Room Service Experience on Recent Cruises 8/2021?

pris993

On 8/18/2021 at 7:07 AM, geoherb said:

There's an English muffin sandwich with bacon, egg, and cheese. That's the only hot food item on the menu. 

On the second Majestic sailing to Alaska, our muffin sandwich was anything BUT hot...had apparently been sitting on a tray for at least 30 minutes.

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

That’s the thing right there … we used to sign for it and leave a tip right there on the back of the form.  They never took it out, though like they used to do.  The third time we ordered it, the guy didn’t even have time for us to sign it.  I’m not sure he understood English really well, though.  Next time, we will have cash out and ready to go.  

From your experience, sounds like under staffed.  We always give them cash, but they are quick in and out.   In the past by doing so, we often would get the same person every morning for breakfast.   

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There are some items on the newly expanded room service menu. If there's one from CG, it would cost extra.

Love to be able to order and pay.   We like the Fish and Chip done at lunch time at Crown Grill, on some ships we were able to get an order sent to our cabin via Room Service.   We would go to CG order and pay and they would send order to cabin via Room Service.  Really liked doing it that way, since CG too crowded and noisy.   Will try to do on next cruise.  Paying isn't the issue.   My DH love the fish and chips, so hope they have them post covid. 

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

On the second Majestic sailing to Alaska, our muffin sandwich was anything BUT hot...had apparently been sitting on a tray for at least 30 minutes.

I have been told that the same sandwich is served in the IC and is hot when served there.  I haven't tried that (defeating the purpose of in-room breakfast) but I have never had a hot one or not-soggy one from room service.  Not my favorite item on the menu.

29 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Love to be able to order and pay.   We like the Fish and Chip done at lunch time at Crown Grill, on some ships we were able to get an order sent to our cabin via Room Service.   We would go to CG order and pay and they would send order to cabin via Room Service.  Really liked doing it that way, since CG too crowded and noisy.   Will try to do on next cruise.  Paying isn't the issue.   My DH love the fish and chips, so hope they have them post covid. 

Are you talking about the Pub Lunch?  Too bad they don't do that more than once a twice a cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pris993 said:

6 hours ago, Kay S said:

Are you talking about the Pub Lunch?  Too bad they don't do that more than once a twice a cruise.

Pub lunch has no charge for Fish and Chips.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 3:34 PM, Kay S said:

That is good to hear.  A drawback on Princess has always been the limited room service menu, IMO, as opposed to other cruise lines.

It was very good news for us, too.  We enjoyed room service more often than we usually order it.  I'm not sure how long it will last as those employees were running like mad.  

Pub lunch has not been offered so far this Majestic Princess cruise or last cruise at all.

We’ve had mixed luck with room service. I like my hot food hot, and the food ordered from room service simply hasn’t been. The salad I got and the dessert was very good. But I won’t order anything hot again. 

21 hours ago, Kay S said:

Yes, you pay for the beer or whatever... good. 

Agree wish they did more often, only do on sea days. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 10:47 PM, caribill said:

Pub lunch has no charge for Fish and Chips.

no charge for food but they really want you to buy a drink, my dh gets 2 beers, so that is what we paid for and given we were  having sent to our room felt reasonable to purchase something!!

Here’s some suggestions that have worked for me in the past. I for example wrote “Eggs Benedict’ on the menu & they arrived. For the delivery time I just circled 7 am & that’s the time my order arrived. So I’ve added things not on the order form & they were delivered. I made a mistake once & ordered 2 English muffins & I received 2 orders. 

Tom😀