Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

Jim,

Thank you so very much for your postings these last few weeks.  My DH doesn’t follow on cc, but I would show him your pics and being an artist he too enjoyed what you shared.  Hopefully after you got to the airport your travels home went smoothly.  I’m even more excited for our November 7 sailing now.  Thanks again.

Judy

Edited by stunned
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jimbri said:

Thank yo so much for sharing your adventure.  I'm going to miss your postings with my morning tea.

Yup…..me too !

not that Jim missed sharing very much info…lol…..but I hope someone on board this week , picks up the ball. We were spoiled for weeks now from the wonderful folks who took time daily to share with us.

I miss you all ! Lol

😂 

• Like 3

We finally made it home by 1:00 AM Pacific (4 am Eastern).   LONG DAY -

We had a combination of a airplane mechanical in Chicago and a swap out of equipment.    Then we we got home there was major road construction on the Highway that leads to our home and no Lyft or Uber driers were accepting rides in that direction.   Finally got an Uber at about 2x the normal price.

Good sleep has regenerated the 'ol batteries and after another cup off coffee I'll be off on my walk, albeit will be cut a little short. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We finally made it home by 1:00 AM Pacific (4 am Eastern).   LONG DAY -

We had a combination of a airplane mechanical in Chicago and a swap out of equipment.    Then we we got home there was major road construction on the Highway that leads to our home and no Lyft or Uber driers were accepting rides in that direction.   Finally got an Uber at about 2x the normal price.

Good sleep has regenerated the 'ol batteries and after another cup off coffee I'll be off on my walk, albeit will be cut a little short. 

Welcome home... safely!!!

bon voyage

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Welcome home.  Sorry to hear about the travel glitch, those sorts of things can make for a really long and tiring day.  Rest up!  And thanks again for sharing your adventure with us.  Now we have to go into cruise report withdrawal.

HC - yes we do, until you are on your next one!!!  😉

Alas, there is at least one new one going now, Mr_T in the Med..

bon voyage

On 9/26/2021 at 7:45 AM, graphicguy said:

Jim...what a wonderful trip you shared with us.  Thank you!  It sounded like it was a forever remembered experience.

Welcome home!

Thanks.    It was a very memorial cruise.

I would say each cruise was different but was really a joy to be back on a cruise.   We are home and experiencing PCD (Post Cruise Depression).   

• Like 4

On 9/26/2021 at 8:20 AM, Pennstatedj said:

Thanks for a great review. I have followed your posts the whole time and have enjoyed it. We travel next Saturday on the edge. Cannot wait. You got us really excited. 

Have a wonderful cruise.    Best advise is to buffer the negativity you hear about cruising and be prepared.    We had plenty of masks and used them even though not required.   Except for once no one even mentioned them.    A man came up to us and asked why we were wearing masks and saying the "really don't protect your.     I politely said that may be so but I'm wearing it to protect YOU. 

He looked puzzled.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have a wonderful cruise.    Best advise is to buffer the negativity you hear about cruising and be prepared.    We had plenty of masks and used them even though not required.   Except for once no one even mentioned them.    A man came up to us and asked why we were wearing masks and saying the "really don't protect your.     I politely said that may be so but I'm wearing it to protect YOU. 

He looked puzzled.

Great response! Love it!

• Like 3

On 9/26/2021 at 9:08 AM, LGW59 said:

We had that suite booked for what was to have been a January 2021 cruise.  Obviously COVID got in the way, but man oh man it looks truly amazing, the balcony...I would never leave.  The price was incredible too, one I will probably never see again.

I have to admit we spent much more time in the PH.    It is so spacious and well appointed.    Not sure if I mentioned,  The Bed is a real King -  both in width and length.    It is noticeably wider and does not have the curved corners.

• Like 4

On 9/26/2021 at 9:30 AM, MikeMary4449 said:

Hi Jim and Iain, Thanks so much for taking us along on your B2B.  It was as though we were there with you aboard the Equinox.  We have truly enjoyed all your photos and appreciate the time you spent answering questions.  We look forward to meeting you in The Retreat one day, but until then we'll see you on FB.  Safe travels!

Mike and Mary

Thanks Mike and Mary

That would be so much fun.   The fun part of cruising is meeting others we have know by their handle for years.   

On 9/26/2021 at 9:42 AM, Mike981 said:

@funatseascottI need to also thank you for your wonderful contributions to this thread. And if I am missing anyone else that was on this cruise, I apologize.
Just a great vibe from everyone, including those who were on shore, thank you.

I second that.     We each experience a cruise in a different way and Scott and Sophia added a great perspective.   We got the say goodbye to them just before their shuttle was called.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks Mike and Mary

That would be so much fun.   The fun part of cruising is meeting others we have know by their handle for years.   

My wife and I would love to cruise with you in the future. Maybe our paths will cross!!!

Glad you are home safely, finally,

mac_tlc

On 9/26/2021 at 1:10 PM, az4ship said:

Thanks so much for the wonderful postings , pictures and information.  I hope to meet you on the TA as I am booked on the same cruise.  Safe travels home

Fantastic.  

I have a feeling that is going to be a popular cruise.   The difficult part will be packing warm clothing for the Norwegian portion of our trip.    We try to keep our packing down to 2 bags.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:23 PM, stunned said:

Jim,

Thank you so very much for your postings these last few weeks.  My DH doesn’t follow on cc, but I would show him your pics and being an artist he too enjoyed what you shared.  Hopefully after you got to the airport your travels home went smoothly.  I’m even more excited for our November 7 sailing now.  Thanks again.

Judy

I'm sure your excitement will continue to grow the closer you get to November.   Will be interesting to see how the passenger loads are increased . 

On 9/27/2021 at 5:04 AM, brockmom said:

Yup…..me too !

not that Jim missed sharing very much info…lol…..but I hope someone on board this week , picks up the ball. We were spoiled for weeks now from the wonderful folks who took time daily to share with us.

I miss you all ! Lol

😂 

Same ---- I haven't looked to see yet if someone is posting .    We were told before departure that they were expecting up to 1,400 pax but didn't know the final number before cancellations.

21 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Welcome home... safely!!!

bon voyage

Thanks Bo.     It was a long day with lots of delay.    When we got home about 1:00 AM (4 AM Eastern) I crashed and didn't wake until 10:00.   Not sure if it was jetlag or getting my sea legs back but was feeling like I was swaying all day.    Iain said he felt the same so think it is just Sea Legs.

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I certainly will be and truly hope you bring Silhouette to Southampton. We are booked for the Mediterranean on her 30/07/22.

Looking forward to it.  We have sailed Silhouette more than most ships. She is so beautiful and the crew always one of the best.

Life is coming back to normal but already seeing some noticeable differences -   specifically the joy and friendship of those on a cruise ship.    On my walk yesterday I passed about 40 people and not one nodded a hello or said good morning.   I wish people we pass on a daily basis were as kind and friendly as when on a cruise.

BTW----  Booster Shot time.      I checked CVS and Walgreen yesterday and found they had appointments available both yesterday and today.    We chose today and will be walking down to get them.      The local press are advising over 65 to not delay because they expect approval for children late this week and could cause appointments to book up quickly.

• Like 6

My wife and I followed your review closely and appreciate all of your advice because we boarded on Sunday, the day you got off. Although we are not in the Penthouse, we do have a Sky Suite and the service is outstanding. Apparently, there are about 1500 people on the cruise and we have been told that by a November, they will be operating at 70% capacity. Our stops in Barbados and Grenada have been replaced with a stop in St. Maarten and a sea day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1