Are Azamara now offering complementary shore excursions?

margo2011

HI ,mr brother in law is just about to book on the journey in January 2022 and has been told the excursions are free.

He checked with me and I said I wasn’t aware of this we’ve only had the amazing one free can anyone confirm please .

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

Doesn't show any "free" excursions on any of our bookings.

And there are some real expensive excursions available.  The total of some would be almost as much as the cruise. 

Thanks I don’t think so  either ,I think this is an overzealous ta maybe getting mixed up with Oceania.I have just told them to get written what’s included before booking .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Tours have not been included on Oceania unless something changed with COVID.

The way the Oceania website is structured many people think the OLife package is mandatory.  It includes three options:  (a) a certain number of included shore excursions [fewer than the total ports on the cruise]; (b) beverage package; (c) OBC [in the exact amount of the OLife package cost].  You can also book without the package.  Or you can book a complete shore excursion package that lets you choose one in every port [much more expensive than OLife], or just buy shore excursions a la carte [and get a 25% discount if you buy a certain minimum number].  It's very complicated, but no option meets the usual meaning of 'excursions included.' 

I am looking at a cruise on Journey to the Canary Islands at the beginning of January. One TA has packaged flights and a pre & post cruise hotel stay, so maybe it’s a package from a particular TA, who are including complementary excursions?

Those of you who have already booked an Azamara cruise:

Do you have to have a PCR test 3 days before boarding? 
Although this was an extra hassle when we recently sailed on Silhouette, I was grateful that it was done, as I felt safe on board, knowing that everyone had boarded with a negative test result. 
However, after reading that the number of guests who have tested positive on board a Carnival ship ( not pre tested) has caused the CDC to recommend that guests over 70 should not cruise, I wonder how this will effect Azamara, as the new owners are based in America.

1 minute ago, upwarduk said:

I am looking at a cruise on Journey to the Canary Islands at the beginning of January. One TA has packaged flights and a pre & post cruise hotel stay, so maybe it’s a package from a particular TA, who are including complementary excursions?

Although this was an extra hassle when we recently sailed on Silhouette, I was grateful that it was done, as I felt safe on board, knowing that everyone had boarded with a negative test result. 
However, after reading that the number of guests who have tested positive on board a Carnival ship ( not pre tested) has caused the CDC to recommend that guests over 70 should not cruise, I wonder how this will effect Azamara, as the new owners are based in America.

Who knows for January testing rules are driven by the countries the ship is traveling to and they change all the time. The CDC guidance is a recommendation and it’s not a mandate. 
You are just going to have to push the button and take the risk. I’d think you have a bigger risk going through a bundled booking deal with an internet agency than booking direct if you want my overall assessment 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 2:04 PM, upwarduk said:

Boarding tomorrow. They do not require a PCT test beforehand if you have been double jabbed at least 14 days before the cruise. There is a test at the pier that they perform - currently you have to register for it via a link they send you. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Boarding tomorrow. They do not require a PCT test beforehand if you have been double jabbed at least 14 days before the cruise. There is a test at the pier that they perform - currently you have to register for it via a link they send you. 

Please report back one you’re onboard; love to know how the boarding experience is right now 

• Like 2