B2B and switching rooms

100cruisesorbust

So we are looking to do a B2B now that 14 day cruises seem to be gone forever in the Caribbean.    In reading I saw that Celebrity is great with helping you move cabin and will move you hanging stuff and suitcases.  I guess my question is for those who have had to change does it feel like you are pretty much packing to get off?   Thanks for any comments or insights with this experience.   

It’s not like staying in the same cabin.  But since you don’t have to pack any of the hanging stuff it’s not that bad. We pack using cubes for shorts, tee shirts, undies, socks and workout clothes.  We just zip the cubes put them In a suitcase with the shoes and toiletries and the cabin attendant moves the suitcases with the hanging clothes. Fairly easy.

You have to pack your personal things, toiletries etc and just leave them in the room in your suitcases.  All your hanging garments will be transferred to a bellman's cart by your steward and delivered to the new room.  The process of getting a new seapass card differs from cruise to cruise it seems.  Sometimes everyone goes to a room where they get their new cards and sometimes they are delivered to the previous room.  i think we had to get off the ship once and then back on. If that happens, they see to it that you don't have to line up with the new boarding people.  Once, we were given a lunch as well. 

You probably know that you get a B2B discount for each leg.  If they are 7 day cruises, you will get $50 for each cruise off your fare.  It's lovely not having to get off the first cruise because you are sailing for another one.  Enjoy.

Joan beat me to it!  We use those cubes also and just transfer them from our case to the drawers.  Easy peasy.

Edited by TeaBag

Thanks teabag and jelayne - appreciate the response.   We love our cubes also.   Sounds like best if we just stay in the same room.  We had kicked around trying suite life but that is where we have to change cabins and categories of suites.  And of course the better suite is on the first leg which would stinks to downgrade.  

We generally do B2B, B2B2B and periodically B2B2B2B series.  While it may be easier to have the same stateroom it isn't an issue at all to move.  Just remember that you will be responsible for moving the contents of your in-room safe.  And we also use the zippable packing organizers, so don't even unpack items in drawers but just store the packing organizer with the contents.  We don't feel like we are "pretty much packing to get off" at all.  It is a very easy and smooth process.

8 hours ago, 100cruisesorbust said:

Sounds like best if we just stay in the same room.  We had kicked around trying suite life but that is where we have to change cabins and categories of suites.  And of course the better suite is on the first leg which would stinks to downgrade.  

We haven’t yet been on a b2b, but we have two booked next year. The first requires a cabin change, but the second does not. Having once had the enjoyable experience of suite boarding at T25, I would definitely prefer my suite leg to be first on a mixed cabin class b2b. Yes, you’d downgrade for the second leg, but you’re already aboard😊 

8 hours ago, TeaBag said:

You probably know that you get a B2B discount for each leg.  If they are 7 day cruises, you will get $50 for each cruise off your fare.

Didn't realize there was a discount available.  We just booked online and chose the same room for both cruises.  Would we still be eligible for a discount (final payment date hasn't occurred yet)?

We also tried to always have the  same cabin but had to change rooms for the first time about 3 years ago.   It was a breeze.    Certainly did not feel like you were packing to leave the cruise.

Just toss the items in the drawers and bathroom into a suitecase --   and I mean just toss them in. They and your hanging items are moved to your new room and your closet will look the same except new robes.     You also don't need to have your suitcase out in the hallway by a certain time. 

Once the person leaves your new cabin the stateroom attendant will let you know so you can transfer items in your safe to the new room.   If I recall by the time we came back from turnaround procedures our clothing and suitecase were in our new room.

3 hours ago, jgmorgan said:

Didn't realize there was a discount available.  We just booked online and chose the same room for both cruises.  Would we still be eligible for a discount (final payment date hasn't occurred yet)?

Little reasons like this is why I either book onboard the ship or call Celebrity to do my bookings. Never online. I would call Celebrity and ask. Are you a Captains Club member? If so I would call the CC (1-800-760-0654) as I always have better luck with them then the call center reps. IMO, you should be able to get the B2B discounts. Remember, the B2B discounts are applied to each leg of the B2B cruise, not per person.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we usually end up hauling our stuff to our new cabin on b2b type cruises. Staff is spotty and have heard of too many people that have gotten to their new room and their dress slacks are missing, or a top is missing. We take everything on the hangers and haul and bring the hangers from the new cabin back to the 'old' cabin. No one has never tried to stop us.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, M&M Hayden said:

we usually end up hauling our stuff to our new cabin on b2b type cruises. Staff is spotty and have heard of too many people that have gotten to their new room and their dress slacks are missing, or a top is missing. We take everything on the hangers and haul and bring the hangers from the new cabin back to the 'old' cabin. No one has never tried to stop us.

We've never had to switch staterooms on any of our B2B cruises. We always book early. Apparently those that have experienced what you've described don't post on CC with their bad experiences with changing staterooms. Have you? First I've  heard of this issue. Your method of changing rooms sounds like a real PIA. 👎

Edited by davekathy