B2B Testing Protocols

HicksRA

What are the current protocols for B2B cruisers relative to the second leg?  
I know you have to have a negative test 3 days prior to the first sailing.  Do you have to do anything upon return from cruise 1 to continue on cruise 2?  
We’re sailing the first two weeks in Sept and I imagine it will be close to the same protocols as August. 

B2b I'm told I will be called in probably the morning of changeover and have a covid test administered. I will probably wait in another room for test results, not roaming around the ship. That's what I'm told.

Idk ..seems like I should be allowed to roam. I was just told I'd wait in another room for results.

• Thanks 1

On the 4-day Freedom, they tested the B2B and side-to-side Royal cruisers on Thursday afternoon at 4:30 in the Library by the Star Lounge. Test results were received by 10 PM as a letter in an envelope that was delivered to your cabin. No fee for the test. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

Are departing guests tested? We are going from Royal to another cruise line the same day.  Trying to figure out how to get the required test done in between.

I saw on a video blog that they suggest you find a CVS, Walgreens, etc. at the port so you can get tested for your next cruise.  They were even suggesting it for any side2side cruises, even if on same cruise line (not b2b)

15 minutes ago, jerseygirl74 said:

I saw on a video blog that they suggest you find a CVS, Walgreens, etc. at the port so you can get tested for your next cruise.  They were even suggesting it for any side2side cruises, even if on same cruise line (not b2b)

If you do find a CVS close to the port, I'd plan on making the test appointment just before leaving on the first leg of the cruise. Their rapid test appointments open about 10 days before you get to turnover day, and they fill up very quickly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 10:01 PM, gadaboutgal said:

Are departing guests tested? We are going from Royal to another cruise line the same day.  Trying to figure out how to get the required test done in between.

Sounds like the BinaxNow supervised test would be your best bet.  You can take it with you and take it 2 days before boarding your 2nd ship.