New Princess Sphere class ships?

big al

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

USA Today article shows some pricing & times to book…guess the cost is for a 7-day cruise.

Travelers can purchase tickets for the ship's first three trips beginning Sept. 16 at 3 p.m. Eastern time, and a special booking window for Princess Elite members runs from Sept. 15 at 5:30 p.m. through Sept. 16 at 3 p.m. Eastern.

Prices for a February 2024 round-trip sailing from Rome start at $1,999 for an interior room based on double occupancy with the Princess Standard package. That includes "accommodations, dining, and entertainment," according to the line's website.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2022/09/15/princess-cruises-sun-princess-ship-debut-2024/10386818002/

Our Cat DG Deluxe Balcony for the February 8 10 day Barcelona to Rome cruise was $7809 including insurance. Quite a bitt more than similar cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like they are going with "classes" of passengers. Most won't be "cool enough" for various venues. This was something I loved about Princess. Nobody was "more special" than anybody else. (Okay, full suite passengers in the newer ships got a Concierge Lounge and, of course, breakfast in Sabatini's but, for the most part, nobody had to be a "lesser class of passenger". I absolutely despise the concept of a "higher class" of passenger.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Looks like they are going with "classes" of passengers. Most won't be "cool enough" for various venues. This was something I loved about Princess. Nobody was "more special" than anybody else. (Okay, full suite passengers in the newer ships got a Concierge Lounge and, of course, breakfast in Sabatini's but, for the most part, nobody had to be a "lesser class of passenger". I absolutely despise the concept of a "higher class" of passenger.

Exactly my sentiment. This is why I left Celebrity. It galls me that the premium locations are becoming up charge or only for high cost suite areas. 

I totally agree with Thrak, another reason why this ship doesn’t appeal to me. I liked that me with my lowly interior can eat and mingle with the hoity toity suite folks. 😁

But look! According to the deck plans, Princess finally has cabins for solo travellers … a whopping four of them. (Deck 10). And they’re interiors. Now I’m usually in an interior but I thought there’d be more and more variety.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

Look at the last room diagram in post #145. There is a separate "cabana" between the main room and the balcony. 

I think that what you are considering to be a balcony is in fact the cabana that is located on the cabana deck (far left hand section of last rendering on post 145) and what you are considering as a cabana is like a sun room with sun bed that is in between the stateroom and the cabana.

This ship really has no appeal to me, between the increased size and the expanded class system.  I also don't care for the cabin redesign with the closets and bathroom door across the entry hall from each other like HAL cabins (at least on the directions class)...no privacy.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Two new dining venues for certain classed of cabins. Expect the MDR quality to drop. If it works expect them to wedge it into Royal class ships when they go through dry docks.

Pretty much left Celebrity when they went the ship within a ship route.

12 hours ago, ldtr said:

With Celebrity a portion of the experience depends upon what cabin class you book.  Different cabin classes get different dining experiences and other benefits.   We reduced our use of Celebrity as they moved more into the ship within a ship approach.

And that is exactly what Princess is moving to with the introduction of the new Sun Princess, the first of the Sphere class ships.

o Basically first class with the super-duper suites

o Basically second class with what are now Club Class cabins (some mini suites and the full suites)

o Basically steerage for the rest of us

• Like 4

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Did some digging and see that there are only 3 cruises available at the moment.  Still can't see them on princess.com.

image.thumb.png.51e189a4f8e82847b7f7b8accf8f355d.png

So, insides starting at $200/day/person and balconies starting at $300/day/person.

At these prices the ship is the destination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

So, insides starting at $200/day/person and balconies starting at $300/day/person.

At these prices the ship is the destination.

Yep, there was a sharp intake of breath at the quoted price when we called to book a suite on the inaugural this morning. At least we have time to save up! 😂

5 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

There's not much about her that doesn't come across as being phony. Her laugh just grates my nerves. 

Exactly! Completely phoney, and almost appears to be making fun of Princess vs being an ambassador. Certainly not a great face of the company.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dides said:

Yep, there was a sharp intake of breath at the quoted price when we called to book a suite on the inaugural this morning. At least we have time to save up! 😂

Looking for a later sailing in May 2024 in a S4 Penthouse...could you advise the cost of the suite and what category?    Thank you - 

7 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Can anyone tell me when bookiings open up for non-elite passengers? 

Available now.  This is from an email sent to my TA:

"We’re excited to introduce and give you a sneak peek of our most innovative ship to date – the all-new Sun Princess®! She’ll make her debut in Spring 2024 and Elite Captain's Circle members, can reserve their spot on one of three maiden season 10-day Mediterranean voyages starting today from 3pm to 9pm PT/6pm to midnight ET, with voyages opening to the general public at 6am to 9pm PT/9am to midnight ET on Friday, Sep 16. "

Edited by azbirdmom

5 hours ago, jdellachiesa said:

It was soooo bad. Anji Corley really needs to go.

And John Padgett looks like one of those late night cheap "only on television" product hucksters. 

The entire reveal production reminded me of my last root canal. 

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Available now.  This is from an email sent to my TA:

"We’re excited to introduce and give you a sneak peek of our most innovative ship to date – the all-new Sun Princess®! She’ll make her debut in Spring 2024 and Elite Captain's Circle members, can reserve their spot on one of three maiden season 10-day Mediterranean voyages starting today from 3pm to 9pm PT/6pm to midnight ET, with voyages opening to the general public at 6am to 9pm PT/9am to midnight ET on Friday, Sep 16. "

Thank you. Im getting conflicting info as some are saying at 3pm ET today. And the Princess agents don't seen to know LOL

Edited by FLAlaska

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Available now.  This is was from an email sent to my TA:

There is some confusion on the timing.  I know the email we received yesterday (as elites) read:

Just call 1-800-PRINCESS. Select cruises open for sale today (Thursday, 9/15) at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT for Elite members and 3 p.m. ET/noon PT tomorrow (that would be today) for everyone else. Princess Captain's Circle® members enjoy $100 off.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Deck plan is available here:

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=SU

Only the cabins are shown. No details on the public area yet.

The suite area will be at the aft top deck, just like Norwegian Prima.

thank you for the plan.  for now, it appears no self serve laundry on the new design.