Carnival Corp Pre-BoardTesting

BlerkOne

14 minutes ago, Jacble1214 said:

I would send this picture to Optum customer service.

I just did, but I should have to start with.  I actually received this last week. I've called four times and was promised new ones wold be shipped within 48 hours. So 48 hours later,I call again. One of the customer service reps said as long as the seal isn't broken they are fine.  And finally today, I was told I had to send the email and picture or nothing could be done and he was surprised no had told me that. Obviously the others just wanted to tell me what I wanted to hear to get me off the phone.

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

What does this have to do with Carnival Cruise Line? 

6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png
INFORMATION ON TESTING RESOURCES

September 15, 2021

Dear Carnival Guest: 

As we previously communicated, effective with sailings departing as of September 13, the CDC requires vaccinated guests to present a PCR or Antigen COVID-19 test taken within two days prior to their sailing date.  The requirement for unvaccinated guests remains unchanged – the pre-travel PCR test must be taken between 72 and 24 hours before the sailing date.  

In order to provide more testing options for our guests, we’d like to make you aware of the following:

• The CDC has approved vaccinated guests to present self-administered telehealth COVID-19 test results at the terminal to satisfy the pre-cruise testing requirement. The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA and the self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative. The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information. Fully vaccinated guests may consider using an Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test which includes a viral antigen home test and the services of an eMed telemedicine professional who will supervise the administration of the home test and provide your results in 15 minutes. Test kits ship to all 50 states and arrive at your door in three business days or less. Order Now.
  • Guests may also contact their nearest health center, pharmacy, state health department, or transiting airport to learn more about their availability for COVID-19 testing.

While we had previously raised the possibility of more on-site testing at our terminals, the logistics of making this service widely available to a large number of guests does not make this a viable option.  

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you on board.

I have read most of the COVID test related questions and I haven't seen this addressed I don't think, or I wouldn't have started a new thread.

I have 5 of the correct proctored home tests for 3 people that we will take the Thursday before our Saturday cruise, so that's my plan A.  I was going to schedule back up tests at either CVS or Walgreens, probably for Thursday or Friday evening.  CVS lets you schedule 2 weeks in advance so today was the first day I could sign up for the Thursday test.  I've done mock sign ups but when I tried today, our local CVS no longer has rapid tests.  We would have to drive 45 minutes away but I'm sort of thinking if we ran out, the other town will also probably run out in the next 2 weeks.  

So I moved on to Walgreens.  Looks like they are still offered but  I can only sign up 2 days in advance which is Saturday and Sunday.  So my question is, is it typical for Walgreens to only allow you to sign up 2 days in advance?  Or maybe its just my area?  Also, maybe its just coincident that I checked on a Friday so only Saturday and Sunday are available, but now I'm wondering if they are only available on Saturdays and Sundays.  If that's the case, that's not going to work anyway.   

I really think my proctored tests will go fine, but I still want a backup. 

16 hours ago, scliq said:

Sorry I spilt my drink all over myself when I read this... I work for a Humane Society and before approving adoption I call the applicants vet if they had a dog or cat before. I know the applicants name, address, phone number, dogs name, age, sex etc... You would not believe how many vets play the HIPAA card and refuse to tell me if the pet received their required by state law Rabies Vaccine! 

Sorry OT but yes, too many take HIPAA too far!

Pets are people too!!   I would be livid if my vet disclosed my fur-daughter's health information!   

Its the new HIPPAA (Health Insurance Pet Portability and Accountability Act) that the vets are referring to.  They sound the same when said allowed so I understand why you might have been confused by it.  😂

• Haha 1

Yes, I've encountered the same with Walgreens... I was able to get my appt scheduled today at CVS... I had a calendar reminder set up for Walgreens weeks ago not realizing that they have moved to 2 days vs 2 weeks... I also ordered at home tests because I've been hearing murmuring of drugstores running out of tests... I just want to make sure I can get on a ship lol

Same situation here.  We booked our CVS rapid antigen test 13 days in advance as Plan A and are using the proctored Binax AG as the Plan B backup.  We also had to book at a CVS 45 minutes away, but that wasn't an issue for us.

Edited by TomCruise48

18 hours ago, rlindholm said:

Pets are people too!!   I would be livid if my vet disclosed my fur-daughter's health information!   

Its the new HIPPAA (Health Insurance Pet Portability and Accountability Act) that the vets are referring to.  They sound the same when said allowed so I understand why you might have been confused by it.  😂

I did not know that and will check into it in my state since it is state decided. However I am not sure that applies to Rabies Vaccine because if the dog bit someone and having proof of a Rabies Vaccine is vital there is only one way to test the animal for it and removing the head ends it's life. They can observe a dog for 10 days instead however when that is not possible or involves high risk or county employee that does not happen.

