folks plan on stopping there at some point? 

With so many free options added for dinner, so many options already available for lunch and 9 other options for breakfast, I have a feeling that Emeril's is not going to be busy.  I think that there will be something else occupying that real estate on the Celebration and Excel 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

With so many free options added for dinner, so many options already available for lunch and 9 other options for breakfast, I have a feeling that Emeril's is not going to be busy.  I think that there will be something else occupying that real estate on the Celebration and Excel 3.

I dunno man! I love me some Cajun food. I’ll give it a go and see what happens in September. You are right though, so many freaking options. Those sammiches at Java blue are calling to me as well as the calzones. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

It hasn’t been busy so far. We’re going to Bonsai Sushi tonight because I promised but I’d rather go to one of the others, and we still have a few more nights. The MDR menu for today looked fine but didn’t particularly grab us. 

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I would do it again so overall I can recommend it but I wouldn’t get the spice rubbed ribeye again. The free red house wine was quite tasty imho but I ain’t a fancy gal.

I’m not planning on any of those you mentioned but might cave on Rudi’s.

ParoDeeJay said Rudi’s booked solid again this week.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Interesting. I was trying to read how much lobster is by the pound. Couldnt read it. But interesting menu thanks.

EC5700D0-732A-4E90-97AE-6ADC71C0EAC8.jpeg

$36 pound is today’s market price. All of those at the top on the mirror say MP.

4942FC54-E2C3-45A3-B7D2-57ECCACFA3DD.jpeg

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

Perfect. Thank you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Center Stage is under attended consistently. 

B57D5AB1-577B-4662-823B-52F67CA9900B.jpeg

People too busy at the comedy shows ,lol. Carnival cruisers are a bit fanatical about comedy shows. More so than any other cruise line. Not sure why that is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

People too busy at the comedy shows ,lol. Carnival cruisers are a bit fanatical about comedy shows. More so than any other cruise line. Not sure why that is.

Imo when the live pit orchestra went away, then singers had to double as dancers. Shows just arent that good. Luckily comedy club is good or better.

On the other hand cookie my next cd makes me laugh, hes a show all to himself.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSUOvOmgOXy/?utm_medium=share_sheet

I have seen hints Galveston will get the 3rd new ship coming. Hope it's like mardi gras.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

It hasn’t been busy so far. We’re going to Bonsai Sushi tonight because I promised but I’d rather go to one of the others, and we still have a few more nights. The MDR menu for today looked fine but didn’t particularly grab us. 

Night 3 at the MDR has always been the weakest of the week and it's usually a Cucina night for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have seen hints Galveston will get the 3rd new ship coming. Hope it's like mardi gras.

Just like there are 3 Vista Class ships, there will also be 3 Excel Class ships.  It just makes sense that Galveston would be in line.  Since things were tweaked when the Panorama came out as the third Vista Class ship, like the removal of the IMAX theater, certain things that don't go over well on the Mardi Gras could be removed for Excel 3.

• Like 1

Okay, let's see if I have this straight. On port days, Cucina and Chibang are closed.  What about Guys Smokehouse? Emerils?  Trying to figure out specialty dining reservations.  Want to spread out the full meals.  Can't do it everyday.  Don't want to be miserable.  We will probably stay on board for the whole week. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Simple.  Because that is what Carnival does better than any other cruise line.  Besides Celestrial Strings, all of the other playlist production shows are a joke.  Especially when compared to the productions on Royal and the larger NCL ships.  The Carnival piano bar is solid, but not as good as Howl at the Moon on a few NCL ships.  But comedy is where Carnival shines.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Okay, let's see if I have this straight. On port days, Cucina and Chibang are closed.  What about Guys Smokehouse? Emerils?  Trying to figure out specialty dining reservations.  Want to spread out the full meals.  Can't do it everyday.  Don't want to be miserable.  We will probably stay on board for the whole week. 

Cucina and Chibang are only closed on port days for the free lunch, they are open everyday for dinner and they also have that day's MDR menu available as well.  Guy's smokehouse is available on sea days for lunch for free and also every night for dinner for free through next April.  Their menu has changes and also includes daily specials like a 7 oz filet on Sunday and a 10 oz NY strip on Monday.  Emeril's is open all the time, for all 3 meals, it's a la carte and never busy.  You can make reservations for dinner at Chibang and Cucina once you get on board and use the HUB app.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Cucina and Chibang are only closed on port days for the free lunch, they are open everyday for dinner and they also have that day's MDR menu available as well.  Guy's smokehouse is available on sea days for lunch for free and also every night for dinner for free through next April.  Their menu has changes and also includes daily specials like a 7 oz filet on Sunday and a 10 oz NY strip on Monday.  Emeril's is open all the time, for all 3 meals, it's a la carte and never busy.  You can make reservations for dinner at Chibang and Cucina once you get on board and use the HUB app.

Thanks for the update! Are Guy's Smokehouse dinner specials (free) and pay prime rib good?  

• Like 1