The Key, since restart, how many hours for the Flowrider on a 7 night cruise?

xpcdoojk

15 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Does anyone know or could share their letter when they purchased the Key on any of the cruises since the Covid restart has begun.  How are they handling embarkment lunch?  

JC

We just came off the Odyssey with only 540 passengers. You could have ridden all day. Every time we looked the staff were just waiting for anybody to ride!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

RCCL in an offering email today still showed the KEY as an option for cruises.

If that is like the other offerings like Unlimited Dining or Deluxe Bevies, you need to sign in to book it for your cruise.

It was open to buy as of last week for me.  Now it isn't.

2 hours ago, pdawson30 said:

We just came off the Odyssey with only 540 passengers. You could have ridden all day. Every time we looked the staff were just waiting for anybody to ride!

You are killing me.  I mean actually killing me.  Riding all day would be a heavenly experience for a few members of this forum.  

JC

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

RCCL in an offering email today still showed the KEY as an option for cruises.

If that is like the other offerings like Unlimited Dining or Deluxe Bevies, you need to sign in to book it for your cruise.

It is showing for my December 11 cruise.  Which is why I started the thread after I checked in for my sailing.  I would think they might cancel it, but 90 days of $400 beats 90 days of not having $400 to RCI most likely.  😆

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

You are killing me.  I mean actually killing me.  Riding all day would be a heavenly experience for a few members of this forum.  

JC

Fantastic on independence two weeks back. So many hours on the flow rider it was insane. Typically 2-5 people including me and my wife. Just enough time to recover. 

Edited by AustinCruise

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

JC

Sounds like you have something to seriously look forward to! 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pdawson30 said:

970 on our Odyssey cruise last month.  I had the Flowrider to myself for a couple hours each day I chose to ride on our cruise.  The most people in line I ever saw was 6, so I left then and let the other 5 have it.  It was awesome (other than those 3 horrible seams in that new inflatable design)

2 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Fantastic on independence two weeks back. So many hours on the flow rider it was insane. Typically 2-5 people including me and my wife. Just enough time to recover. 

Yeah, us oldies need 4 or 5 in the line.  On the Anthem in 2016 sailing to Canada from NYC, there were several sessions with just me and staff, it is where I went from being ok to actually being able to surf the wave and develop rhythm and ride the top of the wave.  I even had time to practice the stuff I don’t like, launching from the top and spins.  I don’t like these things because they are not natural to me.  I grew up water skiing a very straight forward sport and snow skiing slightly less straight forward but still natural.  I think top of the wave launch and tricks are skateboarders and snowboarders things.  I like carving, and I am boring on the wave.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

970 on our Odyssey cruise last month.  I had the Flowrider to myself for a couple hours each day I chose to ride on our cruise.  The most people in line I ever saw was 6, so I left then and let the other 5 have it.  It was awesome (other than those 3 horrible seams in that new inflatable design)

So, what are these new seams and where are they?  I remember hating the Liberty of the Seas, because there was a significant difference in the wave from the two pumps, one was slightly higher and it caused a line and a dead spot in the middle that really screwed up my timing and rhythm.  

JC

On 9/13/2021 at 10:50 PM, xpcdoojk said:

So, what are these new seams and where are they?  I remember hating the Liberty of the Seas, because there was a significant difference in the wave from the two pumps, one was slightly higher and it caused a line and a dead spot in the middle that really screwed up my timing and rhythm.  

JC

There are three seams.  Each one is about three inches wide and about 1 1/2 inches high.  The two outside ones are just outside the white of the crown and anchor symbol.  The other one (and most annoying) is right up the middle.  The seams run from the very bottom to the top of the wave surface.  They really play hell with your riding if you carve hard.  It makes riding much harder than the other waves.  I am told Freedom also has this newer wave type with the seams now after it got Amped.  You can learn a few ways to get over the seam easier, but it still rides much worse than the other waves because of this.  Why the seam could not have been on the underside of the surface instead of on top (unless it is on both sides) is beyond me.

Photos below from Nick Vitani

bad3.jpg

bad2.jpg

bad1.jpg

bad5.jpg

bad4.jpg

Edited by Russ Lomas
add images

5 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Why the seam could not have been on the underside of the surface instead of on top (unless it is on both sides) is beyond me.

That seems like RCI is giving stand up riders the finger and aiming to ease things for novice boogie boarders when the divider is in the middle. That's not a seam, it looks like a designed feature to create two "lanes".

12 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

There are three seams.  Each one is about three inches wide and about 1 1/2 inches high.  The two outside ones are just outside the white of the crown and anchor symbol.  The other one (and most annoying) is right up the middle.  The seams run from the very bottom to the top of the wave surface.  They really play hell with your riding if you carve hard.  It makes riding much harder than the other waves.  I am told Freedom also has this newer wave type with the seams now after it got Amped.  You can learn a few ways to get over the seam easier, but it still rides much worse than the other waves because of this.  Why the seam could not have been on the underside of the surface instead of on top (unless it is on both sides) is beyond me.

Photos below from Nick Vitani

bad3.jpg

bad2.jpg

bad1.jpg

bad5.jpg

bad4.jpg

We really need the Board of Governors to get right on this and correct this issue, if they can't fix it we should close down the ride.

• Haha 1

So, what is the amped wave on Allure like, I am hoping it is not the unhinged balloon it was when we sailed the Allure in January 2020.  I really hope it bares no resemblance to the Odyssey’s wave….  So, what does the Allure wave look like since I am sailing her in December?

21 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, what is the amped wave on Allure like, I am hoping it is not the unhinged balloon it was when we sailed the Allure in January 2020.  I really hope it bares no resemblance to the Odyssey’s wave….  So, what does the Allure wave look like since I am sailing her in December?

What is Odyssey’s wave... From the info I have read its just a single FlowRider