Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jennifer, the Shore Excursion Manager, did a great job of putting them together. 

Yes, I mentioned both her and, if they use the same outfit, Rafael in my request.  Jennifer was the shorex manager for Equinox, not land based, right?

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Claudia ----

I'm Jim and I'm a Cruise Addict.      Just finished booking a B2B California Coastal Cruise on Millennium  leaving in 10 days.   Busy getting everything in place.   

Since the cruise starts and finish in San Diego it will be much easier as we will fly down the morning of the cruise and then back at the end of the cruise. 

We are on the 10/19 cruise. It will be so convenient to just fly back and forth to San Diego. I have lived in the Bay Area all of my life, but have never been to Alcatraz so we will do that on one of the San Francisco days. We go to Napa all of the time so we will skip any wine tasting excursions.

We didn't get to meet you on the Edge on the 2019 fall Transatlantic,  maybe our paths will cross this time (I'll be the one with the black Labrador Retriever).

Hey Jim, I knew you and Iain couldn't stay ashore very long. LOL. We met you on the EQ on the last day of your first leg. We were the 2 sitting in Cafe al Bacio at debarkation. I stopped you as you walked by. It was so nice to meet you. Are you on the Millenium roll call for your cruise? We'll keep a look out for the "live from". We will soak up all the info you can give on the Millie as we will be sailing on her for Thanksgiving.

6 hours ago, canderson said:

Yes, I mentioned both her and, if they use the same outfit, Rafael in my request.  Jennifer was the shorex manager for Equinox, not land based, right?

Correct.   Jennifer is on the ship and was fantastic  in arranging them in less than 2 days.   Give her more time if possible.   We had lots of OBC we needed to burn off.

6 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

We are on the 10/19 cruise. It will be so convenient to just fly back and forth to San Diego. I have lived in the Bay Area all of my life, but have never been to Alcatraz so we will do that on one of the San Francisco days. We go to Napa all of the time so we will skip any wine tasting excursions.

We didn't get to meet you on the Edge on the 2019 fall Transatlantic,  maybe our paths will cross this time (I'll be the one with the black Labrador Retriever).

Look forward to meeting you. 

It will be funny having 4 days in San Francisco.   Not sure what we will do but  may just  meet friends for lunch or dinner.  Iain use to have a place at the top of Lombard Street to use during the week.   I use to come up for a day or  two and just walk around the city.   Great walking town.

A couple other things that could be fun is a visit to Fort Point under the GG bridge,  a walk over the GG or even a ferry to Sausalito.   

You should be easy to spot with a Lab ---   We use to have a Golden and love Retrievers of all types

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Hey Jim, I knew you and Iain couldn't stay ashore very long. LOL. We met you on the EQ on the last day of your first leg. We were the 2 sitting in Cafe al Bacio at debarkation. I stopped you as you walked by. It was so nice to meet you. Are you on the Millenium roll call for your cruise? We'll keep a look out for the "live from". We will soak up all the info you can give on the Millie as we will be sailing on her for Thanksgiving.

I remember you well.   It was really nice meeting you.      I haven't joined the Roll Call yet as it is happening so quickly.    Just got our confirmations from agent this morning.   

Millennium is our favorite ship.    She was the first ship I ever sailed in 2000 and I have a soft spot in my heart for her.

I was thinking of doing a comparison of Millennium  and Equinox.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Look forward to meeting you. 

It will be funny having 4 days in San Francisco.   Not sure what we will do but  may just  meet friends for lunch or dinner.  Iain use to have a place at the top of Lombard Street to use during the week.   I use to come up for a day or  two and just walk around the city.   Great walking town.

A couple other things that could be fun is a visit to Fort Point under the GG bridge,  a walk over the GG or even a ferry to Sausalito.   

You should be easy to spot with a Lab ---   We use to have a Golden and love Retrievers of all types

We plan on doing the same - meeting friends or family for lunch or dinner. I worked in the Financial District at Embarcadero Two for many years so we might check out a couple of my favorite lunch places - maybe Pier 23 or dim sum at Yank Sing. A ferry to Sausalito or Tiburon is a great idea with lunch on the deck at Sam's if it's a nice day.

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

Jim,

There’s still 3 Royal Suites available on our 11 night on the Connie in November.  Join us?  Trish and Karen and George

What an offer.    One never knows when I get the itch I start booking.   Iain is my alter ego and keeps me in check.

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

Wow.  Just now seeing your bookings on the Millie.  We’re booked for a 10 night next May SDO to Vancouver.  So exciting that you have another 16 nights booked.  Clearly you are making up for lost time.  Good for you!

