100% Everything.....

NavyCruiser

Just now, DramaQueen22 said:

Well, we are on the CARNIVAL board, and that is their current sailing requirement.

The poster was clearly indicating that a precedence has been set and that cruise lines are 'allowed' to do it. So, posters indicating that cruise lines MUST allow a percentage of unvaccinated is plain wrong. 

• Like 4

On 8/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Reminds me of the random thoughts my kid comes up with... "dad, would you rather be stung by 5 bees or one scorpion?"

Awesome.

Now if IntrepidFromDC's kid would put his random thoughts together & comes up with an app or spreadsheet that'll indicate which ships/cruise lines would have all of my items checked off: 100% passengers, 100% crew, 100% no masks required onboard, 100% freedom in ports, 100% no testing required within 3 days of travel, etc... 

I'll gladly pay 99 cents for such an app,...

On 8/14/2021 at 8:16 PM, firefly333 said:

Some tried to board rcl I guess today unvaccinated and had no idea alaska was supposed to be vaccinated and claims nor did their ta or rcl. Rcl day to grt beat up by the press.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/cruise-ship-passengers-say-they-were-barred-boarding-due-changing-covid-19-protocol/F2YWIVEOCFHHTH3ARX7JPML5GE/

Haha......whiners will be whiners. "They didn't even get us transportation or find us a place to stay". There are two apps she can use, Uber and Hotels.com, that can solve those problems if she'd simply act like an adult.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

And, as it's been pointed out already in this thread, the CARNIVAL ship, Miracle, is sailing 100% vaccinated out of Seattle as we speak.  Which I'm super happy about.  13 days!

Try again... the Carnival site specifically states that for the Miracle out of Seattle, exemptions will be 'accommodated only as required by law.'

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

On 8/14/2021 at 2:00 PM, BlerkOne said:

5) is illegal per the PSVA. and "private" islands are not independent countries. The laws still have to be obeyed.

Holland America is offering a cruise from Fort Lauderdale on November 3 to Half Moon Cay (Bahamas) to Key West to Fort Lauderdale.  The one foreign port that makes the cruise legal is Half Moon Cay, part of the Bahamas, which is an independent country.

Edited by PC 462
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:42 AM, NavyCruiser said:

cruise lines should just state for ALL cruises until the end of the year are only allowed for: 

1.  100% fully vaccinated cruisers

2.  100% fully vaccinated crew members

NCL already does this.  That's why I rarely come to the Carnival boards anymore.  You couldn't pay me to cruise Carnival right now

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

And, as it's been pointed out already in this thread, the CARNIVAL ship, Miracle, is sailing 100% vaccinated out of Seattle as we speak.  Which I'm super happy about.  13 days!

If they  "welcome unvaccinated guests, including children under 12 who are not eligible for a vaccine."  they are not 100% vaccinated. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

NCL already does this.  That's why I rarely come to the Carnival boards anymore.  You couldn't pay me to cruise Carnival right now

There are several reasons 100% is not what you think. Some persons are exempt and protected from discrimination by law for religious or medical reasons. Another reason is rampant counterfeit vaccination cards used by people who feel it is their right to act as petri dishes to allow the virus to mutate in their noses to infect others. 

Lastly the science tells us that even fully vaccinated people while not showing symptoms can slough enough virus to infect the unfortunate ones who have a lower threshold to become ill from the virus. 

My opinion is the 95% figure set by the CDC is recognizing the real world conditions. NCL and Carnival are simply using different roads to the same destination. Your risk of infection is equal on either line.  

On 8/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, NavyCruiser said:

Now that the kiddos should all be back for the new school year, I'm thinking that the cruise lines should just simplify their cruising policies for us all:  100% Everything cruise...

With the scientific data showing that death rates for fully vaccinated people are almost Zero, cruise lines should just state for ALL cruises until the end of the year are only allowed for: 

1.  100% fully vaccinated cruisers

2.  100% fully vaccinated crew members

3.  All guests must sign a death/holdharmless waiver, thus no legal action against cruise line for any reason

4.  No masks required anywhere onboard ship

5.  No masks required at any destination ports.  If local ports balks, I'm fine with just cruising between Texas & Florida, and cruise lines' privately owned islands (ex:  half moon cay...)

So by simplifying these policies to allow fully vaccinated cruisers to CHOOSE to freely cruise & accepts the minimal risks to travel with other fully vaccinated guests, who also make the CHOICE to go cruising.  For those who don't like these policies, can CHOOSE the many other cruise lines.

Please, please, please do not reply with political, pro & anti vaccine arguments on this post.

I'm just offering a simple suggestion...

Thoughts...?

Sure sounds like NCL to me….

12 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

Try again... the Carnival site specifically states that for the Miracle out of Seattle, exemptions will be 'accommodated only as required by law.'

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

Then I stand corrected.  But it's going to be a hell of a lot closer to 100% than TX or FL.  They aren't doing kid exemptions, and they are definitely not openly welcoming unvaxxed people.  And on that note, would NCL not also be "required by law" to allow some?  

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Why only mention texas and florida. Does ny or Baltimore or new orleans or mobile have a different unvaxxed percentage than florida or texas or you just want to get on the let's bash texas and florida list. I get tired of people who dont know other ports have the same protocols. Read the protocols. 

Because Carnival isn't sailing from those ports yet?  Sheesh.  I had no bashing in mind.. just mentioned the two ports with ships running. But I'm out on this thread.  Definitely some people here who need a vacation.

• Thanks 1