Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Just a quick FYI when your bidding. I had a few Haven bids in for our current cruise all in the "Fair" category. Yesterday I sent an email to our TA asking for a quote for a Haven Spa Balcony. He came back with a price that was less than my bid I had in..... I booked it

• Like 4

We have two upgrade bids in for the Escape TA departing on Monday.

When I view the bids one of them says "Expired" and the other says "Pending". Has anyone any idea what "Expired" means?

I haven't altered the bids at any time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iantowns said:

When I view the bids one of them says "Expired" and the other says "Pending". Has anyone any idea what "Expired" means?

Hello we are on the same TA and it departs on the 1st, Tuesday. When i view our bids they still say pending. We haven't altered our bids either. 

Well, I'm going to be one of those people that doesn't provide any useful data because I was just able to upgrade to an HI suite outright from my aft balcony for ~$700. This comes in at just $100 more than had I won my minimum bid (which I probably wouldn't) so it was an obvious choice. 14-day Canal transit on Joy Dec 4. Haven prices have plummeted the last few days so if you're on that sailing with bids in, go check prices for sure!

Edited by bundtkate
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

When you are high bidder on live bidding.

Once you live bid it tells you you are outbid or your in the lead.

This is live bidding, not move the lever left or right from poor to excellent.

Ebay style

Thanks, didn't know there was live bidding

9 hours ago, iantowns said:

Expired, you are not getting it or you must now go to live bidding if that's offered.

7 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

I just went to our roll call and some people are already getting notices that their bids have been accepted.

Received notification last night that our Club Balcony bid has been accepted for the Escape TA on Tuesday.

• Like 4

So close! This morning my bid was greyed out and still said pending. I could seen one cabin available in a mock booking. An hour later I looked to see if it was “processing.” Now I am able to modify my bid again, and Haven shows “sold out” for my cruise. Easy come, easy go?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DebA2 said:

So close! This morning my bid was greyed out and still said pending. I could seen one cabin available in a mock booking. An hour later I looked to see if it was “processing.” Now I am able to modify my bid again, and Haven shows “sold out” for my cruise. Easy come, easy go?

Maybe not.

How can you modify it?

Slide the bar left or right? Or you might be taken to live bidding.

I have an "unable to upgrade" on my request even though they allowed me to increase my bid just now. There are 87 cabins still available in the category I am requesting. NCL just gave me the email for upgrade tech issues.

Has anyone seen this problem before?  Others on my cruise have already gone from inside to balcony.

14 day Caribbean out of Tampa Nov27 on Dawn.

IF = Inside 

We bid on Balcony (Poor/Fair borderline) and Club Balcony Suite (Fair/Good borderline).  Both categories showing 15+ cabins available for each.

Interesting that Oceanview was not offered.

Will update.

On 10/25/2022 at 2:07 AM, Jpepin92 said:

I’m also in this sailing. Hoping for an upgrade to the haven. Keep us posted!

I said i would update. The update is, nothing yet....LOL. Off to Rome tomorrow and our bids are still pending. The Haven categories we bid for are already sold out in fact all the categories we bid for are sold out. We don't hold much hope. Oh well. We have a nice mid ship Balcony stateroom. We are happy. Good luck. Will try to update, i am sure we will get a response from NCL whether is a yes or no.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 2

Don’t forget to check the price of upgrading directly with NCL. Cruise November 12th in the lowest level Haven suite, have the option to bid on all other Haven Suites, minimum bid is $250 pp. I just upgraded my cabin to a larger suite in the Haven for free because prices have dropped. 

• Like 1