Insurance

GUT2407

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Just been looking at some insurance products, between COVID and all my pre existing conditions if I can get coverage at all it looks like it will cost more than a cruise.

Not wrong there mate, that is what puts me off.

I have pre-existing conditions including two strokes and diabetes andĀ have traveled to every continent both on cruises and on land trips.Ā  The only travel insurance I could get (especially for North and South America) that would cover me for everything was Medibank Travel Insurance.Ā  Expensive, but not ridiculously so.

27 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Insure and Go used to be the best for pre existing condition - no idea if or what theyā€™re offering post CovidĀ 

They are only offering coverage for domestic flightsĀ  at the moment and Covid isĀ not covered.

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They won't start offering other cover until more travel options open up.

I wonder how people booked on the World cruises in 22 and 23 are handling their insurance then with no Covid cover.Ā  Most world cruise ports are still out of control with covid.Ā  What if one has to cancel due to covid ? Does not sound good.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I wonder how people booked on the World cruises in 22 and 23 are handling their insurance then with no Covid cover.Ā  Most world cruise ports are still out of control with covid.Ā  What if one has to cancel due to covid ? Does not sound good.

That will be a big issue for those hoping to do the 2022 World cruise. Things might change by 2023.

• Like 1