Can I Cancel October Cruise?-

EmmasNana

3 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

With the CWC am I able to get a full refund or will I only be allowed a FCC?

The default is an FCC, but if you claim that you don't like the protocols (like tell them you can't get tested) you can get a refund.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The default is an FCC, but if you claim that you don't like the protocols (like tell them you can't get tested) you can get a refund.

I didn't know this.  What about for cruises out of Spain, Royal is providing that test at embarkation....so assume that wouldn't work then?

Just now, Gracie115 said:

I didn't know this.  What about for cruises out of Spain, Royal is providing that test at embarkation....so assume that wouldn't work then?

Use some other change you don't like - like needing to do something to get to Spain, or some masking mandate on board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Well, the real reason is we just got off a cruise and husband does not want to cruise again until things are more normal-ish. We thought we could deal with the masks but had a real hard time with it especially at the ports. We complied but many didn't and I didn't like that. I don't know how long that will be before we will want to cruise again. I can't honestly say we can't get tested because it is available. I am not a very good liar and prefer not to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmmasNana said:

Thank You!

Please come back and let us know how it worked out for you.

I's always nice to get feedback...So many on these boards ask a question that may

help other's and never take the time to post with their results.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I's always nice to get feedback...So many on these boards ask a question that may

Okay, I will. I have sent an email to my TA. I probably wont hear back until tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

If RCL has changed the protocols since you booked they are mostly honoring a cancellation on those terms and full refund or OBC. I have canceled three cruises with no lies just saying don't want to go now that you changed it up (not an itinerary change) Have not had any problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

So this was the outcome: I requested full refund as we did not like the protocols that were in place. I ended up getting refund returned to my cc except apparently I had used a FCC of $250 for each of us so that will be replaced with another FCC. I can live with that. 

I have a cruise in Feb and one in March. We will see how things play out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

OMG is that true.  I thought under the cruise with confidence you had to accept an FCC.

In fact I have done this already to two cruises but they have not removed from my profile and the ships have sailed.  They are slow with FCC and refunds.  But I did not know you could ask for an outiright REFUND

6 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Well, the real reason is we just got off a cruise and husband does not want to cruise again until things are more normal-ish. We thought we could deal with the masks but had a real hard time with it especially at the ports. We complied but many didn't and I didn't like that. I don't know how long that will be before we will want to cruise again. I can't honestly say we can't get tested because it is available. I am not a very good liar and prefer not 

Edited by forgotmyCCname

20 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

OMG is that true.  I thought under the cruise with confidence you had to accept an FCC.

In fact I have done this already to two cruises but they have not removed from my profile and the ships have sailed.  They are slow with FCC and refunds.  But I did not know you could ask for an outiright REFUND

IF you are unable to follow or dislike protocols for your sailing, they will give you a refund.  The protocols must be announced for your cruise before you can do this.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, poocher said:

IF you are unable to follow or dislike protocols for your sailing, they will give you a refund.  The protocols must be announced for your cruise before you can do this.

really that easy.   I mean I am hearing things about Oasis that I do not like and want to cancel mid Oct cruise.  Not the social distancing in dining rooms and folks not keeping to the mask policy.

This comment would get me a refund.?

18 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

really that easy.   I mean I am hearing things about Oasis that I do not like and want to cancel mid Oct cruise.  Not the social distancing in dining rooms and folks not keeping to the mask policy.

This comment would get me a refund.?

It should...and since they just announced the 1-15 Oct protocols (and nothing has changed since last month) then you should be able to request a FULL cash refund, based on their October protocols, right away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

It should...and since they just announced the 1-15 Oct protocols (and nothing has changed since last month) then you should be able to request a FULL cash refund, based on their October protocols, right away.

hmm my luck I call and then say gotta accept an FCC.  I have 3 already.

BTW prices next year are coming in lower so in order to use an FCC for just base fare, I had to go up a category so I could use the entire FCC.    first time reserving a Jr suite for me.

• Like 1

I agree...call back.  My TA handled this for me but she negotiated a ~$12K refund for me which included 4 (I think...can't remember exactly) FCC's.  The "rule" (which is nowhere in writing that I am aware of) is that all CWC FCC's will be refunded.  If any of your FCC's were from any other source, they will re-issue the FCC.  If it is a CWC FCC, they should refund it, if requested.

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I would call back.  Different CSR, different answer.  Keep calling til you get the answer you want.  Ask for a higher up.

well on the phone for a hour to have them resolve all 4 of my cancel CWC FCC,

One reservation removed from my profile while two others still showing

The customer service also seemed reluctant to refund and at this point I am also concerned

prior cancels for FCC are in limbo.

I have 4 cancels and only 1 provide a cancel #.  two are still showing, and one was removed with two two days.   His answer to me is yes they are cancelled, but when I ask if I am getting my FCC, there is a pause and then well of course YES. just takes time and the way the cancel is coded.

OMG I am so sorry I even had all these reservations but I have 5 for next year.  So I wait while he talks to a supervisor and he sounds irritated too.  Even got a " Yes I know what you want let me put you on hold while I discuss with supervisor"

in the end even customer service folks still are in a fog.  He did say how overwhelmed they are now