Entertainment on Ovation of the Seas

Heading out in two weeks for Alaskan cruise.  Lots of days at sea!  Usually see a show each night we can, but we don't see any listed in the schedule on the app or online. Does anyone know if they are doing the big shows in the theater or wherever?  Movie line up on the pool deck just does not compare!

2 hours ago, MicheleBurdick said:

Heading out in two weeks for Alaskan cruise.  Lots of days at sea!  Usually see a show each night we can, but we don't see any listed in the schedule on the app or online. Does anyone know if they are doing the big shows in the theater or wherever?  Movie line up on the pool deck just does not compare!

You don't see it in the app because you can't book until on board.  And not all shows need reservations.

• Like 1

Got off the Ovation last week.  The entertainment was  good.  The Dream, in Royal theater and Pixels in 270.  The Lovely Legs show was not available yet I don't know why I  did see it in 2019.  The Las Vegas Tenors are wonderful  and I  did see Goddess she could belt out quite a few songs.. One of the comedians was good I  believe his name was Derrick Cameron .  Now the female comedian was awful  if she is still on there don't  bother, she was really bad.

• Like 1

Does anyone have scans of the physical Compass from their Ovation-Alaska trips? We're trying to map out our dining vs. entertainment and would love to know which days had which shows at certain times. I know itineraries can change, but as long as the ship sails, the schedule is likely to be identical.

Somebody put up an extended video of Pixels from Ovation. It was sort of sad to hear the smattering of applause after every number, indicating the low passenger count, but I guess I can be happy about no worries about finding a seat or people saving seats. And watching videos of packed theaters on Majestic Princess and Carnival ships actually makes me feel good about the enforced distancing on Royal and the low capacity, as well as the freedom to not wear a mask in the vaccinated-only areas. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 11:24 PM, grimaldi said:

Does anyone have scans of the physical Compass from their Ovation-Alaska trips? We're trying to map out our dining vs. entertainment and would love to know which days had which shows at certain times. I know itineraries can change, but as long as the ship sails, the schedule is likely to be identical.

we have the compasses but scanning is not possible as there are many variables, the most being it depends on if you are vaccinated or not as many venues are closed if you are not vaccinated. Also, the dining is also restricted based on the same issue. Be sure you are in a  main dining for your status. We are vaccinated so we , after much shuffling of dining time, and location, were assigned to the Icon early dining at the same table every night for the 7 day cruise.. The shows require reservations for the most part, which is no issue to do with your cell phone, on the ship, with vaccinated going to one deck, with masks optional, and un-vaccinated going to another deck with masks required. The windjammer is closed for dinners  so it is main dining, specialty, 270. or room service.. The cruise compass shows with abbreviations which venue is vaccinated or everyone can go, or if reservations are required.

• Like 1

They have not yet installed the 2nd show.  They are working on it.  The female comedian is no longer onboard.  There is another male.  We were able to get everything on the app before we boarded the ship that morning so we could sort it all out prior to boarding.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 4:38 AM, Biker19 said:

The app for the current sailing should show that.

2 hours ago, EdandMary said:

we have the compasses but scanning is not possible as there are many variables, the most being it depends on if you are vaccinated or not as many venues are closed if you are not vaccinated. Also, the dining is also restricted based on the same issue. Be sure you are in a  main dining for your status. We are vaccinated so we , after much shuffling of dining time, and location, were assigned to the Icon early dining at the same table every night for the 7 day cruise.. The shows require reservations for the most part, which is no issue to do with your cell phone, on the ship, with vaccinated going to one deck, with masks optional, and un-vaccinated going to another deck with masks required. The windjammer is closed for dinners  so it is main dining, specialty, 270. or room service.. The cruise compass shows with abbreviations which venue is vaccinated or everyone can go, or if reservations are required.

39 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

They have not yet installed the 2nd show.  They are working on it.  The female comedian is no longer onboard.  There is another male.  We were able to get everything on the app before we boarded the ship that morning so we could sort it all out prior to boarding.

Thank you so much for that info. It really helps. I'm assuming then that we can book all our dining/entertainment on the app while waiting to board and won't have to bumrush and burden a host stand somewhere and speak with someone. That's good to know.

• Like 1