New cruise director on EDGE

Raintree

She is outstanding. One of the most engaged CDs we've ever seen. Hopefully, she is back at sea at some point -- but it seems like she was training her team for people to step up to be CDs in the near future, with a couple of people who seemed ready in the near term.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, timf264 said:

I was on the Edge this past week. Lauren was the CD.

Yes, and at the last show of the cruise Ms. Lauren stated her love of always wanting to be a CD when she took her first cruise at the age of 10 with her nan. She did not introduce a new CD. Ms. Lauren was at the gangway saying her goodbyes to each of us. Who was missing was Capt. Kate, but we were first off and might have missed the Capt.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

6 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Is the CD responsible for entertainment?  Solo events were lacking on my recent sailing on the Edge.  I can only recall one.  Since It's a non hosted event, why not list it in the cruise planner everyday?  

We just got off of the Edge 9/11. We thought just the opposite. Solo entertainment in the Showroom was great. The 3 Production shows were weak. Singers were just OK. Dancers were good. Edge Band was outstanding! We did not like the solo act (man wearing a hat) in the Edge. The two couples who sang were fair. Everyone has an opinion. LOL

8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

We just got off of the Edge 9/11. We thought just the opposite. Solo entertainment in the Showroom was great. The 3 Production shows were weak. Singers were just OK. Dancers were good. Edge Band was outstanding! We did not like the solo act (man wearing a hat) in the Edge. The two couples who sang were fair. Everyone has an opinion. LOL

My original post was confusing, which I updated to clarify.   I was referring to solo cruiser events.  I agree on the entertainment in general.  I enjoyed the various live music bands throughout the ship.  

I am currently onboard and was also onboard last week.  Lauren went on vacation on 9/11 and has been replaced by Luigi.

I thought all entertainment last week (both solo performers and production shows) was excellent.  I am just so happy to be on a ship viewing live entertainment.

I also thought Lauren was an outstanding Cruise Director.  She literally was everywhere mingling with the passengers.

I am surprised it's Luigi. I thought Britanny was the next one in line. Lauren was training her in July and she hosted a few events/shows and was really very good.

I saw Captain Kate's tiktok and she has also gone on vacation or is going after this cruise.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

she has also gone on vacation or is going after this cruise.

Does anyone know when Captain Kate will be back on board Edge?  I know in normal pre-COVID times the captains used to be on 3 months and off 3 months, but I am hoping she might come back sooner, so I can book Edge before the end of the year before passenger capacities potentially increase.

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I am surprised it's Luigi. I thought Britanny was the next one in line. Lauren was training her in July and she hosted a few events/shows and was really very good.

I saw Captain Kate's tiktok and she has also gone on vacation or is going after this cruise.

Yes, we thought the same, as Lauren allowed Britanny to take over one evening saying she was mentoring her for the position of CD. But guessing now, I think we encountered Luigi last month on the Equinox as assistant CD. If its the same gentleman he is very personable, approachable, and a good crooner with his own performance in the atrium entertaining though not as pretty as Britany.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Years ago, cruising on board the Marco Polo, the staff recognizing many repeat guests used the phrase  "Welcome home" when they boarded. Gives one a warm 'fuzzy' feeling....

They also say that on Celebrity. When I hear that I say “yes, nice to be home.” But I’m really thinking that I don’t pay somebody a fare to enter my home.

• Haha 1