Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

Georges Simenon Series 

Gideon Oliver -Aaron  Elkins  series 

Louise Penny’s Gamache series.

Dorothy L. Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey series

Any books by Josephine Tey

Barbara Hambly - Benjamin January series, if you like historical mysteries!

JD Robb books and Robert B Parker

The Scarapetta series by Patricia Cornwel

MC Beaton books

Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley Series. 

Donna Leon’s Brunetti series. 

Any books by Tana French

Any books by P. D. James.  

Greg Isles, a writer from Natchez, MS.

Snowblind” by Ragnar Jonasson.  (Book 1 of 6 - DarkIceland)

Cork O’Connor by William Kent Krueger 

Brad Thor

JK Rolling (author of Harry Potter series), writing under the name Robert Galbraith -- the Cormoran Strike series.

Andrea Camilleri -- the Inspector Montalbano series.

Helen Fields -- the Perfect series.

Karin Slaughter -- the Will Trent series

Daniel Silva - Gabriel Allon series

JAMES CRUMLEY —should be read in order

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We are looking into Med Jet abd or Geo Blue(?)..as l ong as no Covid exclusions.

Love Jim's food photos..keep em coming!  

If you don’t see one it means I forgot and took a bite.    I will never post a pic with a bite taken out of it. 

4 hours ago, Harrylinden said:

So I'm curious as to what happens to those people who were put off the ship? Are they just left there to fend for themselves? Are they supposed to quarantine for 10 to 14 days before they can leave that island.I don't want to be kicked off a cruise ship and just left on the island we are docked at if we test positive for covid.I'm rethinking our cruise in December if that's the case? Covid is getting worse by the day now! Any info would be appreciated!

4 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

No, it’s all covered by Celebrity. 
https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

go down towards the bottom, COVID 19 assistance. 

Right now, that policy is only for cruises sailing on or before October 31, 2021.  It’s anybody’s guess whether or when Celebrity will extend it. 

Happy Cruiser said:

“I'll be interested to hear what you find out about iPads.  My current iPad Pro was purchased on board.  I have a ton of OBC on my next cruise and was thinking of updating it.”

Jim,

FYI My husband bought an iPad pro 64GB, on Silhouette in June 2018 for $649.

We did of course have the advantage of a favourable exchange rate, but the price on the bill was $649.

Edited by upwarduk

15 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Right now, that policy is only for cruises sailing on or before October 31, 2021.  It’s anybody’s guess whether or when Celebrity will extend it. 

FYI: The Royal Caribbean International Refund and Cancellation Policy covers all RCI cruises through December 31, 2021.  This should include Celebrity as it is part of RCI.

Hi Jim,  We are thoroughly enjoying your Live Blog.  Thanks for taking the time to do it.

We have a couple of questions:  Have you seen a "Spotlight" showing the officers currently onboard.  Also, who is the Captain's Club Host, and is there still a Suite Manager now that the Butler is called the Personal Retreat Host?

We too are Zenith members and look forward to meeting you and Iain one day.

Thanks, Mike and Mary

4 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

FYI: The Royal Caribbean International Refund and Cancellation Policy covers all RCI cruises through December 31, 2021.  This should include Celebrity as it is part of RCI.

Celebrity is part of the Royal Caribbean Group, not part of Royal Caribbean International. While Celebrity and RCI frequently have similar policies, they aren't mirror images of one another. At @Turtles06 pointed out, Celebrity's policy is valid until October 31, even if RCI's is good through December 31.

8 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

In addition to what @Fouremco just posted, the policy being discussed was not a refund and cancellation policy. It was the policy pursuant to which Celebrity disembarks guests who are ON a cruise and test positive and pays to fly them home. 

27 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

In addition to what @Fouremco just posted, the policy being discussed was not a refund and cancellation policy. It was the policy pursuant to which Celebrity disembarks guests who are ON a cruise and test positive and pays to fly them home. 

The wording of the Covid-19 Assistance plan, which is the same as Celebrity’s plan, has been incorporated into the updated cancellation policy on the RCI website. 

Celebrity’s Covid Assistance is scheduled to expire Oct. 31, and I have not seen that language extended to the cancellation terms.

The interesting thing is that the assistance plans provided by both lines say only that they will provide a refund, medical care on board, land-based quarantine if necessary, and transportation home. Neither says anything about charter jets, ambulance or otherwise, yet so far they have been using private flights to return positive guests rather than have them quarantine and fly home later via commercial flights.

