PLF ( Passenger Locater Form)

daveoc

47 minutes ago, lambinator1982 said:

Hi All

I am on B124A which is leaving Southampton tomorrow. I am have trouble filling out the PLF form. on the first page it says: 

image.png.e77b5c6f4c781ed24c6805aa01f31642.png

But when I try to fill out the form online is asks me the date I will enter the uk (7th november) but when I enter it it says ' you cannot complete this form until 48 hours before you arrive in the UK'

what am i supposed to do? enter a wrong date? 

No just fill it in once in Barbados as per 48hrs easy. I'm on the same cruise and that is my intention.

Edited by gandalf1

I am somewhat confused as contacting Testing for All and they have told me I can purchase 2 of the 2 day LFT tests on one order for my wife and I and the code they send with e-mail can be used on both PLF forms. I would have thought everyone has to have their own personal code for the PLF.

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I am somewhat confused as contacting Testing for All and they have told me I can purchase 2 of the 2 day LFT tests on one order for my wife and I and the code they send with e-mail can be used on both PLF forms. I would have thought everyone has to have their own personal code for the PLF.

A friend of mine used someone else's code when flying back from Spain last week.

After all the contact I have had with Testing for All you cannot order and LFT test if your holiday returns to the UK after the 14th November, ours is the 15th, they have said they will not be updating the site until the end of next week at the earliest. So now it looks like I will have to start searching again for another company.

I have found it very helpful to read all (well, nearly all) your comments on this thread. As I posted earlier, I was getting very stressed about all the form filling that I would need to do. Now, however, after reading many of your comments, I am feeling a little (but not completely) happier about it all. As I see it now, all I have to do is:-

(1) Three weeks before I sail order a LFT from a trusted provider - Govt. approved ones can be found on their web site. The test will be delivered to my home to coincide with my return home from the cruise.

(2) A confirmation email for the above will be sent to me at the time of ordering and will contain a reference number which will be required for the completion of my PLF.

(3) The PLF could be completed from 21 days prior to departure and will require the information laid out on the relevant web site

(4) As I do no have a QR code (whatever that might be!) I have a letter from the NHS confirming that I have had two vaccination. When the PLF asks if I have a QR code, I simply press the "no" button and proceed.

(5) On completing the PLF, I will try to "cut & paste" it into a paper form and take it with me along with my NHS vaccination certificate. If I can not cut and paste the PLF, it should not be a problem at the port.

(6) Two days before departure, I will need to complete a health declaration and return it to P&O by email

(7) On departure day, I arrive at the Testing Centre (at the time on my boarding pass) and present all relevant paperwork, (including passport and vaccination certificate) to the personnel there.

(8)  I then drive to the terminal and unload my luggage, hand the car over to CPS and await a negative test result before proceeding (via the usual channels) to board the ship!

(9) Once on board, there will be no further forms to complete if I do not leave the ship. If I do leave the ship, there may be other forms to complete prior to being allowed to get off and on again but these will be paper ones supplied on the ship.

Have I missed anything? Will I need any paperwork for my final disembarkation at Southampton?

Is there anything else that I need to "upload", "download" or "scan" - because, if so, I'm scuppered!! 

Edited by Sir Cumference
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 8:06 PM, Sir Cumference said:

The PLF could be completed from 21 days prior to departure and will require the information laid out on the relevant web site

21 days from the date of return to the UK.

Just done  our plf's what a long winded form .At least I managed to get a 4 page print out so good to go .Just one thing left to print health questionnaire 3 days before departure. Nearly have printed a book for the both of us to carry onboard . Well at least we will know what to print out next time !

16 minutes ago, davecttr said:

from 21 days BEFORE the date of return to the UK?

does this only apply if you are on a UK/elsewhere/UK cruise by ship in both directions? 😵

Only applies if you’re cruise starts and finishes in the UK. If you have a fly cruise the normal 48 yours applies.

