Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

3 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

My eMed 6 pack of tests were registered in my name and my husbands. None of the kits had any kind of stickers on them with our names or even expiration dates printed on them that I could see. The case box they were shipped in does have this list sticker on the outside:

image.thumb.jpeg.c67c463ee7041556e1235ef0d839cf19.jpeg

Hope it’s safe to assume that 2021-02-05 was the manufacture date and that 2021-10-05 is the original expiration date. I guess I need to contact eMed to confirm. 

We need for 10/30 and 2/4 cruises. I can also check the Lot # against the list on the sheet showing the lots that were extended to have a 12 mo exp date from date of manufacture.

Jane

Added info. Found this key for the symbols on label:

image.thumb.png.950e1c7dd4bbc1c28fd92d1581d0716c.png

That should mean 1 year exp date would be 2/5/22

Question.  Can you tell me when you ordered/received your order? I'm curious as we could use 4 (2 for October and 2 for February). I would just hate it to expire days before we would need it for our February cruise.

Thanx

Erika

7 hours ago, dominicr said:

Anyone tried to use one of these tests for a child under 12 and over 4?  The emed website says approved for kids ages 4 and up but cdc website now says rapid antigen doesn’t count for precruise test for unvaccinated.  

I thought children under 12 (unvaccinated) could only do the PCR test (still with a 3 day window) and NOT the rapid test….which is what the home monitored test is…

16 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I thought children under 12 (unvaccinated) could only do the PCR test (still with a 3 day window) and NOT the rapid test….which is what the home monitored test is…

Not until Sept 13th prior to that the antigen is just fine for the kids.

20 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Question.  Can you tell me when you ordered/received your order? I'm curious as we could use 4 (2 for October and 2 for February). I would just hate it to expire days before we would need it for our February cruise.

Thanx

Erika

I was told by EMed that the tests they have in stock right now all have the same expiration date which is 1/5/22. You’d be better off just ordering the two you need from Optum instead of wasting money on tests that will expire before you need them like some of us have already done. 

5 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I was told by EMed that the tests they have in stock right now all have the same expiration date which is 1/5/22. You’d be better off just ordering the two you need from Optum instead of wasting money on tests that will expire before you need them like some of us have already done. 

I am going to use every single one of the ones that I have that are dated 1/5 put then we are a group of 7.  There are also alot of people with several cruises in the next few months so they would be able to use them too.  Not really a waste for everyone.

I would suggest you try and sell the extras.

Edited by mauraoel

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I ordered the 2 pack from Optum. I ordered Sat. and it shipped today. 

Mine were supposed to arrive today but stuck in NJ due to Ida.  I have time, but stayed home from work today to make sure someone was here to get them inside.  Oh well, no biggie

9 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I am going to use every single one of the ones that I have that are dated 1/5 put then we are a group of 7.  There are also alot of people with several cruises in the next few months so they would be able to use them too.  Not really a waste for everyone.

I would suggest you try and sell the extras.

I realize it’s not a waste for everyone, I never said it was, but Birdylady specifically said she needed them for February. I was just cautioning her that the tests expire before then so she doesn’t waste her money. 

12 minutes ago, VaTech8912 said:

Mine were supposed to arrive today but stuck in NJ due to Ida.  I have time, but stayed home from work today to make sure someone was here to get them inside.  Oh well, no biggie

I don’t cruise until Oct 1 from Seattle, so I hope you are all good with test arrivals. 

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I don’t cruise until Oct 1 from Seattle, so I hope you are all good with test arrivals. 

