Question for those who have used CVS for testing?

maggieq

Caution!  We did that and we able to get into St. Maarten but our test results didn’t specifically say “PCR” anywhere on the document so we had to have a test done with Celebrity before getting on the ship. Took about 15 minutes. 

As for the original question, we got a call after about 30 minutes and got an email with instructions to log into their My Chart app about 30 minutes after that. 

5 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Caution!  We did that and we able to get into St. Maarten but our test results didn’t specifically say “PCR” anywhere on the document so we had to have a test done with Celebrity before getting on the ship. Took about 15 minutes. 

As for the original question, we got a call after about 30 minutes and got an email with instructions to log into their My Chart app about 30 minutes after that. 

From the Celebrity FAQs:

What Type of COVID-19 Tests are Accepted?

If your sailing requires a pre-cruise test, here are some details about the kind of test you’ll need.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
  • Telehealth testing at home is only accepted when it meets certain guidelines. See below.

45 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Booked for the antigen and wondering 1. How timely the results are?  And 2. Are the results sent to email so we can print out?

many thanks! 

I've seen recent comments that results were emailed in as little as 15 minutes.  We're getting tested tomorrow afternoon.  I'll post how it goes.

• Like 4

FYI - Went to my local CVS where they give both test. Told them I'm going on a cruise. Asked if I have to pay. They said yes, if I have no symptoms. I asked about Medicare since I'm on it.  No, they do not bill Medicare. Price is $139.

Will try another location and report. 

We signed up online for antigen tests at a CVS in Houston.   Be sure to provide email addresses since we did not receive any calls with results... just an email with a notification to sign in to their "MyChart" system to download the results.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

Booked for the antigen and wondering 1. How timely the results are?  And 2. Are the results sent to email so we can print out?

many thanks! 

Results from the rapid test were received in two ways.  A phone call in 15-20 minutes followed up with an email with testing and results.  Also, there was no charge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sign up on the website for an appointment.   They ask a series of questions.  If you answer them truthfully I believe you will qualify for the test at no cost to you.

That’s what I thought as well but post #5 says they had to pay. Ughhhhh

Anyone have experience using CVS and indicating your test was for travel?  I’ve taken countless tests through CVS and up until a few weeks ago there was no option to indicate travel. 
Im sailing 9/4 and have already booked my

test...now I’m regretting being honest and saying it was for travel. 

9 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Anyone have experience using CVS and indicating your test was for travel?  I’ve taken countless tests through CVS and up until a few weeks ago there was no option to indicate travel. 

We booked ours for 9/1 and were honest in that it was for travel. My insurance is supposed to take the minute clinic via cvs but fiancée has Medicare and seeing now they don’t take it.  I’ve tried to book the abbot Id now but you can’t do so until 3 days out where we are.  This is stressful but I want to cruise!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I personally was very polite, honest and must have encountered a person who may have been having A bad day. I will check with Walgreens tomorrow. Anyone may have A bad day. Normally you can tell by their answers. JMHO. I will post results tomorrow. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Our CVS absolutely bills Medicare and it is covered for travel, we get our rapid tests tomorrow. We have a Medicare Advantage plan with Aetna if that matters and after we booked our reservation we got a text message to upload a picture of our insurance cards and got a confirmation that our tests were covered.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Our CVS absolutely bills Medicare and it is covered for travel, we get our rapid tests tomorrow. 

Ok...I have insurance through my employer so maybe it’s a different scenario. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry for all the confusion. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Our CVS absolutely bills Medicare and it is covered for travel, we get our rapid tests tomorrow. We have a Medicare Advantage plan with Aetna if that matters and after we booked our reservation we got a text message to upload a picture of our insurance cards and got a confirmation that our tests were covered.

Thank you for confirming!

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I had several rapid tests last year at CVS so that I could visit my Father in a rehab hospital. Had to have one every 5 days and they we covered 100% by my insurance. We get our tests tomorrow afternoon. 

