Anyone lucky enough to book the Greenland cruise?

RoperDK

I tried, but failed.  Sold out in a matter of hours.  I couldn't even get it to load on the Carnival site.  Kept erroring out.  Couldn't get through by phone either.  By the time I got through, all of the suites, premium balconies, and regular balconies were gone.  Only thing left was balcony guarantee.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't even try - it conflicts with another cruise we have. I would bet a lot that travel agents snapped up cabins and will be offering them at group rates for a while. Likely cheaper than what you can get from Carnival now. Hold onto what you have and check on roll calls here there everywhere. You'll find something better.

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Didn't even try - it conflicts with another cruise we have. I would bet a lot that travel agents snapped up cabins and will be offering them at group rates for a while. Likely cheaper than what you can get from Carnival now. Hold onto what you have and check on roll calls here there everywhere. You'll find something better.

I hope so.  I knew it would move fast, but that was crazy! 

40 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Didn't even try - it conflicts with another cruise we have. I would bet a lot that travel agents snapped up cabins and will be offering them at group rates for a while. Likely cheaper than what you can get from Carnival now. 

Incorrect. Groups weren't allowed to be booked.

But I believe there are many folks who have cabin holds. So, keep checking in the next few days.

4 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

But I believe there are many folks who have cabin holds. So, keep checking in the next few days.

I sure hope so.  I was armed and ready at 9 Eastern and just could not get through to book. 

I tried, used a TA for the first time and best I could get was an obstructed view right behind lifeboat. I would have to cancel my 14 day Alaska cruise that overlaps these dates. Have an aft balcony there at good deal cheaper rate so I will hope that Carnival will offer this itinerary again once they see how fast it sold out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I sure hope so.  I was armed and ready at 9 Eastern and just could not get through to book. 

The stinker is that the sailing was opened wayyy before the announced 9 am.

I happened to check at 6 am and saw cabins disappear before my eyes. I grabbed 2 real quick, without even checking prices. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

The stinker is that the sailing was opened wayyy before the announced 9 am.

I happened to check at 6 am and saw cabins disappear before my eyes. I grabbed 2 real quick, without even checking prices. LOL 

Oh wow.  I never thought to check early.  It wasn't even advertised unless you heard John's coffee with me video.  Maybe it will encourage Carnival to do more unique itineraries instead of the same old plain vanilla ones.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I read that. I also later read from a person who posted that:

*** I do have available the following for Greenland / Canada:
2 balcony rooms
5 interior
1 Ocean View

and by I, I don't mean me. Look around.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

We’re booked on this cruise. I’m also holding a comparable sailing the month prior on the Caribbean Princess. For those curious, the Caribbean Princess is roughly the same price and two days longer from New York but in August.

Thanks for the Princess info. Just looked and put a room on hold. I love princess and the extra days are a bonus.

I tried online at carnival.com early this morning with no luck. I called my PVP a little after 10 am and he was surprised that all the balcony and suites appeared to be booked. He called back a few minutes later and had snagged a deck 8 forward balcony for us. Very pricey. This is the most we paid for a 14 day cruise with a balcony. 

DAY PORT OF CALL ARRIVE DEPART

Sat Baltimore, MD   6:00 PM

Sun Fun Day At Sea    

Mon Fun Day At Sea    

Tue Fun Day At Sea    

Wed Fun Day At Sea    

Thu Fun Day At Sea    

Fri Nanortalik, Greenland 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Qaqortoq, Greenland 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sun Fun Day At Sea    

Mon St. Anthony, Nl, Canada 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Tue Corner Brook, Nl, Canada 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Sydney, Ns, Canada 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Thu Fun Day At Sea    

Fri Fun Day At Sea    

Sat Baltimore, MD 10:00 AM  

• Like 1

My friends booked. I have done a Northern TA ( 16 night) that included Iceland and Greenland on another cruise cruise line, and as a solo cruiser, quite a bit less than this one. Of course, the big draw may be this is a RT from a US port (and Greenland).  I thought the price was crazy, considering I ,just booked a 14 night TA on a brand new ship for $1500 less. 😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

My friends booked. I have done a Northern TA ( 16 night) that included Iceland and Greenland on another cruise cruise line, and as a solo cruiser, quite a bit less than this one. Of course, the big draw may be this is a RT from a US port (and Greenland).  I thought the price was crazy, considering I ,just booked a 14 night TA on a brand new ship for $1500 less. 😳

Transatlantics can be some of the cheapest cruises based on overall cost per person per day. On Royal and NCL, you can find some real bargains at times.

I would never compare the cost of a transatlantic cruise against a roundtrip voyage likely to have a more premium choice of ports compared to the standard and disappointing selection you find on most TAs.

I will say, however, the pricing is aligned with the amount I was expecting and I feel it is priced accordingly. It’s similar to other US based roundtrip options and on par with itineraries to Antarctica (without a landing).

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

The Princess deal is a much better value.  First of all, you get 3 stops in Greenland, two extra days and a 30% larger ship.  You can also get the Princess Plus for 40 bucks a day.  After factoring out the 14.50 per day for gratuities, it costs you 25.50 per day for wifi and their drink package.  Wifi and Cheers per day would cost substantially more than double that.

• Like 1