Yes, we are cruising 9/12 (already have those tests) but ordered 2 for our mid-October cruise to be safe.  Glad we did now vs waiting until closer to cruise date.  Small things in the big picture...have a great holiday weekend.

another question- What is everyone answering in regards to the questions asked?  Need testing to RETURN to US? Or may have been exposed (offered only on emed, not optum)?  And curious what happens when you take the test. Do they ask again?
Thanx

Erika

3 minutes ago, birdylady said:

another question- What is everyone answering in regards to the questions asked?  Need testing to RETURN to US? Or may have been exposed (offered only on emed, not optum)?  And curious what happens when you take the test. Do they ask again?
Thanx

Erika

Just did one for practice.  I put for travel.  They just asked what airlines, traveling from what county and what city I was testing from. (Probably for the tracking of counties.)

Also, they do expire so order close to your travel date.  Our expire 2 days after we leave and I ordered them 2 weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Thanx

Erika

We answered return to US when ordering the tests.  When we took the test there was an option I believe that said "none of the above" and that is what we chose.

2 hours ago, loungelady55 said:

Just did one for practice.  I put for travel.  They just asked what airlines, traveling from what county and what city I was testing from. (Probably for the tracking of counties.)

Also, they do expire so order close to your travel date.  Our expire 2 days after we leave and I ordered them 2 weeks ago.

Is that the extended expiration or the one on the package?

3 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I realize it’s not a waste for everyone, I never said it was, but Birdylady specifically said she needed them for February. I was just cautioning her that the tests expire before then so she doesn’t waste her money. 

And if she orders them in December or January she likely not going to get any of the current stock they are going  through them so fast Abbott is ramping up production. 

I have 4 unopened eMed tests purchased on eMed (had to buy two 6-packs), these are the proctor kits used for pre-cruise testing (I used them myself). If you're interested in any (1-4 quantity), PM me. I'll sell these at cost ($28 each, which covers the $25 kit and shipping to me, plus add actual shipment costs to you). I'll throw in a Floxflex test also per kit shipped (this can't be used for cruising, but is handy if you want to do a pre-test). Hopefully this post is allowed here: trying to help others and recoup some of the money I invested.

Edited by exm
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, birdylady said:

Thanx

Erika

We ordered on Sat evening, 8/28/21.

At 11:57 pm Sat, got “Thanks for your order”/order received email.

Sunday 2pm “Your order has been approved” email came in.

“EMed Order Shipped” email with FedEx tracking came on Monday, 8/30 at 8pm. Shipped Monday.

Received Tues morning 8/31.

I also ordered the 6-pack from eMed for my son and his fiancée.

9/1 Wednesday about Noon, placed order

9/2 ~ 4 am Thurs “Thanks for your order” email 

9/2 8am Thurs “Order approved” email

9/2 4pm Thurs “Order Shipped” with FedEx tracking info

9/3 Currently showing on a FedEx Vehicle for delivery.

Conclusion is that it been taking 2 business days from order if you count Sat as a business day.

Keeping an eye on Walgreens, CVS et al, this item is available in the 2-pack (Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test (2 tests for serial testing)) for $23.99, free shipping (on our CVS account) with a limit of 6-units (i.e., 12 tests @ $12 = $144), or, about 50% less than the eMed 6-pack unit cost plus FedEx $17+-?

7 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Keeping an eye on Walgreens, CVS et al, this item is available in the 2-pack (Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test (2 tests for serial testing)) for $23.99, free shipping (on our CVS account) with a limit of 6-units (i.e., 12 tests @ $12 = $144), or, about 50% less than the eMed 6-pack unit cost plus FedEx $17+-?

Those aren't accepted as they aren't monitored.

It is these below right?  These aren't accepted by RCI. Has to be the monitored AG card test. There are only two vendors at the moment. eMed and the Optum store

https://www.cvs.com/shop/abbott-binaxnow-covid-19-antigen-self-test-2-tests-for-serial-testing-prodid-550147

Edited by ryano
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 5:54 AM, bajathree said:

That is exactly my plan....we have our Sept and another planned for Dec.

I just posted on another thread about this, and depending on inventory flow, you may get a kit that expires anywhere from 4-12 months.  I also found that ordering it from the Navica app seems to be very easy and quick. Same price.

• Like 1