It makes me curious about what to expect when these policies expire. Even if either or both lines extend their programs, will they exist in the current form or will they more closely conform to the actual language? 

Edited by Babr

35 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Hi Jim,  We are thoroughly enjoying your Live Blog.  Thanks for taking the time to do it.

We have a couple of questions:  Have you seen a "Spotlight" showing the officers currently onboard.  Also, who is the Captain's Club Host, and is there still a Suite Manager now that the Butler is called the Personal Retreat Host?

We too are Zenith members and look forward to meeting you and Iain one day.

Thanks, Mike and Mary

They no longer publish a paper copy.   It is hidden way down on Ship Information 

CC Host is Fabio from Italy.   He is sitting at the crew bar on Helipad day

After 1st 4 you have to navigate over and if you press will open a profile of each. 

245C6015-69FA-43E7-8D2E-9ED25D4B4C55.thumb.jpeg.2f40208b985b935d9c2c716943198d72.jpeg

FA9C0142-ED27-4885-A376-4072C9390D3D.thumb.jpeg.873cd8389da0a57ae98fb46b7b09d3db.jpeg

E833BD1A-893C-4C40-BAAF-6D1A043287BD.thumb.jpeg.d3d443ae316e002cf296a4ecfc9a3522.jpeg

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Classy!

Laughing.... just my opinion but nothing is more gross than someone posting a picture of a meal that has been half eaten or a burger with bite out of it.

Just a personal quirk I have.   I'm  sure others enjoy posting half eaten food.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Have enjoyed at least one from all those authors except Krueger and Jonasson, will have to put them on my list. Not a fan of MC Beaton or of her books under her other name, just couldn’t like them. the author of the Mississippi books is Iles, no “s” - don’t mean to be snarky, just didn’t want someone to get frustrated searching for it.

Of course it's Iles.  Thanks for the fix for everyone.  Too big a hurry and autocorrect on my PC.  That's my story!  😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babr said:

The wording of the Covid-19 Assistance plan, which is the same as Celebrity’s plan, has been incorporated into the updated cancellation policy on the RCI website. 

Celebrity’s Covid Assistance is scheduled to expire Oct. 31, and I have not seen that language extended to the cancellation terms.

The interesting thing is that the assistance plans provided by both lines say only that they will provide a refund, medical care on board, land-based quarantine if necessary, and transportation home. Neither says anything about charter jets, ambulance or otherwise, yet so far they have been using private flights to return positive guests rather than have them quarantine and fly home later via commercial flights.

It makes me curious about what to expect when these policies expire. Even if either or both lines extend their programs, will they exist in the current form or will they more closely conform to the actual language? 

I think it would be wise to investigate your insurance coverage and  evacuation terms to make sure there is a covid provision.     I know MediJet includes but only if medically necessary to evacuation.   I have the others covered both by Chase Sapphire, Personal Medical Insurance.

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Since you added European authors to the list of all the books above I've been reading myself, may I add:

* JK Rolling (author of Harry Potter series), writing under the name Robert Galbraith -- the Cormoran Strike series.

* Andrea Camilleri -- the Inspector Montalbano series.

* Helen Fields -- the Perfect series.

And two more American authors --

Karin Slaughter -- the Will Trent series

Daniel Silva - Gabriel Allon series

Since  everyone has been so helpful:

Ian Rankin - Edinburgh series, gritty, atmospheric, relative short reads, excellent!

Edited by cangelmd
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They no longer publish a paper copy.   It is hidden way down on Ship Information 

CC Host is Fabio from Italy.   He is sitting at the crew bar on Helipad day

After 1st 4 you have to navigate over and if you press will open a profile of each. 

Hi Jim,  Thanks so much for posting the info regarding the officers and CC Host.  We hope you and Iain enjoy the rest of your B2B and look forward to reading more of your Live Blog.  We can't wait to be back onboard.

Mike and Mary

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Celebrity is part of the Royal Caribbean Group, not part of Royal Caribbean International. While Celebrity and RCI frequently have similar policies, they aren't mirror images of one another. At @Turtles06 pointed out, Celebrity's policy is valid until October 31, even if RCI's is good through December 31.

wondering if this is because less kids sail on Celebrity?