Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, 19pamela68 said:

Hi Jim,

Do you recall how many times around the the track equal a mile?  Thank you!

The marked track in Green is 1/8 mile so a mile would be 8 laps.

I extend my walk by going up the steps and full forward then down and up and go full aft.     If I recall my modified walk is a little under 1/4 mile.

• Like 1

I have been so hesitant to even type cruisecritic within my search bar as so much has been cancelled with ensuring disappointment over the past almost two years. Still, we offered up our final payment for a March 7th sailing (one of a few “back up” voyages) and I cautiously, optimistically let my fingers glide across Boards. I found our small Roll Call and began to toy with the idea that this will truly be a go. I just finished your always entertaining and informative piece. I am truly grateful…moving into giddy. I have only sailed S Class and will be on the Millie for the first time in March. Thank you, sincerely for breathing life into and returning my sense of awe and anticipation back to where they belong. 

Dawn

Edited by Wisteria101958
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wisteria101958 said:

I have been so hesitant to even type cruisecritic within my search bar as so much has been cancelled with ensuring disappointment over the past almost two years. Still, we offered up our final payment for a March 7th sailing (one of a few “back up” voyages) and I cautiously, optimistically let my fingers glide across Boards. I found our small Roll Call and began to toy with the idea that this will truly be a go. I just finished your always entertaining and informative piece. I am truly grateful…moving into giddy. I have only sailed S Class and will be on the Millie for the first time in March. Thank you, sincerely for breathing life into and returning my sense of awe and anticipation back to where they belong. 

Dawn

Dawn -   I'm so happy that I could help getting you back at sea.    This post really was a fun one to do with all the help of other CC members.   It was our first cruise after the shut down and we were very concerned until we got aboard.  

You will love Millie -  She is in beautiful shape and the crew is wonderful.    We did a B2B last month on her and I did a blog that has lots of information and pictures and is not as voluminous as this one.   You may find it helps keep your excitement growing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Dawn -   I'm so happy that I could help getting you back at sea.    This post really was a fun one to do with all the help of other CC members.   It was our first cruise after the shut down and we were very concerned until we got aboard.  

You will love Millie -  She is in beautiful shape and the crew is wonderful.    We did a B2B last month on her and I did a blog that has lots of information and pictures and is not as voluminous as this one.   You may find it helps keep your excitement growing.

Where is your blog?

• 8 months later...
On 11/20/2021 at 5:35 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Not officially a blog but a Live Report but so many people call it a blog I just picked up the lingo. 

I posted the link in the message to Dawn above.

Thanks -  That was the Millennium Live Post from last October when we were just getting back into cruising.   I like to keep them separate for each cruise and the each have a tendency to take on a life of their own. 

I will fire up the one for this cruise tomorrow and all are invited to jump in, help out and just have some fun.   We each experience a cruise is such different ways even when on the same cruise.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I’ve been thinking it was time to check on you again!  Would you put a link here?

Finally got it fired up.   Hope to see you over there.   Anxious to hear how things are doing with you.    Hope we get to sail together some time.

• Like 1

Thank you.  Now that Celebrity will let me sail without an all in, I’m looking at more cruises with them.  I had already booked an east coast one that included Martha’s Vineyard.  I was able to remove the all in when that option became available.  

Lately, we’ll just before the shutdown I had been cruising Azamara because of the ports.  My Azamara from last year is now set to sail this December but things may have changed so it will be interesting.  Again Celebrity does not do this part of Africa. 

i expect we may see you in the Caribbean if you make it there again.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will be doing a Key West Belize 4/15/23 on Apex before the TA.   Interesting cruise with some ports we have never been to before - Specifically Belize

It took us 3 tries to get there!  Weather was mostly to blame.  One I remember an earthquake that may have messed up the seas.  It was loud when it happened and  supposedly was miles away, undersea.

Hubby still wants to do Key West so I’ll check what’s available.  Thanks.  

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will be doing a Key West Belize 4/15/23 on Apex before the TA.   Interesting cruise with some ports we have never been to before - Specifically Belize

We enjoyed Belize,  we did Celeb "old and new city excursion.."

Enjoyed the visit... interestibg place

cute little snack restaurant  was located before the boarding place..long ride back to ship..flat calm water

16 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

It took us 3 tries to get there!  Weather was mostly to blame.  One I remember an earthquake that may have messed up the seas.  It was loud when it happened and  supposedly was miles away, undersea.

Hubby still wants to do Key West so I’ll check what’s available.  Thanks.  

Key West is a lovely place.  Before we began cruising we would go there for a week.   Like most cruise stops there just isn't enough time to really experience the wonderful restaurants and night life.  Would be fund to rent a car and drive down and spend some time pre-cruise.    Never driven it but is something I've always wanted to do.

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Key West is a lovely place.  Before we began cruising we would go there for a week.   Like most cruise stops there just isn't enough time to really experience the wonderful restaurants and night life.  Would be fund to rent a car and drive down and spend some time pre-cruise.    Never driven it but is something I've always wanted to do.

i have been there and stay for a few days, fun.  Hubby has not.  For what it is worth there is a tour that leaves from at least the Miami area down and back the same day.  It’s about 6- hours I think they said, so your time there is short.  The drive down is or was pretty, lots of hurricanes since I saw it.   The bus tour was cheap but I wasn’t sure I wanted in a bus for that many hours.  

On 8/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I'm on this one with you!

Similarly, we've never made it to Belize ....even though weve been on 16 Caribbean cruises. Go figure.