Unvaccinated refused to pay extra fee?

geovet

My next cruise is scheduled for this December. I do not feel it is right to impose a extra $600 for my family. We all had the Covid and are not vaxed. I have obc from previous canceled cruise.  Will they allow me to move it back a year and retain my obc?

My understanding is that the unvaxed would be charged $150 each to cover COVID testing and need travel insurance. I have no problem with having insurance but I’m not willing to pay carnival for testing.

3 minutes ago, geovet said:

My understanding is that the unvaxed would be charged $150 each to cover COVID testing and need travel insurance. I have no problem with having insurance but I’m not willing to pay carnival for testing.

You are not vaccinated so you won't be sailing with Carnival anyhow right now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

IMO, that 5% was for kids, not adults. It allows adults with kids who can't get the vax, to travel.

Not because someone got a medical degree from Google U.

That might be your opinion, but posters on the boards here have reported that adults have also received exemptions.

25 minutes ago, geovet said:

My next cruise is scheduled for this December. I do not feel it is right to impose a extra $600 for my family. We all had the Covid and are not vaxed. I have obc from previous canceled cruise.  Will they allow me to move it back a year and retain my obc?

Lots of people here have reported Carnival being flexible in refunding / moving cruises - you'll just have to call and see what you get.

• Like 2

If the Federal Courts agree with NCL, and all Florida appeals fail.  His (OP) decision will be made for him.  

With the Surpreme Court (recent Indiana University mandate case for on campus living and learning) indicating they will support 100% vaccination to participate in an activity, Florida has a slim chance of winning.

Edited by CruiseHealing
  • Like 6

You don't have to pay anything extra. Just sit back, wait to see what happens, and then be denied access to board. It is extremely unlikely that the OBC will move with the cancelation. The reason is Carnival is not canceling the cruise, you are. You are just choosing not to abide by the protocols put forth. That means Carnival does need to honor anything.

• Like 5

Right now protocols for December aren't announced. Assuming similar protocols as are currently in place, once announced you will need to request an exemption to cruise. If you are not granted an exception, you get a refund. If you wish to cancel, I believe you get FCC and can move to a later date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

That might be your opinion, but posters on the boards here have reported that adults have also received exemptions.

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I'd bet against a full family of four unvaccinated getting anything right now...... Maybe for kids under 12. 

Yeah adults are getting it but like someone else said; after the kids on board with vaccinated parents get the exemptions, then those with medical issues have been getting them. At least thats what ive read everywhere. 

• Like 1