HAL cruise cancelled, I want a cash refund

jebbs

I got an email Friday, 5 pm, cancelling my Zuiderdam cruise to Hawaii, December 2021.  The letter outlined options, including a refund but did not explain how to initiate that process. I have my eye on a similar cruise, but I want my refund and put that towards a booking with a different cruise line!

Any suggestions to get a speedy refund?

Thank you and 

Happy traveling!

If you worked with a travel agent, contact them and let them know your preference.

If you booked directly with HAL call them and tell them you want a cash refund.

There is probably no way to make the process any faster.

• Like 1

I don’t know what was in your email but in ours we had a link to choose if we wanted to do a different replacement cruise or receive FCC or cash refund.

If it’s not there, then follow the suggestions above, call you TA/PCC or contact HAL if you booked directly.  

2 hours ago, jebbs said:

Ohhhh…..could be I’m using an IPad.  When I am near a computer I’ll look at letter again.  
Thanks

Good luck at finding the link...I got the cancellation email, but no link to options as kazu mentions in post #5 above. Thanks to her posting of the list of replacement cruises earlier  I got the information I needed about choosing a new date, which I used to find a new cruise on the Koningsdam in early 2022. If I did not find that, I would've wanted a refund, also. As it is, my final payment for the Zuiderdam will go to my new cruise (I hope). I did have to call HAL yesterday (9/11) to initiate the process.

Edited by PSR

2 hours ago, jebbs said:

Ohhhh…..could be I’m using an IPad.  When I am near a computer I’ll look at letter again.  
Thanks

I honestly think that makes no difference.  I use my Ipad frequently and my email on my Ipad had the link.  A shame if HAL is no longer including them 😔 

44 minutes ago, kazu said:

I honestly think that makes no difference.  I use my Ipad frequently and my email on my Ipad had the link.  A shame if HAL is no longer including them 😔 

I've been using my computer for all recent contact with HAL (mail, bookings, etc). Just checked my iPad...no link on that cancellation email either. In the past I have always gotten links to replacement choices: refunds, FCC, rebooking, so I know what you're referring to, kazu. Maybe they "forgot" to add the link to a few (or bunch?) of emails. Sure was confusing.🙄 I even looked for the link when I read the original email, expecting one. Surprised I couldn't find anything.

Edited by PSR

I only got the email that said all money paid to HAL would be refunded to the original form of payment.  There wasn’t a preference link.  I think they are done with the future cruise credit concept.  It would be great if I got the refund in 21 days!  I could the pay off my Feb. ‘22 Hawaii/Mexico cruise.

5 hours ago, Crew News said:

Thanks, but when I entered my info it said "your booking isn't eligible"; for what, I wasn't sure. Maybe because I already submitted a rebooking request by phone?

• 3 weeks later...

There was no cancellation link in my email. In fact, right in the email, it states I can't even cancel my cruise and get my money back until October 15 for an email that went out September 9. That is cash hostage! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 1:22 PM, wesport said:

When I called HAL, the rep said refunds have been taking 21 days. Not too bad considering it used to be 60.

We canceled a cruise we were supposed to be on right now.  It was NOTHING like the cruise we had booked about 20 months ago. Different ship (twice), completely different itinerary and yet HAL says they didn't cancel, we did.  Go figure.  Anyway, we got back our money in about 30 days give or take.  The shore excursion money came back pretty quickly but the cruise fare took much longer.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:06 PM, sambamama said:

There was no cancellation link in my email. In fact, right in the email, it states I can't even cancel my cruise and get my money back until October 15 for an email that went out September 9. That is cash hostage! 

I’m waiting as well. No word yet on being re-booked as stated in Sept. email, which said they could not process cancellation until the transfer was complete. Apparently they can process refunds for others.

If I don’t hear from them tomorrow, I’ll call.