Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Checked in for my flight, and boarding pass printed... This has been a long time coming, but I think I'm ready. ***Correction: I KNOW I'm ready...

Oh you're more than just ready! You are spinning and walking 2 feet off the ground ready!!  

Don't forget to breath and have a great cruise!!

p.s.  No chance of a cruise related avatar is there??

• Like 1

I just got a call from Virgin Voyages saying that they "need my cabin as part of the quarantine area"... They said that I would receive a "Central Sea Terrace" and $100 in Sailor Loot for my trouble. Keep in mind, I'm booked in an XL Sea Terrace, which is an entire grade above central... They're basically downgrading me!... After nearly two years, and seven cancellations, they're pulling the rug out from under me.........

• Like 3

Just now, sid_9169 said:

I just got a call from Virgin Voyages saying that they "need my cabin as part of the quarantine area"... They said that I would receive a "Central Sea Terrace" and $100 in Sailor Loot for my trouble. Keep in mind, I'm booked in an XL Sea Terrace, which is an entire grade above central... They're basically downgrading me!... After nearly two years, and seven cancellations, they're pulling the rug out from under me.........

That is absurd, you should be comped the difference and a heck of a lot more in credit. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

I just got a call from Virgin Voyages saying that they "need my cabin as part of the quarantine area"... They said that I would receive a "Central Sea Terrace" and $100 in Sailor Loot for my trouble. Keep in mind, I'm booked in an XL Sea Terrace, which is an entire grade above central... They're basically downgrading me!... After nearly two years, and seven cancellations, they're pulling the rug out from under me.......

Did you have the option to say NO ?

Edited by blarko
  • Like 3

Just now, sid_9169 said:

What the heck........not a good way to start off vacation, and definitely not gaining any customer service points.....you should at least be given an equal cabin PLUS Sailor Loot!

Boo Hoo on Virgin terrible customer service!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The heck?!? Your experiences with VV from the beginning up until here at the last minute certainly would not encourage anyone to sail with them. What a hot mess.

I agree 100%... This had better be the best cruise of my life...

• Like 5

I can't even comment on this since I would be banned from CC for saying words that should not be said. But OMG....didn't you pay extra to upgrade to that cabin? If so, they should (at a minimum) give you that amount back????

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I can't even comment on this since I would be banned from CC for saying words that should not be said. But OMG....didn't you pay extra to upgrade to that cabin? If so, they should (at a minimum) give you that amount back????

That's a good point!... Hopefully, they'll call back soon.

• Like 3

I'm incensed at this downgrade situation, so I came up to the local Mexican place for some strong margaritas and some tacos... First up, a seriously upgraded margarita that's probably going to run me upwards of $25...

PXL_20211004_215110658.jpg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

That's a good point!... Hopefully, they'll call back soon.

I think you should negotiate a suite - if not for this sailing, then they can upgrade you for the one next year to make up for this crap! How could they not know until literally TWO days prior that they would need that cabin?

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm still on hold with Virgin Voyages about this downgrade situation... Another one of those really expensive margaritas while I wait for the outcome...

PXL_20211004_222304561.jpg

Good luck and hang tough.  They need to upgrade you and offer OBC.  This is crazy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Number one emoji....if ya know what I mean.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

After waiting an hour and a half for a callback, I spoke to whichever customer service agent that was assigned my call... They claimed that there was nothing they could do about the cabin situation, and "it is what it is"... I explained to them that I had already paid almost $200 to upgrade my cabin to begin with, and they apologized, but that still didn't do much to solve my last minute downgrade... They said that they would restore the money that I had paid to upgrade, and give me $100 Sailor Loot, but that was all they could do... I'm absolutely finished with their atrocious customer service, and I just hope that this is a great vacation, even if it means cutting ties with them as a cruise line going forward... Every single thing that I've had to deal with them has been a total fiasco, and now this!... I only hope that the onboard experience is far superior to their customer service...

By the way, I needed another drink just to deal with all this crap...

PXL_20211004_224742976.jpg

• Like 6

Branson's email is easily googleable.  (I'm not posting it because I don't know the rules on that.)  Go straight to the top.  Or at least, some random assistant to the top, who probably answers his email. 

Even if nothing happens you might feel better. 

I once emailed a CEO and got my problem solved that evening by a VP who was very apologetic.  (Of course, that was on a medical matter where their not paying attention could have killed me, but still...)

(also, I have a XL terrace and am now afraid of that happening to me)

Edited by LibrarianMonroe
  • Like 6