Live(ish) report - Celebrity Apex - Greece - 9/4/21

Miaminice

4 hours ago, YoPhilly said:

Miaminice,

In your photos of the ship's buffets, it looks like passengers serve themselves.  I thought the new protocol was to have servers place the food onto passengers' plates?

They do! Absolutely no self service.

• Like 1

Thank you for a great  trip report   being on a ship again  in this  time of COVID. I  loved your posts and photos of  your  stay in Greece.  I felt more relaxed just reading your posts each day.  

I  left Celebrity for Viking cruises in 2018. I  now think I might return if the itinerary  meets my needs, even sailing on the new  bigger ships. 

Thank you again  for taking time from your vacation to do this live report of your wonderful cruise  and land vacation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Thank you for a great  trip report   being on a ship again  in this  time of COVID. I  loved your posts and photos of  your  stay in Greece.  I felt more relaxed just reading your posts each day.  

I  left Celebrity for Viking cruises in 2018. I  now think I might return if the itinerary  meets my needs, even sailing on the new  bigger ships. 

Thank you again  for taking time from your vacation to do this live report of your wonderful cruise  and land vacation. 

Totally agree, really the best live cruise vlog, interspersing the on board experience together with the amazing land adventures in Greece, just so lovely.  Thanks miaminice!!

• Like 4

Hi Miaminice,

Can I ask how you uploaded you’re photos? The app I used last time does not seem to work anymore...  I think I remember before that they didn’t come out great doing it straight from the iPhone 🤔 

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

Hi Miaminice,

Can I ask how you uploaded you’re photos? The app I used last time does not seem to work anymore...  I think I remember before that they didn’t come out great doing it straight from the iPhone 🤔 

Hello @MR_T...

I''m not Miaminice, but I can help.  I use an iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro.  Since I just updated to iOS 15, I checked to see whether copying a photo and pasting it into the body of a message still works and confirmed that it does.  If you use Apple devices there's no need to go through the upload process as a simple copy and paste works just fine.

• Thanks 2

See everyone onboard.  We are arriving on BA.  Had to: 1) submit Greece PLF, 2) submit UK PLFs (one each for my wife and me), 3) submit VeriFLY for the SFO-LHR segment, and 4) upload COVID test docs to BA website for LHR-ATH segment.

All this and I'm still not packed yet.

56 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

See everyone onboard.  We are arriving on BA.  Had to: 1) submit Greece PLF, 2) submit UK PLFs (one each for my wife and me), 3) submit VeriFLY for the SFO-LHR segment, and 4) upload COVID test docs to BA website for LHR-ATH segment.

All this and I'm still not packed yet.

sorry not sure why my post ended up here...I meant to post in the other thread (and I can't delete my post now).

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

Hello @MR_T...

I''m not Miaminice, but I can help.  I use an iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro.  Since I just updated to iOS 15, I checked to see whether copying a photo and pasting it into the body of a message still works and confirmed that it does.  If you use Apple devices there's no need to go through the upload process as a simple copy and paste works just fine.

Thanks, ive got an older iPhone and seem to remember it wasn’t great... hopefully somewhere along the line the whole system improved so fingers crossed 🤞🏻 I’ll try it out on a few home departure pics and see how they come out 👍🏼😎 

4 hours ago, MR_T said:

Hi Miaminice,

The procedure @-Lew- described is one way but I found it has its limitations. When I tried it with iphone or ipad, copy/paste worked with a few but not all photos. I did not really find a pattern when it worked or not - larger files, portrait vs. landscape... really don´t know. But that might have changed with IOS 15.

Anyway, I used the regular upload function and inserted the pics. Given the screen size of an iphone it was a pain. A bit better on the ipad but not much better. 

However, I also had the problem that I wasn´t able to open Cruise Critic with the included wifi on board - regardless if using Safari or Chrome. When I connected via my cellular plan - which isn´t a problem for me within Europe - it worked fine.

PS: I rememember some years ago there was an app that worked with different forums (can´t think of the name of it), but you are right, it no longer works.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

PS: I rememember some years ago there was an app that worked with different forums (can´t think of the name of it), but you are right, it no longer works.

Thanks, I’ll give it a go & see what happens! 

I used to use tapatalk... it worked well but I think the connection between them & c/c stopped unfortunately. 

26 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Thanks, I’ll give it a go & see what happens! 

I used to use tapatalk... it worked well but I think the connection between them & c/c stopped unfortunately. 

yes, tapatalk… that was the name of it! 👍

22 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Thanks so much for posting your trip report and lovely photos !  

Not travelling until next Sept but always enjoy the planning process.  Can you tell me the name of the Fira restaurant you visited.  Looks like a lovely spot to enjoy our last hours in Santorini. Thx ! 

Thank you!

The place we went to this time was Iriana. We also liked the V Lounge on a previous visit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this review.  I'm going to be in Zante next May (hopefully, anyway) on an Oceania cruise.  I haven't found out a whole lot about it, so it was great to see your photos and narration.  It looks rather small and kind of unknown, but that kind of place has never kept me from having fun and finding things to do!  But it helps to have a little head start.....

Your photos are beautiful, especially of gorgeous Fira and Oia.  And I have to admit that the Apex looks absolutely beautiful.

17 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Your photos are beautiful, especially of gorgeous Fira and Oia.  And I have to admit that the Apex looks absolutely beautiful.

Thank you!

Both, Edge and Apex, are fabulous ships! 
Our favorite ships… if it wasn’t for the price 😁

Sailing on them currently is a dream. A ship built for 2,900 passengers shared by just around 1,000 or less… awesome!

Can’t wait to sail on her again in June.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another PS to this report….

While touring Delos on our first day of the cruise we saw these Kittycats

7626E9E6-691E-46EB-B7B1-32529259429B.thumb.jpeg.5341900d6ca675349340c9da187d0312.jpeg

947CAC99-3E64-42EF-BB38-A0F541A28CA3.thumb.jpeg.efef4379a695eb4e11a77e28bee7004d.jpeg

Last weekend, while spending our anniversary in Venice, we visited the lost brother in the Arsenale district of Venice.

2E6A8934-A959-4F72-8FAE-44D02F539EFB.thumb.jpeg.574336e9aacd3cb6a38ac64c90941474.jpeg

• Like 2