DO I HAVE TO USE THE CELEBRITY APP? HELP!!!

SonuvaBeach

I can't download the Celebrity App..don't ask... Is it possible to fill out the required health questionaire when i get to the pier for check in?  I have been on hold with Celebrity for almost an hour now...no help from them so far!!

Edited by SonuvaBeach

28 minutes ago, 39august said:

Not everyone has a smart phone or wants to use the app. So, yes, you can do so at the pier,  just as we have been doing the "health check" for several years now. 

That's pretty much what I thought...Thank you for your help!!

I agree that you dont not need a smart phone or the app. But I got a email from Celebrity saying.

DOWNLOAD THE CELEBRITY CRUISES APP NOW It’s the only way to complete all required check-in steps for health and fastest boarding including the Guest Safety Briefing. Plus, enjoy contactless guest services throughout your vacation, plan your daily itinerary, make reservations for specialty dining and excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises, chat with fellow guests, and keep tabs on your account.http://image.email.celebritycruises.com/

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

5 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I agree that you dont not need a smart phone or the app. But I got a email from Celebrity saying.

DOWNLOAD THE CELEBRITY CRUISES APP NOW It’s the only way to complete all required check-in steps for health and fastest boarding including the Guest Safety Briefing. Plus, enjoy contactless guest services throughout your vacation, plan your daily itinerary, make reservations for specialty dining and excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises, chat with fellow guests, and keep tabs on your account.http://image.email.celebritycruises.com/

While the only way to check every box, each of the boxes can be checked off separately. For example, you can watch the Guest Safety Briefing on your cabin TV.

49 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

The same one I received. That's why i had this question.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry if you have no smartphone and don't know "apps" from "appaloosas."  As determined through experience (September, 2021), everything can be done "the old-fashioned way," and it does not result in a long delay.

The health questionnaire can be taken care of without even having to write anything.  The questions and answers can be asked and answered orally.  A guest need only show his/her virus test result (printed) and CDC card.  The whole "ordeal" takes less than five minutes.

Don't be misled by the online hype.

• Thanks 2

Celebrity is not the only line trying to tell us we "MUST" use the app. They have no idea how much panic they've set off (and probably more every say) by pushing that their apps are "required" for check-in (NOT) and Health questionnaire (NOT) and Boarding (NOT). Statements to the contrary are on the websites, but for Celebrity I didn't see the verbage below till after I had completed check-in ... online, NO app required. These clips are from my "View Express Pass" link, critical instructions circled in red; "print this page" or "answer your health questions at the terminal"...

checkin-at-terminal-1.jpg.acd52517a536796d6b9b76a7f76c228a.jpg

checkin-at-terminal-2.thumb.jpg.81f6c381e1274dfa5da9d4703cecc7f6.jpg

Edited by Moonarino