Uploading Photo to App for Check in

Definitas

I am having a problem checking in with the Celebrity App.  Each time I try to upload a photo, the photo loads sideways.  I have tried several photos and it is not the photo orientation that is the problem.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Are the photo's meant to load sideways?

1 minute ago, Definitas said:

I am having a problem checking in with the Celebrity App.  Each time I try to upload a photo, the photo loads sideways.  I have tried several photos and it is not the photo orientation that is the problem.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Are the photo's meant to load sideways?

We did it yesterday without problem . We already had our recent passport renewal photos stored so it was easy to use those.  They were not sideways 

1 hour ago, Definitas said:

Yes ours are side ways as well, happens every time we check in. I have given up trying to change it.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

We did it yesterday without problem . We already had our recent passport renewal photos stored so it was easy to use those.  They were not sideways 

I am using passport photos and have used them for other purposes including previous Celebrity cruises. I’ve got no idea what is happening. 

Yeah....they're going to re-take your picture at the pier, anyway.  I know with Mac OS jpegs I can reorient the picture the correct way, and save it.  Why it ended up sideways on the upload for Celebrity is beyond me.  I just kept reorienting it until it uploaded the correct way.  Took 3 tries.  Then, getting to checkin, I realized it didn't matter. 😉

We took our photos while in the app, could easily delete and retake the photo if we didn’t like it.  Much easier than trying to upload and get it not to be upside down.

Edited by jelayne

6 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

I wouldn't worry about the photo too much. They ended up retaking mine in port (I guess I looked too different, grated I was very tired when I took the photo I uploaded in the app). Retaking the photo took all but a minute. 

Same here, I did mine but they wanted a closer head shot, it took seconds for them to do a new one, not to worry.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just used the IPhone app and took a picture using the X app and it worked perfect on both.    Not the best of pictures but....it is what it is.

I never liked looking at pics of myself, but my dad used to say, the camera only takes what it sees  🙂

25 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I never liked looking at pics of myself, but my dad used to say, the camera only takes what it sees  🙂

Just the way to start my day.... I'm sure I look just like my picture ---deer in headlights.

• Haha 1