Apple Pricing Onboard

woodards

I walked into the Ilounge on Equinox last week...it was later in the day, no attendant..saw no prices, but did see a pretty good stock of iPads and accessories in the case (no prices were posted that I saw).  My guess is that you will save your local sales tax...Apple keeps a pretty good lid on price reductions....even Costco is only about $30 or so cheaper...

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, woodards said:

Thanks - I am guessing we wont actually save on sales tax as the cruise I am going on is UK waters only. Even if it is US prices plus UK VAT at 20% it gives me something to go on.

I remember seeing some pricing on the staycation thread if that helps.

Prices are the same as at the apple store in the U.S.    Only savings would be not having to pay state sales tax.   For UK and European travelers it may be a good price for you.

BTW my experience has been that the Ipads they have aboard may not be the latest version so make sure you check.

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Prices are the same as at the apple store in the U.S.    Only savings would be not having to pay state sales tax.   For UK and European travelers it may be a good price for you.

BTW my experience has been that the Ipads they have aboard may not be the latest version so make sure you check.

Thanks, Jim.  Did you happen to see if they had the latest Apple Watches on board?  I know it’s not a huge savings, but $30-$50-$75 savings on taxes will pay for my airport parking.

On Equinox last week, Apple Watch 5 44m was $440.  No 6s.  Ipad was $389 but I didn't check which one (an Air).  Ipad Pro was $800.  They had only 3s and 5s for the watches.  Think the 3 was the 40mm and was $400, but I'm not certain on this.  I asked which models and she said 3 and 5 and prices were $400 and $440.  Next month, I have a bunch of OBC to burn so I'll probably buy watches and resell them.  I'm not in the apple ecosystem.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for this. 

I was aboard the Reflection one week after Apple came out with a new model! I figured at the time to try buying the previous version IPAD and get a discount ! I was told their stock of the older IPAD’s were being returned to Apple and could only sell the new IPAD! Yes, I only saved on the tax the tech rep helped me transfer my old IPAD contents over to the new one on their WiFi minutes!😃

The store on board is a reseller.  Most times their stock is older models and not discounted.   Their stock is also very limited.   The only advantage is saving sales tax but you may be subjected to duty.  I have read that on board purchases have been reported to customs and they are flagged when departing 

Many other products also older products in the ILounge  and can also be found cheaper at land stores, but if you have SBC to burn it is a way to use it.  Before purchasing search the web

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched