Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

I noticed some folks showed an interest in whether you get an email about upgrades or an in-app notification so I figured it was worth noting that as of today I have both. I got an email forever ago (over 120 days out) and started getting a notice when I sign in to my account online today (55 days out). So far as I can tell, none of my minimum bids have changed, but if I had to guess, some of the max bids have gone down? Not sure what they're after with that change, but there you have it. Anyway, it's a data point, for whatever it might be worth.

On 10/4/2022 at 4:45 PM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Good luck, I took a peak at inventory and 11 total havens left which lead me to believe they haven’t started upgrading yet, and over 12t balconies including 71 in category BA so if your trying to upgrade from inside to balcony I think you have a great shot hopefully you’ll hear late this week but it could be next week , you’ve been luck to get awarded more than 8 business days out mine has been 3 days, 3 days, and last 2 less than 48 hours from Sunday sailing.  I wish there were some havens left on my sailing from mid October but havens been firmly sold out more than a month. Happy sailing.

I saw you got your upgrade yesterday just 2 days before sailing, I really think patience for some of the lower categories if ship is not full does pay off.  What I hate to see happen is people lose patience and even though the ship is clearly not filled is they continue to up their bid, and although that does is make the algorithms adjust including waiting till later to award upgrades and also make future minimum bids possibly hire.   Again, please note I’m stressing sailothat are clearly not filled and lower categories just the trend I’ve been seeing by watching and I observing and also successfully been awarded bids on my sailings. Enjoy your cruise. Happy sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

I saw you got your upgrade yesterday just 2 days before sailing, I really think patience for some of the lower categories if ship is not full does pay off.  What I hate to see happen is people lose patience and even though the ship is clearly not filled is they continue to up their bid, and although that does is make the algorithms adjust including waiting till later to award upgrades and also make future minimum bids possibly hire.   Again, please note I’m stressing sailothat are clearly not filled and lower categories just the trend I’ve been seeing by watching and I observing and also successfully been awarded bids on my sailings. Enjoy your cruise. Happy sailing.

I agree. We put up a bid and then forget about it.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bundtkate said:

I noticed some folks showed an interest in whether you get an email about upgrades or an in-app notification so I figured it was worth noting that as of today I have both. I got an email forever ago (over 120 days out) and started getting a notice when I sign in to my account online today (55 days out). So far as I can tell, none of my minimum bids have changed, but if I had to guess, some of the max bids have gone down? Not sure what they're after with that change, but there you have it. Anyway, it's a data point, for whatever it might be worth.

I got an upgrade email roughly 110 days out. Though the suites appear to be sold out (or unbookable).

I did put in what I would consider "modest" bids but I would have to be very lucky.

Prima sure is driving up the pricing...

I have a booking on the Encore for December in a Studio. My bid email offers Oceanview for $25pp and Balcony for $50pp.

I also have a booking on the Prima for January in a Studio. That bid email offers Oceanview for $75pp, Balcony for $120pp, Spa Balcony for $200pp, and Club Balcony Suite for $450pp.

12 minutes ago, smillerholmes said:

Did you have insurance through NCL?  I know that can increase based upon cabin type.

no, I don't.  The only thing I can think of is that I actually now get two meals with the free at sea (instead of the one meal with the inside cabin) and it's the gratuities for that.  I was under the impression that you kept the offers from your original booking, though.  They will be open in a few hours.  I'll give them a call or hit them up on the chat

I did a mock booking, choosing a balcony instead of an inside.  The dining gratuities are indeed $17.80 for balcony (2 meals) instead of $10 for an inside (1 meal).  So, I guess I mis-understood the rule about only getting the offers from your original cabin.

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

is there a fee for upgrade advantage?  I put in a minimum bid, $75 to go from inside to balcony, but was charged $157.80, instead of $150.  

I’m glad patience paid off and you received your upgrade, I thought you would in your care because of availability on that sailing.  Have a great trip.

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

I did a mock booking, choosing a balcony instead of an inside.  The dining gratuities are indeed $17.80 for balcony (2 meals) instead of $10 for an inside (1 meal).  So, I guess I mis-understood the rule about only getting the offers from your original cabin.

The rule, as you put it, is that you don't get any ADDITIONAL promotions as a result of the bid. However, you do get the promotions you already have. Dining is a promotion that you have, and you get the increased number of meals with the new room. This is not an ADDITIONAL promotion, just an update to your already existing promotion.

• Thanks 1

An update on my bidding - Haven price dropped significantly for my upcoming 14 night cruise so I called my TA and booked one of the few Haven rooms left in a great location. I wanted the space of a living room (husband working onboard) so booked a 2 bedroom on deck 16 . Only 3 of these cabins were left so my chance of an upgrade was slim. It cost me a few hundred more than my current bid but now i can just focus on enjoying the trip and perks. Retirement cruise here I come 🙂

Edited by 2boyzmom
  • Like 6

This is our first time sailing Norwegian in years. We recently booked a Club Balcony "Suite", and recently got the upgrade bid offer. We would be interested in trying a Haven Balcony Suite, which I believe is the lowest Haven Suites. There are only a couple left for a sailing in January. Is there anyplace to find guidance on reasonable bids or unreasonable bids? Bids that have been excepted, etc, without scrolling through the 97 pages of this thread?

13 minutes ago, clojacks said:

This is our first time sailing Norwegian in years. We recently booked a Club Balcony "Suite", and recently got the upgrade bid offer. We would be interested in trying a Haven Balcony Suite, which I believe is the lowest Haven Suites. There are only a couple left for a sailing in January. Is there anyplace to find guidance on reasonable bids or unreasonable bids? Bids that have been excepted, etc, without scrolling through the 97 pages of this thread?

It is totally dependent on things like how many rooms are left on your sailing, prices of your sailing, etc.  So basically there is no way past bids can give you an idea of what to bid to win.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JM0115 said:

We just bid on a Haven Suite. We already purchased the premium plus beverage package. Is this a waste if we get the Haven? 

The drink packages are no different in the Haven than the rest of the ship. Ultra premium liquor prices are the same in Haven . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Today, I checked our cruise on the Escape , and is interesting how much the price has come down and yet the bids stay the same. Haven is almost sold out, 18 days out. oh well i guess we wont get it LOL...

Keep checking the prices. I called my TA  and booked Haven. I am 24 days out. Price i paid was a few hundred more than my bid.

Edited by 2boyzmom

5 hours ago, canadian1975 said:

How do you bid on more then one category as when I try it just gives me the option to change or cancel my current bid 

You bid on more THAN one category by selecting each category type you want to bid on from the list of available cabins.

Norwegian Breakaway

We bid $300 total for a Club Balcony Suite and $150 total for a Balcony stateroom.  The room we ended up with was Cabin 9712, designated as a "Large Balcony Cabin" Category B6 by the deck plan.  This differentiates from Club Balcony Suite rooms Category MB or MX.  I was charged $300 on my credit card.  From my amateur Googling, all indications are we were not given a Club Balcony Suite and, instead, simply a Balcony stateroom -  but we were charged for a Club Balcony Suite.

This is further evidenced that the "congrats" email says we got a Balcony Stateroom.   We also had no double sinks, a feature of Club Balcony Suite.  And the color scheme was green and not purple, the former of which is for Balcony and latter of which is for Club Suite.

Am I misinterpreting this?  Screenshots attached for reference.

thumbnail (1).png

Capture.PNG

Edited by Vemnox
  • Like 1

Upgrade Bid excepted!
Pearl out of Boston on 10/21/22 (bid excepted 4 days out)

We went from a forward facing suite to a 2-bedroom suite. We love the extra space of the two bedroom. large bathroom and the extra bathroom comes in handy. Minimum bid was $300/person, we bid $310 (total $620).

• Like 2