Edited by terrydtx

We also used CVS for our vaccinations and we have an electronic copy of our CDC cards uploaded in our My CVS online account, the test results will also be in the app that I can show when we board on Friday on our phones. We can also print a copy from the app. We also have the option of waiting 15 minutes at the CVS for results or they will call in less than an hour.

The experiences posted just proves some people just don't know or provide correct info. We may encounter that anytime/anyplace.

I personally believe it was this individual who whatever.  I don't blame CVS. Just like a person may get bad info from Customer Service or Guest Relations. There are too many other places to go to. Thanks for your info. 

9 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Ok...I have insurance through my employer so maybe it’s a different scenario. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry for all the confusion. 

My insurance, BC/BS, covered our test scheduled for today.  Assuming you scheduled online and entered your insurance info check for typos.  

9 hours ago, asctony said:

The experiences posted just proves some people just don't know or provide correct info. We may encounter that anytime/anyplace.

I personally believe it was this individual who whatever.  I don't blame CVS. Just like a person may get bad info from Customer Service or Guest Relations. There are too many other places to go to. Thanks for your info. 

So you did this all in person rather than scheduling online?

7 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

My insurance, BC/BS, covered our test scheduled for today.  Assuming you scheduled online and entered your insurance info check for typos.  

It even says right on the CVS Covid testing web page

COVID-19 Testing and Locations | MinuteClinic (cvs.com)

Cost and Payment

Is there an out-of-pocket cost for patients with insurance?
Patients with insurance should not have any out-of-pocket costs for a covered COVID-19 test, but you should check with your health plan to confirm before scheduling a test. If you have health insurance, you must bring your card with you to the test site. For patients who test negative for COVID-19 through a rapid test and come into the clinic, the clinic visit should be considered part of your test by your health plan. You likely will not have any out-of-pocket costs for the in-clinic visit, or for testing to further evaluate COVID-like symptoms, but you should check with your health plan to confirm coverage. You will be responsible for any patient cost share as determined by your insurance. If active coverage cannot be located, your test will be submitted to the federal program for the uninsured for payment.

54 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

So you did this all in person rather than scheduling online?

No, we don't leave until 9/4 on the Edge. We have 3 options: CVS, WALGREENS  and local hospital. I am very pro active and want to physically check out the 3.

There is too much misinformation today. People are not trained or informed. MO. I will schedule on line. 

31 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Cost and Payment

Patients with insurance should not have any out-of-pocket costs for a covered COVID-19 test, but you should check with your health plan to confirm before scheduling a test. If you have health insurance, you must bring your card with you to the test site. For patients who test negative for COVID-19 through a rapid test and come into the clinic, the clinic visit should be considered part of your test by your health plan. You likely will not have any out-of-pocket costs for the in-clinic visit, or for testing to further evaluate COVID-like symptoms, but you should check with your health plan to confirm coverage. You will be responsible for any patient cost share as determined by your insurance. If active coverage cannot be located, your test will be submitted to the federal program for the uninsured for payment.

I actually did call my carrier even though I was 99.9% sure it was covered.  The response I got was, "

Oh, absolutely".

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Cost and Payment

Thanks! I will go to that CVS location and advise them of their false info. This may help others in the future.

4 minutes ago, asctony said:

No, we don't leave until 9/4 on the Edge. We have 3 options: CVS, WALGREENS  and local hospital. I am very pro active and want to physically check out the 3.

There is too much misinformation today. People are not trained or informed. MO. I will schedule on line. 

We got vaccinated at Walgreens which was extremely efficient.  We scheduled today's testing with CVS in part because they are our default pharmacy with our physicians but also it's less than a mile from home.  They book up to 14 days before you're target test date.  So if you sail on 9/4 you should be tested on 9/1, 9/2 or 9/3.  You're well within the window.  If you decide to go with CVS the scheduling process is very simple and straightforward.