Checking in on the App

CTKath

I’m not sure how close your cruise is, but check in for our cruise was available (I think) about 30-45 days out. In the photo below, the icon that now says “Boarding” said “Check-in” before we set sail. 

3ECF2027-B6B4-442F-885E-AB606F0CFED2.thumb.jpeg.08b166d26e13d174037f1d35d5bb1fa7.jpeg

You will click that button or you can slide the screen over

——->

and you will see the check in button there. 

CE4EE995-AFF0-4B95-822F-EF46F1F2C914.thumb.jpeg.730f902b88057f14c1330e746465c7d5.jpeg

Edited by aring75
Clarity
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, aring75 said:

I’m not sure how close your cruise is, but check in for our cruise was available (I think) about 30-45 days out. In the photo below, the icon that now says “Boarding” said “Check-in” before we set sail. 

3ECF2027-B6B4-442F-885E-AB606F0CFED2.thumb.jpeg.08b166d26e13d174037f1d35d5bb1fa7.jpeg

thank you!!!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jillds10 said:

Hi, regarding check in…does it open at 12:01 AM on your assigned date?  I’d like to try get an early boarding time and will stay up if that’s the case.

Yes, it does Eastern time.  I'm in the Mountain time zone, and I was able to check in just after 10:00 pm on the day before the noted date. (my earlier cruise it took until about 10:30 pm for check in to come available though).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

Yes, it does Eastern time.  I'm in the Mountain time zone, and I was able to check in just after 10:00 pm on the day before the noted date. (my earlier cruise it took until about 10:30 pm for check in to come available though).

Good information.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

@Jillds10

Knowing your 'assigned date' could be a problem these days.  The 90 day rule no longer seems to apply to many cruises, so you'd never know which night to 'stay up'.

For the assigned date, if you can see your cruise in the app, if you go to the far right section, the profile, under check in it will show the date check in will be available.  That worked for my October 29 and November 7 cruises on the Equinox, so hopefully that will generally be right if there is a date shown.  It doesn't work for me for the Constellation in march, as I can't get into that cruise at all.  It does work for my Equinox cruise next summer that shows the date check in will be available.

• Thanks 1

Not true in all cases.  I can bring my cruise up in the app.  There is as yet NO date specified.  Ongoing discussion in another thread or two on this.

It isn't working for Constellation for early November cruises, either.  Figured out a way to get into it, but no date specified.

May be true for any ships that haven't had their official restart yet - at least that appears to be consistent for the moment.

13 hours ago, Jillds10 said:

Hi, regarding check in…does it open at 12:01 AM on your assigned date?  I’d like to try get an early boarding time and will stay up if that’s the case.

People who did that for when my Nov. 13 Summit sailing opened for check-in still could only choose the 3:00-3:30 boarding time. No other options were ever available. It seems there is some sort of bug in the system right now.

Eek!  Ok, I’ll try the midnight route and hope for the best.  I’ve seen that others have been able to amend their check in time after the fact.  Our check in date is August 30 for our November 28 Equinox cruise.

We are checked in but cannot access boarding pass on app or online, though others on our roll call have their Xpress passes printed out.

Per the app we will only be cleared to board once we do our health questionnaire 24 hours prior, correct?

10 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

We are checked in but cannot access boarding pass on app or online, though others on our roll call have their Xpress passes printed out.

Per the app we will only be cleared to board once we do our health questionnaire 24 hours prior, correct?

Yes, you will only be able to view/print your cruise documents once you have completed the Health & Safety section. However, you should be able to access your Xpress pass now. In the app, if you go to the check-in section and scroll down past the Health & safety section, you should see a button to View Xpress Pass.

Edited by JamieLogical

21 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

The health questionnaire on the App will not fully clear you to board the ship. You will be cleared to board after answering a few more questions at the port and passing a temperature check.

Those were the procedures for our cruise in July.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Yes, you will only be able to view/print your cruise documents once you have completed the Health & Safety section. However, you should be able to access your Xpress pass now. In the app, if you go to the check-in section and scroll down past the Health & safety section, you should see a button to View Xpress Pass.

I do see that button and have clicked on it innumerable times but nada. The app does indicate check-in in progress but shows Travel Info and Arrival Time as complete, but not Health and Safety since it is too soon.

I am sure we will get on the Millennium regardless, but it would be nice to see the Xpress pass. Maybe will try on DH's iPhone vs. my Samsung.

36 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

I do see that button and have clicked on it innumerable times but nada. The app does indicate check-in in progress but shows Travel Info and Arrival Time as complete, but not Health and Safety since it is too soon.

I am sure we will get on the Millennium regardless, but it would be nice to see the Xpress pass. Maybe will try on DH's iPhone vs. my Samsung.

That is the way it works..... 

