Anyone lucky enough to book the Greenland cruise?

RoperDK

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

About same price. I'm solo so thats interior for 1 pax. ..though wouldnt let me book, even when I tried to change to 2.

Maybe they will do it again another time. Too much for me for a carnival cruise.

If you are ever interested, in Aug/2022, Celebrity has a one way from Cape Liberty, NJ to Reykjavik, Iceland (12 nights)…Much better itinerary, and it is running about $4k for inside solo, and includes drinks, Wifi, and tips.

I’m sure they would have similar itineraries in 2023.

Edited by crzndeb

15 hours ago, stobe1 said:

I could be wrong, but I dont believe Carnival sells those as balcony cabins anymore. They sealed the french doors shut and now it is basically an obstructed ocean view and is sold as such.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

15 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I was under the impression that those were the old 4K rooms.  These are balconies on deck 5.  I am not certain, as I always pick cabins above those decks.  I'm sure someone will weigh in soon.  

Deck 4 has the 4K cabins which used to have doors that opened onto the lifeboats. Now sealed shut. Classed as interior with windows with blocked view.

Deck 5 has balcony cabins overlooking the tops of the lifeboats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 5:42 AM, firefly333 said:

So 4800 pp if I'm solo, 100% solo supplement. Ok thanks. Interesting. Does sound like a awesome itinerary. 

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe they will do it again another time. Too much for me for a carnival cruise.

I agree far too expensive. 

I did a TA on MSC Meraviglia in Sept.2019. Started in Copenhagen, stopped in Southampton, Belfast , overnight in Reykavik, Halifax ,St John's NB and ended overnight in New York. So didn't need an expensive hotel in New York. Paid $1300 solo .

So a way to see Iceland. Not Greenland though.

52 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The 12 day repo cruise next August on the Celebrity Summit from Bayonne to Iceland stops in Iceland, Greenland and Canada.

And cruises through Prins Christian Sund, which is spectacular. Yes, people would need to fly home from Reykjavik, but what a wonderful place to spend a few days after.

56 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The 12 day repo cruise next August on the Celebrity Summit from Bayonne to Iceland stops in Iceland, Greenland and Canada.

I'm already booked on Celebrity Solstice Vancouver to Japan in Sept 2022.

First time to Japan after being cancelled 3 times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carnival Legend 4K rooms are considered an Interior Room with Obstructed View. 

2 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Deck 4 has the 4K cabins which used to have doors that opened onto the lifeboats. Now sealed shut. Classed as interior with windows with blocked view.

Deck 5 has balcony cabins overlooking the tops of the lifeboats.

29 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

I'm already booked on Celebrity Solstice Vancouver to Japan in Sept 2022.

First time to Japan after being cancelled 3 times.

Mary,

This looks awesome. You have me looking now, except I’m on another ship in Oct/2022. LOL

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

And cruises through Prins Christian Sund, which is spectacular. Yes, people would need to fly home from Reykjavik, but what a wonderful place to spend a few days after.

According to John Heald we will be cruising through as well: 

Heald continued to say, “To get there we cruise through the iceberg filled ( no Leonardo Decrapio jokes needed) Prince Christian Sound and that is, well, I don’t have the words to describe how this feels as you see the Polar Bears, Whales and Yaks. And I am sure these Canadian ports which I have not been to before will be sensational as well.” ~ Cruise Hive 

Assuming it would be the 5th sea day, but I don’t like to assume.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vlynn said:

According to John Heald we will be cruising through as well: 

Heald continued to say, “To get there we cruise through the iceberg filled ( no Leonardo Decrapio jokes needed) Prince Christian Sound and that is, well, I don’t have the words to describe how this feels as you see the Polar Bears, Whales and Yaks. And I am sure these Canadian ports which I have not been to before will be sensational as well.” ~ Cruise Hive 

Assuming it would be the 5th sea day, but I don’t like to assume.

I never saw any Polar Bears, Whales or Yaks, but icebergs, yes. It is beautiful.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2021 at 6:08 AM, kdr69 said:

Was able to book a Deck 4 Balcony but by the time i saw the notice from John Heald that they were having issues putting on the website it was almost too late.  I was clicking on Cabins and kept coming back not available so when i did get one that showed up i immediately put a hold on it and called in to Carnival.  While i was giving my details to the rep not two minutes into the call she said your very lucky i see all the Balcony cabins are gone now.

We got 4105 last minute Saturday AM

On 9/26/2021 at 10:04 AM, vlynn said:

On a different page, someone mentioned that John Heald will be on this cruise, is this true? Doesn’t matter either way, just curious. Thanks!

Yes, he will be on this cruise. I know of several more well-known content creators on YT who will be on this cruise as well.

Edited by Keys2Heaven
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PC 462 said:

It appears that cabins of all kinds are now available on the Carnival site for this cruise.  Good luck!

Are you talking about the Sept. or Aug. 2023 cruise? I haven't been able to access the Sept. cruise for days.

1 hour ago, cruises42 said:

Are you talking about the Sept. or Aug. 2023 cruise? I haven't been able to access the Sept. cruise for days.

Well, I'll be darned!  Did not know there was another one in August 2023.  But, thank you, you're right, it was the August one that I saw.  When did that one appear?

On 9/23/2021 at 11:46 PM, fscher said:

Too bad there are only two ports to visit on this trip.  Looking forward to seeing what kind of tours or excursions passengers will book.  This is the most expensive cruise we have booked, but it should be very unique.

There appear to be 5 ports on this trip, 2 in Greenland and 3 in Canada. I was under the opinion there will be no tours or excursions on this cruise. No shops for tourists either. 

12 hours ago, PC 462 said:

Well, I'll be darned!  Did not know there was another one in August 2023.  But, thank you, you're right, it was the August one that I saw.  When did that one appear?

Princess has 8/15/22 r/t NY 16 days with three stops in Greenland.