Muse Asian cruises now waitlisted?

Mocamps

I notice that ALL of the Silver Muse Asian cruises seem to be now waitlisted. I think this probably means that they are about to be cancelled?

We are booked onto the Hong Kong/Singapore on November 17th but I've been thinking for some time that it seems unlikely it will go.

Any thoughts?

Listed these on another thread.

Odd they are keeping the Japan cruises in place.   I would hope if they cancel all of Asia they should do it NOW and not leave anyone hanging as I have hotels and final flights to still book.

They have to make a decision as what happens with Muse soon as Alaska season ends on 20 September (less than a month away)

23 Oct 21 - Hong Kong to Bangkok/Singapore

5 Nov 21 - Singapore to Singapore/Hong Kong

17 Nov 21 - Hong Kong to Singapore

29 Nov 21 - Singapore to Sydney

2 Dec 21 - Bali to Brisbane/Sydney

29 Dec 21 - Sydney/Melbourne to Auckland

3 Jan 22 - Auckland to Sydney

18 Jan 22 - Sydney/Melbourne to Auckland

3 Feb 22 - Auckland to Melbourne/Sydney

19 Feb 22  Sydney/Bali to Singapore

9 March 22 - Singapore to Yokohama

25 March Yokohama and following to Alaska still listed as a go.

Hmmm... My May 6th Muse Tokyo and Seward has survived... so far... and rather surprisingly the Dawn TA this November and South America cruises till showing. I'd thought that would have been cancelled by now.... considering all countries (apart from US which wont let us in anyway) are red.

Wish they would let us know ASAP. It looks like the "waitlisted" cruises will continue on to be cancelled at some stage. Was looking forward to 24 days of being pampered. I am thinking I shall wait, instead of jumping in and booking another cruise if cancellation happens. This will be the second cancelled cruise with SS and one with Seabourn. 

I heard onboard Muse last week that she will sail to Tokyo after Alaska as she has a private charter booked from there. Not sure how reliable the rumor is, but the crew have no idea what awaits them after that.

Just now, CJANDH said:

I heard onboard Muse last week that she will sail to Tokyo after Alaska as she has a private charter booked from there. Not sure how reliable the rumor is, but the crew have no idea what awaits them after that.

Hi CJ😀 crew still does not know what is going to happen after Sept- it is just "hurry up and wait"

I have not heard anything about a charter but I have  not asked anyone either.

To be honest, as quite a number of countries which are important for winter season cruise schedules have very strict immigration/quarantine restrictions at the moment, I don't think that this season will be very exciting.

The US (closed for Europeans), Australia, many Asian and Arabic countries... so many restrictions everywhere...

Being a now Silversea from Seabourn-convert 😉 I am keeping an eye on the Athens to Dubai Moon but with Israel AND Oman closed for tourist I don't think that will happen.

Where would YOU go this winter if you were a cruise line?

5 hours ago, M&PGermany said:

Being a now Silversea from Seabourn-convert 😉 I am keeping an eye on the Athens to Dubai Moon but with Israel AND Oman closed for tourist I don't think that will happen.

It appears that Oman is open again - with testing restrictions, but open:

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/oman-starts-reopening-its-borders/

But by November, this may have changed back and forth few times again.

13 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

It appears that Oman is open again - with testing restrictions, but open:

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/oman-starts-reopening-its-borders/

But by November, this may have changed back and forth few times again.

Still a lot of restrictions, esp. for UK travellers. Not sure that their reopening will last… also Israel - closed for who knows how long. 

On 8/24/2021 at 1:15 PM, M&PGermany said:

To be honest, as quite a number of countries which are important for winter season cruise schedules have very strict immigration/quarantine restrictions at the moment, I don't think that this season will be very exciting.

The US (closed for Europeans), Australia, many Asian and Arabic countries... so many restrictions everywhere...

Where would YOU go this winter if you were a cruise line?

Would be interested to know why you converted from Seabourn to Silversea.

Thanks…..

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 10:27 AM, Solon said:

Would be interested to know why you converted from Seabourn to Silversea.

Thanks…..

Hi Solon,

don't get me wrong - I would take any cruise on Seabourn at any time but I was really pleasantly surprised on my current Silver Moon voyage as from the videos that I saw on vlogs/YT etc. I was expecting SS to be far more "old-fashioned". I thought the ship style, food etc. wouldn't appeal to me as compared to SB.

Well, I was totally wrong.

1. The Muse class ships are exactly my cup of tea. Modern, crisp, perfect size. Beautiful suites. AND WOW, WHAT A LARGE POOL!  I absolutely loved it!

(ALTHOUGH I must say how any ship designer can "forget" an observation deck remains a mystery to me).

2. The crew: Excellent mix from many different countries, very much like SB (some even come from SB). Some more senior, some very junior... Many many pleasant conversations with these girls and guys. Superb service in all venues!

