When do you reserve sun loungers?

Nataly1982

35 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

We normally get to the pool around 9ish and everything is reserved. 

Reserving is not allowed, pretty sad you feel it is acceptable.

Wait 30 minutes and if nobody returns toss the junk or have a pool attendant take it for safe keeping.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

Hi, hope everyone is well. Could you please share your strategy to get a good location sun loungers. What time do you normally reserve them? 

We normally get to the pool around 9ish and everything is reserved. 

Many thanks

The earliest hogging time was 06.00 (just prior to sunrise) on P&O.

Rearranging/removing beds from the “lines” as set out by deck stewards into the required groups with the prime views, plus extended around space and multiple tables.  Moved beds are randomly jettisoned with gusto.  Then placing on beds, towels (secured with obligatory huge plastic pegs), followed by old magazines and/or books, with bags positioned on the tables.  All undertaken in true hogging style. All done in the best possible taste, as Cupid Stunt used to say. 
Off to bed to return after breakfast, or whenever.

Welcome to the Wold of P&O

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The earliest hogging time was 06.00 (just prior to sunrise) on P&O.

Rearranging/removing beds from the “lines” as set out by deck stewards into the required groups with the prime views, plus extended around space and multiple tables.  Moved beds are randomly jettisoned with gusto.  Then placing on beds, towels (secured with obligatory huge plastic pegs), followed by old magazines and/or books, with bags positioned on the tables.  All undertaken in true hogging style. All done in the best possible taste, as Cupid Stunt used to say. 
Off to bed to return after breakfast, or whenever.

Welcome to the Wold of P&O

Would you advise a liberal application of 'tips' to all and sundry to clinch the deal?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

Lol, totally not. Didn’t even know about expression “chair hogging” until now 🙂

Well, the expression is "a thing" and is, IMO, inconsiderate to the others on the ship...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Reserving is not allowed, pretty sad you feel it is acceptable.

Wait 30 minutes and if nobody returns toss the junk or have a pool attendant take it for safe keeping.

Apologies, I didn’t know it’s not allowed. So how come everyone is doing it? I just literally feel a bit silly to never get a chair next to pool when all the fun is happening. We end up keeping our stuff in beach bag and enjoy our time in jacuzzi or pool anyway. 

This time around I was thinking of getting that colourful pegs and literally get up at 5 to snap a lounger just next to pool.

A new chair hogging thread …. after so long … sorry can’t resist … popcorn anyone?

Basically, NCL has repeatedly been trying to cut out the chair hogging … there have been people going on deck at the crack of dawn to lay down their personal cheapo effects and then disappear for the remainder of the day … there are loads of activities on board for them to enjoy more than sitting on loungers and they seem do not give a f**k about the others who really want them sun loungers. 

SMH. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

A new chair hogging thread …. after so long … sorry can’t resist … popcorn anyone?

Basically, NCL has repeatedly been trying to cut out the chair hogging … there have been people going on deck at the crack of dawn to lay down their personal cheapo effects and then disappear for the remainder of the day … there are loads of activities on board for them to enjoy more than sitting on loungers and they seem do not give a f**k about the others who really want them sun loungers. 

SMH. 

LOL....feel better now that you got that out?

• Haha 1

@Nataly1982

First of all, welcome to Cruise Critic … this is the place where you learn a lot from other, mainly, seasoned cruisers … very good place. 

I would like to apologize if my last post seems insensitive to you … but this is a good place for you to learn about the so called chair hogs … they are not just on ships but also on land … so beware if someone starts a thread like this this person needs to put on the flame suit (getting my drift, aren’t you?). 

So, don’t worry, learn and join in the fun … welcome to Cruise Critic. 

When you are on the ship take a look at the following day’s activities on the Dailies that are put in your cabin during the evening turn down.  The best time to get the free loungers is mid- to late afternoon when most people have had enough and retire to cabin. 

When we cruise and if we feel like we go to the pool mid afternoon for swim, cocktails and relax before going to cabin to refresh for dinner. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

When you are on the ship take a look at the following day’s activities on the Dailies that are put in your cabin during the evening turn down.

Are they, or are they all in the app now?

5 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

One more thing, long reserved long unused sun loungers are very photogenic …..

Sure, the entire deck of reserved loungers allows you to get a mid-day picture of them just like the cruise line puts in the marketing material.

Joking aside, somewhat, I once observed another passenger placing towels on entire rows of chairs, or it seemed as if they were.

Hmmm, at a time share in Mexico, pre Covid, we always had one person, by the pool at dawn, securing our “nest” of chairs. Someone was always present, most of the day, everyone. Oh no, am I a chair hog????

4 minutes ago, libtrek said:

Hmmm, at a time share in Mexico, pre Covid, we always had one person, by the pool at dawn, securing our “nest” of chairs. Someone was always present, most of the day, everyone. Oh no, am I a chair hog????

yes you are, no seat saving good grief

Also, since we are talking about CHAIR HOGGING, chair hogging isn't exclusive to the pool deck. I cannot tell you how many times my husband and I have gone to the theatre and had people saving whole rows of seats. This is also hogging. If there is no body present in the chair or an official NCL "reserved" sign on it, I have the right to sit there. And if someone has the audacity to tell me the whole row is saved, I'm getting an NCL employee to help EXPLAIN to this person that unless you are in the Haven or some sort of VIP,  if a butt isn't in the chair, it isn't "Saved" 

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, aubreyc1988 said:

yes you are, no seat saving good grief

Also, since we are talking about CHAIR HOGGING, chair hogging isn't exclusive to the pool deck. I cannot tell you how many times my husband and I have gone to the theatre and had people saving whole rows of seats. This is also hogging. If there is no body present in the chair or an official NCL "reserved" sign on it, I have the right to sit there. And if someone has the audacity to tell me the whole row is saved, I'm getting an NCL employee to help EXPLAIN to this person that unless you are in the Haven or some sort of VIP,  if a butt isn't in the chair, it isn't "Saved" 

Observation deck as well.

I remember photos of people who were sleeping out there.

Just now, ClevelandCruisin said:

Observation deck as well.

I remember photos of people who were sleeping out there.

YES this too. Like I get it, we all want a prime seat, but have some dignity. One time in observation deck, my husband got up to go to the bathroom, lady comes over to me and says "Is this seat saved"...so I said nooo you can sit here...have to practice what I preach after all. When my husband came back, he's like "WHAT" and I'm like "we can't be chair hogs" and I got up and said "Lets do something else or find two seats available together" 

• Like 2