20% discount ??

margo2011

Hi can anyone please explain why UK residents are not able to have this offer .I believe we will be able to visit the USA after November this year ,so I and others would also like to take advantage of this offer.

I’m sure there must be a valid reason and  I-would just like to understand what .We have enjoyed several Celebrity cruises and hopefully will enjoy more .
Thanks in anticipation of a reply .

31 minutes ago, margo2011 said:

Hi can anyone please explain why UK residents are not able to have this offer .I believe we will be able to visit the USA after November this year ,so I and others would also like to take advantage of this offer.

I’m sure there must be a valid reason and  I-would just like to understand what .We have enjoyed several Celebrity cruises and hopefully will enjoy more .
Thanks in anticipation of a reply .

A great question to ask Celebrity. 0344-493-2043. 

I agree nothing to do with COVID .I think I will give them a call for an explanation.A few years ago we saw a cruise on OZ Cruising we wanted to book but when they realised we were from uk they initially  refused.
I then said ok I’ll get my son who lives in Australia to book on our behalf to which they then agreed to let us book .It was a great cruise around Australia with RCL.Maybe I should get one of our relatives in New York to book on our behalf ,but I think it would cause some confusion .I will be happy to accept a warranted reason .We are currently looking to book another in Australia  but family have had Celebrity in Jan 2021 cancelled  then February 2022 now they have rebooked for February  2023 so I am a little reluctant to book till I am assured they will be open for international travellers .

My experience over the past 20 yrs with X,  it all depends on when you booked your cruise.  
If you book your cruise early, you may have gotten the best rate (I did on my current and in past cruises). Then a “special” like this comes up.  But— maybe the  cruise is almost full or has been out for a year and actually gone up in price, so it might now be 20% off, but it in actuality, as I just checked on my own future cruises, is still a LOT more than the original price.   Check the fine print and facts. 

18 minutes ago, Cachecara said:

My experience over the past 20 yrs with X,  it all depends on when you booked your cruise.  
If you book your cruise early, you may have gotten the best rate (I did on my current and in past cruises). Then a “special” like this comes up.  But— maybe the  cruise is almost full or has been out for a year and actually gone up in price, so it might now be 20% off, but it in actuality, as I just checked on my own future cruises, is still a LOT more than the original price.   Check the fine print and facts. 

i saved over 2000dollars, took five minutes of my time.

I believe we had a Captains Club 10% discount offer in August. Agree with other posters different rules in the UK such as refunding deposits available in USA and Australia. Probably a good option for you to get family in these countries to book for you if you want discount and flexibility, otherwise you have to stick with it like the rest of us.

I spoke to Celebrity UK 2 weeks ago trying to get some improvement in booked cruises. No luck with equaling the US rates. I did get £150 off with a Beyond Europe 2022 SV cruise already booked using the current UK sale which she initially argued was for new cruises.

However I took a FCC for the deposit of a Caribbean April 22 cruise I had made. I thought it was a good price too. I then rebooked the cruise on the US site and saved enough to take the elevate package and an extra £100 off each. There was no issue with the booking living in the UK. The deposit was much larger, you are gambling on exchange rates, and possibly the consumer rights are better/worse.

My only concern is I ticked the military box. I am British Army retired not US and I do not have the forms cited that may be asked for. I will be taking my discharge papers. Never have an issue with Celebrity UK getting my discount. 

I have sometimes found the UK site being cheaper. Looked at US TAs and found them cheaper/ more expensive. I know some Brits use US TAs. 

Just got off Silhouette and have a future cruise voucher for OBC on a 2023/24 cruise when hopefully they come out soon..

Interesting. Still £300 more than my Silhouette Caribbean trip in March when I booked on the USA site (11nt in a 1B verandah). Arguably for £300 I wold usually be happy to book in pounds though.

Hope they keep the prices for the 2023/24 cruises when they come out in the Autumn. I have a voucher purchased on a Staycation last week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1