Bermuda new protection edict!

Marygracie C.

I would like to thank everyone for the cruise saving information on this roll call . We have been following but are not officially signed up for any of the activities.we are sept 26 sail , all your information has been invaluable . The letter from ncl just wasn’t enough information and I fear there will be many with problems at embarkation . Just completed our TA based on jamieslogical post alerting us to it being available. We have our PCR tests Wednesday Am from quest labs in CT . Thanks again folks 

regards Bridget & Joel 

• Like 1

So I am holding off on filling out the TA for Bermuda until after I get our PCR tests. If for any reason Bermuda decides to shut it’s borders again (they are not doing too good right now with Covid) or for any reason my family tests positive with the PCR test I don’t want to pay $75 to Bermuda and not get it back. We have 3 people in my group and that would be $225 down the drain. There is nothing on the site saying you will get your money back if you do test positive or if the borders close and you already gave them the money. So I don’t want to take that extra gamble. Mind you we are not traveling till 10/03 out of NYC. So we have time. Some people are traveling next weekend, so that is a different story all together. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

So I am holding off on filling out the TA for Bermuda until after I get our PCR tests. If for any reason Bermuda decides to shut it’s borders again (they are not doing too good right now with Covid) or for any reason my family tests positive with the PCR test I don’t want to pay $75 to Bermuda and not get it back. We have 3 people in my group and that would be $225 down the drain. There is nothing on the site saying you will get your money back if you do test positive or if the borders close and you already gave them the money. So I don’t want to take that extra gamble. Mind you we are not traveling till 10/03 out of NYC. So we have time. Some people are traveling next weekend, so that is a different story all together. 

According to the other social media site, you can apply for a refund from Bermuda if the ship does not travel there.

I am on the fence about when to complete the first portion. On the one hand, I am still concerned Bermuda might shut down cruising to the island in the immediate future, but on the other hand, I want our TA to be processed quickly and I am concerned it might be sort of a "first come, first served" situation, so getting the initial application in early might be beneficial.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike C said:

According to the other social media site, you can apply for a refund from Bermuda if the ship does not travel there.

What if you test positive for the PCR test but have already submitted the $75 application fee a few days/weeks before?

35 minutes ago, josephine678 said:

I hope everyone has a travel agent or does read their emails. My husband knew none of this until I explained it all to him. There has to be some who will show up not knowing.

This is something JamieLogical had brought up. There are only a few hundred on this site that know about it. I’m guessing there are other social media sites as well that know. However, that will leave a good 1 thousand not knowing… and how many of them think “hey I should check my junk email to see if I missed any important information from NCL about my upcoming cruise.” It will be uncomfortably interesting to see what happens. I’m grateful we know. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

What if you test positive for the PCR test but have already submitted the $75 application fee a few days/weeks before?

Don't submit your application before you have your test results...that way you can't have that problem. In fact the timeline Bermuda lays out for the application process tells you to complete the application when you have your test results in hand.

34 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Don't submit your application before you have your test results...that way you can't have that problem. In fact the timeline Bermuda lays out for the application process tells you to complete the application when you have your test results in hand.

Yup, that's what I was originally saying. I'm holding off till I have the results. 🙂

1 hour ago, SwimmingDragon said:

This is something JamieLogical had brought up. There are only a few hundred on this site that know about it. I’m guessing there are other social media sites as well that know. However, that will leave a good 1 thousand not knowing… and how many of them think “hey I should check my junk email to see if I missed any important information from NCL about my upcoming cruise.” It will be uncomfortably interesting to see what happens. I’m grateful we know. 

Yeah we’re thinking the same thing. Aside from here and the face place, the other 1000-1500 or so people may have no idea, didn’t understand the email, called NCL and got the wrong instructions, etc…. Expecting a LOT of people to be turned away at the pier!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, psac said:

Yeah we’re thinking the same thing. Aside from here and the face place, the other 1000-1500 or so people may have no idea, didn’t understand the email, called NCL and got the wrong instructions, etc…. Expecting a LOT of people to be turned away at the pier!

There may be "Mutiny on the Breakaway" if they think they can turn away 500 or so people.

(But...I still think there's a good chance this will be a cruise to somewhere else....even if it's a very last minute change.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, josephine678 said:

Hi I suppose if using a credit card it can be disputed if the cruise is cancelled.

perhaps.

but remember that the fee is for processing the application, not for taking the cruise. bermuda will have fulfilled its part of the deal once the TA is processed, regardless of whether or not the cruise actually takes place.

when you buy tickets to a show from ticketmaster and the show is canceled, the service fees are generally not refunded.

I understand everyone's concern about being out of the $75 but I  submitted my application today for my 10/10 sailing.  I figure that I do not want to have an issue with them being flooded at the last second and not getting my application processed in time.  Maybe being cautious but if I test positive the $75 seems to be the least of my problems.  Just don't want to get caught up in a numbers game.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eynsteinp said:

I understand everyone's concern about being out of the $75 but I  submitted my application today for my 10/10 sailing.  I figure that I do not want to have an issue with them being flooded at the last second and not getting my application processed in time.  Maybe being cautious but if I test positive the $75 seems to be the least of my problems.  Just don't want to get caught up in a numbers game.

We are not sailing till 10/17 but will wait a little longer and see if Bermuda even allows us in based on the current Covid situation.

3 hours ago, roger001 said:

With the current situation there, hard to imagine Bermuda letting ship guests off to go on tours.  

with that situation I would be hesitant to even get off the ship period. I have known too many fully vaccinated people get the virus. I'm booked for Oct 31 and I'm doubtful we will be going there.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:05 PM, knitlady037 said:

with that situation I would be hesitant to even get off the ship period. I have known too many fully vaccinated people get the virus. I'm booked for Oct 31 and I'm doubtful we will be going there.

We are just going to do beach days.  We would have used public transportation but now feel safer going on beach transfers with NCL.

14 minutes ago, Hionlife said:

Has anyone on the 9/26 sailing received any updates from NCL?

Monday 9/20 The CDC upgraded Bermuda to Level 4 - the highest level with a Do Not Travel Advisory.

We’re on the 9/26 sailing.  Nothing from NCL since the original emails explaining the Bermuda TA and Eurofins registration.  Almost all of the information we have has been thanks to the people on our roll call calling NCL and Bermuda directly

24 minutes ago, Hionlife said:

Has anyone on the 9/26 sailing received any updates from NCL?

Monday 9/20 The CDC upgraded Bermuda to Level 4 - the highest level with a Do Not Travel Advisory.

Every single island in the Caribbean is also level 4, and NCL is still sailing to many of those on the Gem, so I don't expect any changes based on Bermuda's level 4 designation....

8 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Every single island in the Caribbean is also level 4, and NCL is still sailing to many of those on the Gem, so I don't expect any changes based on Bermuda's level 4 designation....

I agree.  I think NCL will sail to Bermuda despite the level 4.  I think that the only thing that would change the itinerary will be if Bermuda decides that they can not handle a ship the size of the Breakaway with their current level of the virus and closes the island off to NCL.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I agree.  NCL won’t cancel or change itinerary because of this.  Bermuda may stop the ship from coming in thoiugh.