Suite Check In and Boarding Time on Millennium

TeeRick

So we are finally going on our first cruise in over 18 months. 😀 We have a CS suite on Millennium out of Seattle on Sept 24th sailing.  We have not yet checked in on the Celebrity app.  It has been unavailable for some reason.   When we do check in on the app, do we have to choose an option for boarding time?  It seems that some here have reported that suite passengers can show up and board any time?  True or not?  Anybody currently on Millennium out of Seattle that has done this?  Do we choose a time on the app or is it different for suites?  Thank you!

When you checkin on the app you will be required to select a boarding time even if it's not used at the port.  Since you are in a CS you will be contacted by Shoreside Concierge before your sailng.  You can confirm with them if you can board at your leisure or if they are following the assigned times for suites.

If you are in a suite, you can check in anytime you want.  The Shoreside Concierge has no direct knowledge. Look for the agents with clip boards and let them know you are in the "Retreat" and they will walk you to the doors that enter the building.  Once in the building, be sure they know you are in a "retreat".  TIP! be sure your 72-hour vaccination status is printed and dated.  Mine was not dated, but I was able show the email with the attachment dated.  They will scan your printed documents.  May be an image of 1 person and standingUse the curb side luggage drop off if possible. Then just look for the "Retreat" sign.  

Edited by Sam.Seattle

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

So we are finally going on our first cruise in over 18 months. 😀 We have a CS suite on Millennium out of Seattle on Sept 24th sailing.  We have not yet checked in on the Celebrity app.  It has been unavailable for some reason.   When we do check in on the app, do we have to choose an option for boarding time?  It seems that some here have reported that suite passengers can show up and board any time?  True or not?  Anybody currently on Millennium out of Seattle that has done this?  Do we choose a time on the app or is it different for suites?  Thank you!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

My experience recently has been that when you check in using the app the second step is to select an embarkation time.   You can select anytime you wish.

As a suite guest you can check in at anytime regardless of the time on your boarding pass.   There is usually a separate entrance for suite guest.

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

My experience recently has been that when you check in using the app the second step is to select an embarkation time.   You can select anytime you wish.

As a suite guest you can check in at anytime regardless of the time on your boarding pass.   There is usually a separate entrance for suite guest.

Thank you Jim.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

ENJOY!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

@TeeRick:  We are scheduled for the September 17th and 24th sailings.  We are also in a suite for each leg of the B2B.  We received an e-mail on August 18th notifying us of a boarding time of noon to 12:30 PM for the September 17th sailing.  Same time range is also on the app.

thank you!

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

@TeeRick Hi,  on the same sailing as you, & in retreat as well, I was able to do the check in thru the app, & select an arrival time... you might want to try uninstalling the app & then reinstalling... it helped when I had a problem with it...  just 35 more days to go 🙂

Thank you I will try that today.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 1:44 PM, Northern Aurora said:

@TeeRick:  We are scheduled for the September 17th and 24th sailings.  We are also in a suite for each leg of the B2B.  We received an e-mail on August 18th notifying us of a boarding time of noon to 12:30 PM for the September 17th sailing.  Same time range is also on the app.

You will love the B2B process!  No Customs to clear.  Just meet in the designated  lounge and then walk out as a group to the outside deck to the swipe your card out and get your new Sea pass card

Cheers!

🍸

47 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

You will love the B2B process!  No Customs to clear.  Just meet in the designated  lounge and then walk out as a group to the outside deck to the swipe your card out and get your new Sea pass card

Cheers!

🍸

I've heard that that security retains the 'old' card in the process, and that those who collect them as cruise souvenirs will find it necessary to go to the guest desk at some point and ask to have it returned.  The explanation that was given here was that too many were forgetting and attempting to use the old card.  Make of that what you will!  Saw that in a thread here somewhere in the last month or so.  Can anyone confirm?

1 hour ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Cheers!

🍸

We rarely do anything but B2B or B2B2B cruises with a periodic B2B2B2B.  In fact, umpteen years ago we had a turnaround day in Seattle at Pier 66 before Celebrity used Smith Cove.  I am thinking that was in 2011.  In any event, we don't find the B2B process difficult or confusing.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I've heard that that security retains the 'old' card in the process, and that those who collect them as cruise souvenirs will find it necessary to go to the guest desk at some point and ask to have it returned.  The explanation that was given here was that too many were forgetting and attempting to use the old card.  Make of that what you will!  Saw that in a thread here somewhere in the last month or so.  Can anyone confirm?

It has been common procedure for years to surrender the prior sea pass card at the end of a leg.  We don't collect them as souvenirs.  If we did we would have boxes of them.  I never ask for them to be returned, but sometime a stateroom attendant will leave them in an envelope in your stateroom.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Yes they retained our Sea Pass from the first leg of the B2B.

7 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

It has been common procedure for years to surrender the prior sea pass card at the end of a leg.  We don't collect them as souvenirs.  If we did we would have boxes of them.  I never ask for them to be returned, but sometime a stateroom attendant will leave them in an envelope in your stateroom.

Have an 'art project' in mind for our stack, and wanted to be sure that all cruises are represented.  Ages since we did a B2B.  Thanks for confirming that I may have to request them.