It wasn't planned.   LOL

I just saw it and said to Iain -   I know this is a weird cruise but would you like to go.    His response was only if we can do a B2B.    What could I say.    He's the money man.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

We plan on doing the same - meeting friends or family for lunch or dinner. I worked in the Financial District at Embarcadero Two for many years so we might check out a couple of my favorite lunch places - maybe Pier 23 or dim sum at Yank Sing. A ferry to Sausalito or Tiburon is a great idea with lunch on the deck at Sam's if it's a nice day.

Another great day trip is to take the ferry from Sausalito or Tiburon  to Angel Island.    Haven't been there in years.

Iain also worked down in that neck of the woods at the Federal Reserve.   We will probably go further astray as some of our friends live in the Avenues and others in the Mission.  

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Eh?  B2B only??  A Scotsman flying the colors of the economic opposition??? 😝

LOL --  I'm a Scot also and can have a very penurious side. 

You do know how copper wire was invented don't you?

2 Scotsmen fighting over a penny

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I remember you well.   It was really nice meeting you.      I haven't joined the Roll Call yet as it is happening so quickly.    Just got our confirmations from agent this morning.   

Millennium is our favorite ship.    She was the first ship I ever sailed in 2000 and I have a soft spot in my heart for her.

I was thinking of doing a comparison of Millennium  and Equinox.

Now I am really jelly, but I have to confess, I truly miss you daily review and all your comments, makes me feel like I’m on the ship. I leave for Ft Lauderdale on Oct 26 staying with friends for a few days then we all leave on the Equinox on the 29th for 9 nights ABC, which is just what you completed. Did you hear anything about when and if the are getting rid of the glass blowing show. First time it was interesting, 2nd time like watching grass grow, would rather have the Lawn Club Grill. I will be cho ping at the bit to follow this next BTB.

Norma

5 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

Now I am really jelly, but I have to confess, I truly miss you daily review and all your comments, makes me feel like I’m on the ship. I leave for Ft Lauderdale on Oct 26 staying with friends for a few days then we all leave on the Equinox on the 29th for 9 nights ABC, which is just what you completed. Did you hear anything about when and if the are getting rid of the glass blowing show. First time it was interesting, 2nd time like watching grass grow, would rather have the Lawn Club Grill. I will be cho ping at the bit to follow this next BTB.

Norma

Norma -

I'm so excited for you.   We really enjoyed the ABC cruise as we had never been to B and C.   We really loved them as they are so different than other islands.   

No talk of removing the Glass Blowing show.    Maybe it was planned before the revolution was cut short due to an accident at the shipyard.   Also the forward deck that is used by Retreat on other ships is still open to all.  

I would really recommend the Curacao Cruisers Golf Cart rental.    We had a blast and it is really reasonable at $95 for a cart for 2.    Only warning is to book early as they book up quickly.    Really nice folks that own and run the business.     All of the ships tours took the same route and the buses were packed and only had occasional stops.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Claudia ----

I'm Jim and I'm a Cruise Addict.      Just finished booking a B2B California Coastal Cruise on Millennium  leaving in 10 days.   Busy getting everything in place.   

Since the cruise starts and finish in San Diego it will be much easier as we will fly down the morning of the cruise and then back at the end of the cruise. 

Excellent. Enjoy. Are you planning on doing a live thread on this cruise too. It’d be great if you could. I am sure there will be many of us who would surely follow along. And once again thanks a lot for that beautiful sunset pic.

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Claudia ----

YAY!!!!!  Something to read.

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Norma -

I'm so excited for you.   We really enjoyed the ABC cruise as we had never been to B and C.   We really loved them as they are so different than other islands.   

No talk of removing the Glass Blowing show.    Maybe it was planned before the revolution was cut short due to an accident at the shipyard.   Also the forward deck that is used by Retreat on other ships is still open to all.  

I would really recommend the Curacao Cruisers Golf Cart rental.    We had a blast and it is really reasonable at $95 for a cart for 2.    Only warning is to book early as they book up quickly.    Really nice folks that own and run the business.     All of the ships tours took the same route and the buses were packed and only had occasional stops.

Jim- I think you mean Bonaire Cruisers. Thanks to your original post about your day in Bonaire we have already emailed that to reserve a golf cart for our ABC cruise in January. 

Edited by RICCruisers

4 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Jim- I think you mean Bonaire Cruisers. Thanks to your original post about your day in Bonaire we have already emailed that to reserve a golf cart for our ABC cruise in January. 

Your correct, sorry all.. it is Bonaire Cruiser.     After awhile the ABC's they were all running into one.  The Sailing was actually a ACB.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I sure wish someone on the current cruises were posting live.    Would love to hear what's happening on the current cruises

Me too.  Maybe they would tell us how many we'll have next week.  I'll try to emulate your fantastic blogging on my posts.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I sure wish someone on the current cruises were posting live.    Would love to hear what's happening on the current cruises

Mr_T is posting regularly on the current B2B he and his wife are sailing.