…and only if your cruise is 19 days or less.

Edited by Les_ldh

• 5 weeks later...

We're off on iona 27th (G138) and started filling out the PLF form earlier today,soon got stuck as some of the questions are not logical.So looked for some detailed help and found it with this step by step guide,type it as is and it's at the top of the page.

How to complete Passenger Locator Form for a cruise (with pictures)

Found it very helpful and hope you all will as well,got there in the end.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

We're off on iona 27th (G138) and started filling out the PLF form earlier today,soon got stuck as some of the questions are not logical.So looked for some detailed help and found it with this step by step guide,type it as is and it's at the top of the page.

Honestly dont think it makes a lot of difference as long as you have LFT code and is accepted. We had problems filling ours in prior to our Cunard cruise on 1st Nov and rang government freephone helpline and the person answered didnt have a clue and he kept on saying do this and I kept saying it wont accept that and after about 20 minutes was put through to a supervisor who didnt know much better. When we got to the port to check in was asked have we filled out PLF and said yes she ticked a box and never checked anything and there was no body at all be it border control or customs at  Southampton on our return.

17 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Honestly dont think it makes a lot of difference as long as you have LFT code and is accepted. We had problems filling ours in prior to our Cunard cruise on 1st Nov and rang government freephone helpline and the person answered didnt have a clue and he kept on saying do this and I kept saying it wont accept that and after about 20 minutes was put through to a supervisor who didnt know much better. When we got to the port to check in was asked have we filled out PLF and said yes she ticked a box and never checked anything and there was no body at all be it border control or customs at  Southampton on our return.

From what your saying i'm glad we found the online help as phoening the helpline was going to be our next move today.Whoever put the questions together has made a lot of assumptions,even their staff don't fully understand.A big learning curve for all of us i suppose and one that can only improve in time.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:34 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

A friend of mine used someone else's code when flying back from Spain last week.

We’re also on G138 leaving this weekend..

I went to the Champions League final in Porto earlier this year and while there I met lots of fans who had copied the PCR certificates and other travel documents.. I was asked about my documents but there were zero checks on my way back into the UK though I did receive a call from National Health Wales to ask me about my trip and whether I had any symptoms or not.. I was waiting for the result of the day 2 test at that point (which never came) but they told me that I had no need to isolate..   A farce IMHO

Edited by Bluemanc100

On 10/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, Bin man said:

Just done  our plf's what a long winded form .At least I managed to get a 4 page print out so good to go .Just one thing left to print health questionnaire 3 days before departure. Nearly have printed a book for the both of us to carry onboard . Well at least we will know what to print out next time !

Why not just save them as documents on your phone or tablet?? 

P&O  have told somebody on their Faceache page that if they are staying in a hotel and have to book an extra night accommodation to claim off their travel insurance and if they refuse to pay out get their refusal in writing and P&O will look at individual cases. Trouble is is the OBC compensation more than 1 nights cruise on Iona that they have now lost.

My family have asked to stay with me as their hotel isnt able to take them.  Is the compensation reasonable, the family are saving on their hotel as it was cancellable free of charge until tonight. Hopefully they'll get enough for a treat or two.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 4:55 PM, WECRUISEUK said:

There is also a helpful step-by-step guide for cruises from/to UK on the Cunard website at https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/plf/4-disembarking-uk-staying-more-than-24hours.pdf

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, white_bear said:

There is also a helpful step-by-step guide for cruises from/to UK on the Cunard website at https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/plf/4-disembarking-uk-staying-more-than-24hours.pdf

That is straightforward and very useful I wish I had found that before my recent cruise to Spain and Portugal and their islands. Even the Government helpline were confused and didnt know how I should fill mine in.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, white_bear said:

Odd how P&O haven't put this useful guide on their website.  Under the same umbrella company as Cunard, and even the websites use the same running gear.  Can't be that difficult to put on P&O's site surely....Er i think I've just answered my own question 🤔