Carnival Corp Pre-BoardTesting

BlerkOne

I am correct in interpreting this as Quest is ONE OPTION of how to get tested?  Meaning, we could go to CVS or that type of thing and as long as they do the antigen or molecular and can get results in time we can use them?

57 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The partnership is with Carnival Corp and they list a viable alternative - a self-test.

A few Quest locations do have quick tests.

If Carnival promised to test at the port, likely too many would push the limit and abuse the system. They always do. I bet some would gripe if Carnival provided AND took the test for them. What is Royal providing?

Got the email from Carnival. The will NOT have testing at the port the day before or the day of sailing.

My cruise is Monday, October 3.  I believe that means I can test on “Saturday or Sunday”. But, does the Saturday testing window start at embarkation time on Monday (4pm) or does it start at 12:01 Saturday night/morning?  That is “Saturday” but would the test qualify?  I’m traveling and have a small testing window so want to be sure very early Saturday morning qualifies… has anyone clarified this?  I cannot find it on the Carnival site.

thanks! 

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

My cruise is Monday, October 3.  I believe that means I can test on “Saturday or Sunday”. But, does the Saturday testing window start at embarkation time on Monday (4pm) or does it start at 12:01 Saturday night/morning?  That is “Saturday” but would the test qualify?  I’m traveling and have a small testing window so want to be sure very early Saturday morning qualifies… has anyone clarified this?  I cannot find it on the Carnival site.

thanks! 

If your cruise leaves on Monday, you have from Saturday at 12:01 a.m. until what ever time your cruise leaves on Monday. 

3 hours ago, ckube said:

I am correct in interpreting this as Quest is ONE OPTION of how to get tested?  Meaning, we could go to CVS or that type of thing and as long as they do the antigen or molecular and can get results in time we can use them?

Yes.

They just glanced at the at test results on my 8/21 horizon cruise. One could easily forge the document with pdf editor and they wouldn’t be none the wiser. Also security screening of bags was extremely lax, they were just pushing ppl they the process as quickly as possible with zero attention to details. Additionally they didn’t even take my rum from the rum factor my tour in amber cover. I took it straight to my room lol

matter of fact on my November I’m gonna bring extra wine.

Edited by Shakatime

The people at the documents desk in the terminal gave our test results a good lookover and looked shocked when they only saw one boarding pass.  I flipped the paper over to show the other boarding pass on the other side.  Maybe I look more suspect than other people😉

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

No testing for the vaxed. The unvaxed and people on b2b are still tested. 

that is not accurate - there is testing for all (vaxed or unvaxed) - they will just not be providing it at portside.

33 minutes ago, ckube said:

that is not accurate - there is testing for all (vaxed or unvaxed) - they will just not be providing it at portside.

Carnival will not be providing testing for vaccinated people a the ship, unless b2b.

The unvaxed are still tested at embarkation and before debarkation at the ship. Vaxed or unvaxed doing b2b are still tested at the ship.

"Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. "

"All guests traveling on back to back cruises, regardless of vaccination status, will need to be tested in between voyages. "

3 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

Just boarded the Pride. Can confirm all they care about is the Date of your test that’s all they are looking for. 

have a great time!

Really great to know! Thank you 

30 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

So I guess I'm limited to spending $150 for the home test! I just checked Quest and they don't have any sites that include rapid testing within any proximity of where I'll be 2 days or less before we cruise... oh well!

You can buy 2 tests for about $70.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/?utm_source=carnival&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=&utm_content=2-pack&utm_campaign=travel_ready_covid_test&utm_nooverride=1

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival will not be providing testing for vaccinated people a the ship, unless b2b.

The unvaxed are still tested at embarkation and before debarkation at the ship. Vaxed or unvaxed doing b2b are still tested at the ship.

"Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. "

"All guests traveling on back to back cruises, regardless of vaccination status, will need to be tested in between voyages. "

I thought you were saying that the vaccinated folks were not going to need to get tested at all, sorry if I misinterpreted that.

13 hours ago, Shakatime said:

They just glanced at the at test results on my 8/21 horizon cruise. One could easily forge the document with pdf editor and they wouldn’t be none the wiser. Also security screening of bags was extremely lax, they were just pushing ppl they the process as quickly as possible with zero attention to details. Additionally they didn’t even take my rum from the rum factor my tour in amber cover. I took it straight to my room lol

matter of fact on my November I’m gonna bring extra wine.

Actually the girl asked to see the live link on mine. I tried and said internet not connected. I said ok you figure out how to see the link live. She said she was apple I was android. So she said well then other girl looked at the copy of my test.

Its stuff like this giving people stress, the inconsistencies.