Window Suite Dining

cornellcindy

Windows suites are, to us, one of the best "secret" values on Princess.  I wasn't sure what I would think of a room without a balcony and were to go on an Alaska cruise, so we did a short Mexican cruise to test it out.  They are great rooms - so large and with so much extra storage space.  Plus, you get all those suite perks for a good chunk of change less that a regular suite.  Needless to say, we did he Alaska cruise in a window suite too.  We cruised from San Francisco up to Alaska, the weather was lousy and they wouldn't let anyone out on the decks until we got to Alaska.  We spent a lot of time in that room - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not only Club Class dining, but, perhaps more special, suite breakfast!

I'm guessing (just guessing) that you're sailing on Grand in the near future.  If so, suite breakfast is in Crown Grill (on most other ships it's in Sabatini's).  It's a really nice perk and the service team never fails to impress.

Edited by jondfk
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yes but only some ships have these suites

Yes.  With Golden gone fleet exit, the only Grand class ships that have them are Grand and Caribbean, each have 7 on Fiesta deck 6.  F301 is slightly smaller than the others, the one closest to the piazza F315 is a handicapped room.  

F301 is considered undesirable but in fact is just like the others except it doesn't have the giant "desk" running along the windows, there's still plenty of flat space and storage elsewhere in the room.

The very latest Royal class ships (Sky for example) have only two, up high, forward.  S107 & S108.

Shhhh.  Don't tell anybody, they are hard enough to get!

Just now, fabby50 said:

Windows suites are, to us, one of the best "secret" values on Princess.  I wasn't sure what I would think of a room without a balcony and were to go on an Alaska cruise, so we did a short Mexican cruise to test it out.  They are great rooms - so large and with so much extra storage space.  Plus, you get all those suite perks for a good chunk of change less that a regular suite.  Needless to say, we did he Alaska cruise in a window suite too.  We cruised from San Francisco up to Alaska, the weather was lousy and they wouldn't let anyone out on the decks until we got to Alaska.  We spent a lot of time in that room - 

Well it was a secret. 🤪

7 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Now I am confused. What is the difference between these 3 cabins etc club class, suite suite and this window suite?

There are some mini suites which are designated as club class, the rest of club class are the full suites.  The window suites are full suites but do not have a  balcony -window instead therefore the name

• Like 1

Location,, Location, Location.

Mini Suites Club Class are midship all on the same deck).

Full suites are forward, aft, and midship usually on one deck depending of class of ship.

7 Window suites (are full suites without a balcony located on Fiesta Deck midship/forward.  Only on the Grand and Caribbean.

2 Window Suites on Royal Class ships are on higher decks way forward.  Again, no balcony

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Location,, Location, Location.

Mini Suites Club Class are midship all on the same deck).

Full suites are forward, aft, and midship usually on one deck depending of class of ship.

7 Window suites (are full suites without a balcony located on Fiesta Deck midship/forward.  Only on the Grand and Caribbean.

2 Window Suites on Royal Class ships are on higher decks way forward.  Again, no balcony

For Grand and Royal class ships the full suites are on multiple decks.  At least 5 or 6 decks and in some cases more

25 minutes ago, memoak said:

For Grand and Royal class ships the full suites are on multiple decks.  At least 5 or 6 decks and in some cases more

Thanks for the addition.  What I meant to say was aft and forward full suites are on multiple decks, while midship suites are usually clustered on the same deck.  

I'm coming out of anesthesia and was warned not to sign any legal documents.   Ha Ha.

15 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Now I am confused. What is the difference between these 3 cabins etc club class, suite suite and this window suite?

Club Class mini suites are mini suites with a few extra amenities the most important of which is club class dining.

Full suite passengers receive full suite amenities which includes club class dining, special breakfast, a concierge lounge on royal class ships and many others benefits. Most full suites have balconies, but there are a few ships that have a limited number of full suites without balconies (window suites). Passengers in these window suite cabins are entitled to the same benefits as full suite passengers in cabins with balconies. 

There is a .pdf on the Princess site that lists all the suite benefits.  I saw a suggestion from someone to print that out if you are staying on one so that if a benefit is not received, you can point it out.  I thought that was a great idea - 

• Like 1