The Health & Safety will only be available the day prior to the cruise.

Documents and Luggage Tags are available about 30 days prior to cruise using the Web.   To my knowledge you can't access them from from the App ---

On the webpage -- computer version, not the app -- there was a check-in "countdown" for my November cruise, the number of days before I could start check-in. I'm guessing (from reading here) the app doesn't show the same countdown?

On 8/19/2021 at 11:29 AM, JamieLogical said:

Can't print all cruise docs before completing Health & Safety ... can't complete H&S until the day before. I'll be on the road the day before, sure hope I can get to a printer somewhere.

On 8/19/2021 at 1:14 PM, Jim_Iain said:

... Documents and Luggage Tags are available about 30 days prior to cruise using the Web. ...

This is confirmed? I'm still about 10 weeks out.

The requirement to use the app is rapidly confusing things in too many ways for my well-aged brain to handle.

Edited by Moonarino

59 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

This is confirmed? I'm still about 10 weeks out.

The requirement to use the app is rapidly confusing things in too many ways for my well-aged brain to handle.

It will be fine.

I've just been through the process and the cruise documents were available online and by email almost 30 days ahead of the boarding date.

Just complete the guest information and the check-in process as far as you can and it will all be OK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

It will be fine.

I've just been through the process and the cruise documents were available online and by email almost 30 days ahead of the boarding date.

Just complete the guest information and the check-in process as far as you can and it will all be OK.

Thanks for the word. Further worrisome is that websites (computer and apps) can have problems at the worst times, so time cushions are always great.

Yet another Q (and solicitation) different than the OP's, but since the original question is generic ("Checking in on the X app") I don't see the wisdom in starting a new thread. Looong post to follow, thus bolding key problems/questions.

Also included is the question as to whether the latest app update (August 12) might have some problems. See below, the paragraph in blue text.

I can't get both of our "Travel info" checkmarks to stick in the app. Mine reverts to unchecked from one session to the next, and after several attempts I can't get my lady's Travel info to be checked off at all. Hers still shows as incomplete in the app.  Both her info and mine have been completed to the exact same degree, everything filled in except a photo. (It asks at the end if I want to "Skip" the photo, which says it's optional).

Has anybody else suffered anything like this?

After numerous failed attempts to get us both checked in, last night we thought to try creating a separate webpage login account for her on computer (never done before) just to get her "enrolled" in the Captain's Club and get her a separate C.C. number -- again never done before, never had an apparent reason to, but wondered if this might solve our app check-ins problem...

So we got a new C.C.# for her, and I entered her new separate C.C.# into the app. That didn't complete her Travel info either. And now this morning my C.C.# again shows in her Travel info, instead of hers. Either the X webserver or the app itself replaced her C.C.# with mine, and it won't let us change it, either in the app or on the webpage. So now my C.C.# is glued into her check-in, where it wasn't before. Getting her a separate C.C.# was pointless at best, for check-in at least. So moving on from that...

First thing this morning both of our check-ins still showed incomplete on the webpage (celebritycruises.com), whereas at one point yesterday, hers showed completed on the webpage ("View boarding pass / edit check-in") while mine stilled showed incomplete. And (again) this morning our "Travel info" in the app also showed unchecked, again. I went through it one more time, checked Agree at the end, and I got a view of my Xpress Pass -- where my check-in has never showed complete on the webpage (and now hers doesn't, again), and again my Xpress Pass might not show in the app the next time I open it, because again my Travel info might again be unchecked -- and for her I have yet to see an Xpress Pass in the app. Nada, nunca.

It's such a simple thing, or should be. Infuriating that I'm seeing so many glitches.

I've tried the app on two different phones, same results.

I'm now wondering if older app versions worked better.  I initiated our check-in efforts with the latest update (version 1.28) of the app, released on August 12. (It does happen, too often, where app updates actually break functionality.)  Version 1.26 was current as of April-May this year, then version 1.27 from June 1 to August 12, and since August 12, version 1.28. (But also note, version 1.26 forced an update for me, but version 1.27 apparently does not, so if you didn't install an update recently you're still on 1.27. How to know which version you're on? I can't say, because I can't find an "About" page in the app itself.)

So I'm at the point of using the app developer team's email address (found on their play.google.com page) to ask why I can't complete our check-ins on this new version. (Fyi, that address is appfeedback-at-rccl.com. Yes, "rccl".)

But before I email, I'm asking for advice/feedback as to these problems, or actual experience from those who have sucessfully, verifiably used the X app to check-in and go through boarding at the terminal, and when.  Also any very recent successes in getting check-in completed in the app, to the point of getting and keeping an Xpress Pass?

Apologies for all the niggly details that might be more distracting than helpful. TIA for any offerings.

Edited by Moonarino