3. The food: Very European, not just Steak and Caviar (which you can get too) but SOOO creative! I was impressed - and that's hard. The "buffet" La Terrazza much better than the Colonnade. So many different styles of restaurants. You get so many (more) choices. The quality of cuisine is extremely high. On SB all you get is Thomas Keller, Thomas Keller, Thomas Keller. The whole TK concept is hugely overrated. It's okay but nothing that would even get close to Michelin style cuisine. I'm very sorry SB, but TK needs to go. Just my M&P advise.

I have linked a video down below about Hapag Lloyd's "THE GLOBE by Kevin Fehling" on the EUROPA. In my opinion THAT something you can make a fuss about. That's Michelin star cuisine. Something REALLY special. Thomas Keller is not.

Obviously food is very important for me. And SS did a better job than SB in that category. I posted a lot food photos in another thread "Silver Moon Food Extravaganza". 

4. The wines/drinks: We come from a German wine region so we are picky when we talk about white wines. The selection of wines was E X C E L L E N T ! We loved it. So many different local wines. Whatever you wanted, the Sommeliers would talk to you and make it happen. 

5. S.A.L.T - the restaurant, the BAR (!!!), the Lab - what a great idea, what a great concept. There is no way one can not like it. A real game changer. 

6. The schedule (i.e. late departures as well as days at sea. A good mix)

7. Included excursions: We didn't go on an excursion every day but we went on some and they were very well organized, we really enjoyed them and they were included in the cruise fare. 

I hope that answers your question a little bit. Let me know if you have more questions. 

All the best, 

M&P

Edited by M&PGermany
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, M&PGermany said:

Hi Solon,

don't get me wrong - I would take any cruise on Seabourn at any time but I was really pleasantly surprised on my current Silver Moon voyage as from the videos that I saw on vlogs/YT etc. I was expecting SS to be far more "old-fashioned". I thought the ship style, food etc. wouldn't appeal to me as compared to SB.

Well, I was totally wrong.

1. The Muse class ships are exactly my cup of tea. Modern, crisp, perfect size. Beautiful suites. AND WOW, WHAT A LARGE POOL!  I absolutely loved it!

(ALTHOUGH I must say how any ship designer can "forget" an observation deck remains a mystery to me).

2. The crew: Excellent mix from many different countries, very much like SB (some even come from SB). Some more senior, some very junior... Many many pleasant conversations with these girls and guys. Superb service in all venues!

3. The food: Very European, not just Steak and Caviar (which you can get too) but SOOO creative! I was impressed - and that's hard. The "buffet" La Terrazza much better than the Colonnade. So many different styles of restaurants. You get so many (more) choices. The quality of cuisine is extremely high. On SB all you get is Thomas Keller, Thomas Keller, Thomas Keller. The whole TK concept is hugely overrated. It's okay but nothing that would even get close to Michelin style cuisine. I'm very sorry SB, but TK needs to go. Just my M&P advise.

I have linked a video down below about Hapag Lloyd's "THE GLOBE by Kevin Fehling" on the EUROPA. In my opinion THAT something you can make a fuss about. That's Michelin star cuisine. Something REALLY special. Thomas Keller is not.

Obviously food is very important for me. And SS did a better job than SB in that category. I posted a lot food photos in another thread "Silver Moon Food Extravaganza". 

4. The wines/drinks: We come from a German wine region so we are picky when we talk about white wines. The selection of wines was E X C E L L E N T ! We loved it. So many different local wines. Whatever you wanted, the Sommeliers would talk to you and make it happen. 

5. S.A.L.T - the restaurant, the BAR (!!!), the Lab - what a great idea, what a great concept. There is no way one can not like it. A real game changer. 

6. The schedule (i.e. late departures as well as days at sea. A good mix)

7. Included excursions: We didn't go on an excursion every day but we went on some and they were very well organized, we really enjoyed them and they were included in the cruise fare. 

I hope that answers your question a little bit. Let me know if you have more questions. 

All the best, 

M&P

Thank you very much for your comprehensive response.

We are booked on the Silver Moon next year and have great expectations.

Enjoyed the video….

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 10:33 AM, CJANDH said:

The news I have today (from onboard the Muse) is that after the next (last) Alaska cruise the ship is going into layup till at least December and many of the crew will be flown home. 

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

The news I have today (from onboard the Muse) is that after the next (last) Alaska cruise the ship is going into layup till at least December and many of the crew will be flown home. 

oh wow............

2 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Bummer!!  Any word on Mar Japan cruises?

And you have to really feel for the crew. Many probably just did this shortened Alaska season and now will be going back home again. 

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

And you have to really feel for the crew. Many probably just did this shortened Alaska season and now will be going back home again. 

To a certain extent, SS is doing the same thing with the Shadow crew as some who came on board in Marseille to quarantine and ultimately sail the Iceland season will be departing in Croatia next week.  I'm not sure if additional crew was brought on in Reykjavík to quarantine prior to the Venice departure tomorrow.