NFL on NCL

jskinsd

Time to break out the jerseys.  There is nothing better than watching football on a cruise ship.  No home advantage.  So now just wondering.  Is NCL showing the NFL this season?  Back in 2019 on the Jewel, NCL didn't broadcast any NFL games on the ship.  No contract.    NCL felt that the cruisers demographics on that ship wouldn't justify the costs.   Cost cutting by DEL RIO.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

Time to break out the jerseys.  There is nothing better than watching football on a cruise ship.  No home advantage.  So now just wondering.  Is NCL showing the NFL this season?  Back in 2019 on the Jewel, NCL didn't broadcast any NFL games on the ship.  No contract.    NCL felt that the cruisers demographics on that ship wouldn't justify the costs.   Cost cutting by DEL RIO.    

What, you don't want to watch soccer? LOL. My husband lost his mind on a cruise to Alaska we did in 2015. Boarding day in Seattle, Seattle and the Rams were playing, but the only NFL games they had in the bars on the ship were east coast teams and we had to ask them to change from soccer to even get that. 

john muller photobomb.jpg

Just now, jskinsd said:

Most ships in NCL had the contract that year but not the Jewel.   Just waiting on feedback.  I think there are about 10 ships currently cruising.  Wondering about the Encore in Alaska.

I'm interested to know too. I'll be on in three weeks.

8 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

Most ships in NCL had the contract that year but not the Jewel.   Just waiting on feedback.  I think there are about 10 ships currently cruising.  Wondering about the Encore in Alaska.

At the moment there are only Norwegian ships sailing: (1) Encore, (2) Epic, (3) Gem and (4) Jade.  The Getaway and Breakaway are to begin sailing later this month.

13 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

I'm sure they will pick a few games that will be on. 

It is all about money.  Why pay a service for half capacity or for a half a season for a cruise ship.  It is not like direct tv and pay per view.  Hope I am wrong.  A lot of football fans out there.

56 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

At the moment there are only Norwegian ships sailing: (1) Encore, (2) Epic, (3) Gem and (4) Jade.  The Getaway and Breakaway are to begin sailing later this month.

Or will be cruising during football season.

2 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

It is all about money.  Why pay a service for half capacity or for a half a season for a cruise ship.  It is not like direct tv and pay per view.  Hope I am wrong.  A lot of football fans out there.

When we sailed on the Getaway,  they had the saints game on at a few places, and the big screen.

40 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I have been on a couple of cruises during the Super Bowl and they always made a big production of it (balloons, decorations, popcorn...) and had it playing on screens all over the ship.

Which makes my experience with the World Series that much more confusing!  I wouldn't expect balloons for every game, or a huge production, but at least SHOW IT...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The satellite service that NCL uses is European based if I'm not mistaken.  That means plenty of futbol, but not much football.

You will generally get the night games and one game in each time slot on Sunday, but don't have a choice of multiple channels.  So if your team isn't the primary national game, you're out of luck.

If we were not in the haven zero chance to get a seat for the game but it's on the stateroom TV. 

We came in around end of the 3rd quarter of the first game and zero space anywhere including the skyline bar which was showing it. 

Great thing was the Haven bar had it on and really no one there. 

If you plan on getting a spot to sit get there early is my suggestion. 

Oh and it was Alaska so top deck didn't have it on that I saw. 

Edited by J0Y0US
  • Like 1