RE:  advance schedule times for testing.  CCL has advised that Quest Diagnostics, which are nationwide, are doing the required testing for travel.  I went to the Quest site and completed the questionnaire & the nearest location shown was 90 mins away.  I thought, "I can do that", so moved on to actual scheduling and an entire page of locations/times came up, including one 5 minutes from my home.  They allowed me to schedule an appointment in December!  We sail 12/13/21.  I am planning to get the free proctored home test kit available at my local health department as back up, but Quest is not likely to cancel our appointments as they are always a fully staffed lab.  Loved that appt is already done and I do not have to look at last minute for availability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OhioJourneys said:

RE:  advance schedule times for testing.  CCL has advised that Quest Diagnostics, which are nationwide, are doing the required testing for travel.  I went to the Quest site and completed the questionnaire & the nearest location shown was 90 mins away.  I thought, "I can do that", so moved on to actual scheduling and an entire page of locations/times came up, including one 5 minutes from my home.  They allowed me to schedule an appointment in December!  We sail 12/13/21.  I am planning to get the free proctored home test kit available at my local health department as back up, but Quest is not likely to cancel our appointments as they are always a fully staffed lab.  Loved that appt is already done and I do not have to look at last minute for availability.

Keep in mind there is no guarantee your results from a PCR test will come back in time for your cruise.  Carnival just announced a Quest service that was already available to the public and made it sound like they were doing cruisers a favor with this "agreement" but it's not like that agreement gets you preferential treatment or faster or guaranteed turnaround.

If you show up to board and tell Carnival your Quest results haven't come back yet you'll be SOL just like your results hadn't come back from any other provider.

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Keep in mind there is no guarantee your results from a PCR test will come back in time for your cruise.  Carnival just announced a Quest service that was already available to the public and made it sound like they were doing cruisers a favor with this "agreement" but it's not like that agreement gets you preferential treatment or faster or guaranteed turnaround.

If you show up to board and tell Carnival your Quest results haven't come back yet you'll be SOL just like your results hadn't come back from any other provider.

Carnival Corp announced it.

Given the confusion and questions posted by many, Carnival Corp is indeed providing a service and a choice.From their website:

"In order to provide more testing options for our guests, Carnival is sharing these resources:"

They also point out

"Guests may also contact their nearest health center, pharmacy, state health department, or transiting airport to learn more about their availability for COVID-19 testing. "

Until someone shows up at the port without results, I don't think we know how Carnival will handle it.

Until someone posts what happens if Quest results aren't back, we don't really know that someone would be SOL.

On 9/17/2021 at 3:30 PM, snowballs mom said:

Our Walgreens in Colorado is the same. They only schedule out a couple of days and the appointments for rapid tests fill up fast.

No CVS testing where I live.

There is a walk in clinic near me called American Family Care.  They have over 250 locations spread across 26 states.  They have a unique way in which they provide both Rapid Antigen as well as PCR testing at one time.  The Rapid of course comes back with quick results and in case of a false positive, they have the PCR as a backup.  I have to assume that their lab would take longer than the 50 hours between testing and embarkation to get the PCR results back, but who knows.  I called and found out that they are only closed on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter and that they have not run out of Rapid tests unlike many CVS and Walgreens locations.  Here is a link to their website so you can do a search to see if there may be a location near you.  https://www.afcurgentcare.com/

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Until someone shows up at the port without results, I don't think we know how Carnival will handle it.

Until someone posts what happens if Quest results aren't back, we don't really know that someone would be SOL.

Carnival's ticket contract is very clear: "...any noncompliance by Guest or members of Guest’s travelling party with Carnival’s COVID-19 Guest Protocols or this Ticket Contract shall be grounds for refusal to board...".

But by all means, please try boarding without test results and let us know how that works out for you.

• Like 1

The Quest website now says results typically 1 to 3 days, so this former "partnership" (now referred to as an "agreement") is useless to us.  How about this:  If Quest fails to get your results to you by sailaway day, and you have proof you took the test two days prior, Carnival tests you at the port?  It just feels that Carnival is throwing us to the wolves on this one.

42 minutes ago, overeasy said:

The Quest website now says results typically 1 to 3 days, so this former "partnership" (now referred to as an "agreement") is useless to us.  How about this:  If Quest fails to get your results to you by sailaway day, and you have proof you took the test two days prior, Carnival tests you at the port?  It just feels that Carnival is throwing us to the wolves on this one.

The partnership is with Carnival Corp and they list a viable alternative - a self-test.

A few Quest locations do have quick tests.

If Carnival promised to test at the port, likely too many would push the limit and abuse the system. They always do. I bet some would gripe if Carnival provided AND took the test for them. What is Royal providing?