Voyagers Club 15%+5% promo

styles27

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

Whilst on the subject of discount, there is discount up to 50% available to those working in the health sector through Aprill 2022 cruises booked by end of September. You do not need to be or have been on the front line, simply prove you work within the sector and you're good to go. Unfortunately you'd need to book tomorrow at latest!

THANK YOU TO ALL HEALTHCARE WORKERS
AND THEIR FAMILIES

To you on the frontline during this COVID-19 crisis. 
You, who have risked your own lives to save ours, worked overtime and made sacrifices for others, you, more than anyone else, deserve a gift.

As we have now begun sailing once again, MSC Cruises is honoured to offer up to 50% discount on the cruise fare to all healthcare workers and their families, as soon as they are ready for a well-deserved holiday. 

Our special ‘thank you’ discounted cruise fares for healthcare professionals and their families will be available for all MSC Cruises’ sailings of any duration for all new bookings made till the 30th of September 2021 on all cruises departing up to 30th April 2022  (WORLD CRUISES excluded). 

In the US at least, it is critical you call to get this discount. Booking online will result it you not getting it.

Thanks for pointing this out... a great reminder to all of us to check. 

I signed in and went through the correct link and compared the 5% + 15% price to the current non-discounted full price of my cruise and it showed up correctly... but in my case, the reduced price was still about $300 pp higher than when I originally booked the crusie (a long time ago).  MSC has jacked up the prices considerably on some of their offerings this year.

Edited by lgdesign
  • Like 2

We booked through a big box travel agency back in the spring when they had a really big sale on our sailing for a extra balcony cabin on deck 11 and at that time we knew nothing about Voyager Club discounts or OBS (we are Diamonds).  Thanks so much for posting this!!!!  Our TA got us each $50. OBC but that was all she could wrangle for us today.  So now we have saved the link and will always go there first to look for MSC cruises and not leave the OBC behind again ! Until today we had NONE!!!!! Just can't bother our TA again, but anyone think it is worth a call to MSC directly today to try and get that second set of OBS's? We leave on the Divina this Sunday!!!!

Edited by lambs2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

We booked through a big box travel agency back in the spring when they had a really big sale on our sailing for a extra balcony cabin on deck 11 and at that time we knew nothing about Voyager Club discounts or OBS (we are Diamonds).  Thanks so much for posting this!!!!  Our TA got us each $50. OBC but that was all she could wrangle for us today.  So now we have saved the link and will always go there first to look for MSC cruises and not leave the OBC behind again ! Until today we had NONE!!!!! Just can't bother our TA again, but anyone think it is worth a call to MSC directly today to try and get that second set of OBS's? We leave on the Divina this Sunday!!!!

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lambs2 said:

I think it’s worth the call to MSC if your sailing is on the list. 

In total we saved $360 between the $50 x 2 OBC’s and 5%+15% discount. So definitely worth the 20 min call. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lgdesign said:

MSC has jacked up the prices considerably on some of their offerings this year.

Prices are all over the place. I keep track of my bookings to compare prices with and without VC discounts just in case a non-VC family member wants to book with us. I've seen my booking go to 5% + 15% and I still watch prices to see if the sale/promo price is any lower. Sometimes, YC prices will drop while interior/balcony will go up and vice versa. I've never had a problem with getting a price adjusted or (eventually) getting the correct OBC.

The hardest part is listening to the music/announcements while on hold...😵

7 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I've never had a problem with getting a price adjusted or (eventually) getting the correct OBC.

Will they make lower price adjustments aftrer final payment?  I'm more familar with NCL's policies where they'll throw you a little OBC but not lower the price once you're beyond final payment.

39 minutes ago, ronu said:

Does the additional $50 obc show separately as $50 + $50 or is it supposed to show as $100 total?

It shows on each of our price breakdowns so $50 on mine and $50 on my husband’s. 
The 5%+15% dollar amount only shows up on the MSC website when I sign in and go to my cruise and then click on payment details I’m showing that $ amount as a negative balance because we have been paid in full for a while now. 

40 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Will they make lower price adjustments aftrer final payment?  I'm more familar with NCL's policies where they'll throw you a little OBC but not lower the price once you're beyond final payment.

Yes they made the adjustment for me yesterday and we’ve been paid in full for over a month at least. I now have a negative $260 balance.

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

THANK YOU!! for this heads up.  I just called and got the OBC added to our cruise for the $50 each and additional discount for our cruise that leaves this weekend.

You’re welcome! So happy for you! 
Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

32 minutes ago, ronu said:

Does the additional $50 obc show separately as $50 + $50 or is it supposed to show as $100 total?

My OBC seems to always show in bunches of $50 for each person. It'll show $50 for me, then $50 for me on the next line, then $50 for my wife on the next line, then $50 for me on the next line, then $50 for her on the next line, then......(even comes on different days).

I've learned to not stress things when it comes to minor details with MSC. As long as I get what I booked (some don't), for the date that I booked (some don't), on the ship that I booked (some don't), leaving from the port that I booked (some don't), I am OK.

34 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Will they make lower price adjustments aftrer final payment?

There's no harm in asking but there is a risk that a booked cruise will turn into a nightmare if phone reps try to make changes. 🤪

On 9/28/2021 at 1:13 PM, styles27 said:

Someone in our roll call mentioned this promo today and I’m very thankful to @racephotofor alerting me to it. 

Supposedly,  according to MSC’s website, as long as you add your VC number at the time of booking you will receive this promo. 
Looking at my booking I see I only received the 5%discount. 

Phoned MSC and the rep who answered checked with his supervisor and yes indeed our sailing is included so I saved another $200+  Also $50 OBC each and double points. 

I couldn’t find the promo info on MSC’s site without doing a google search of

”MSC Voyager Club 15%+5% promo” then the link came up to MSC’s page with all of the detailed info. 
Check to see if your sailing is included!

What the rep couldn’t tell me is if I will receive the 15% as a refund or an OBC

Looking at my cruise payment details right now the balance is showing a balance of -$200+

Any insight on what that means would be great. I will call them again to ask for sure how I will receive this but I’m wondering if any of you have had a negative balance and how it was handled?

35AE2D90-7507-4FA0-8DB2-C16CD997EEC3.png

I always check out the Voyagers Club deals first.  Dh was looking at the current cruise we are booked on and he said if it goes down I will book it.  I looked at the Voyagers Club and it was listed on the 15% + 5%, I showed him and he said book it.  Love that discount🥰

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Just so everyone is clear, it should be two 50's *per person* (assuming you are both Silver or higher).

This would should as four $50 credits.

We got an Appreciation Rate when we booked, or so we were just told by both MSC and our TA who were just on the phone simultaneously with us. Bottom line after more than an hour on calls: we just get 2/ $50. OBC's for our sailing, but that is $100. more than we started the day with!!!

• Like 1

Just now, lambs2 said:

We got an Appreciation Rate when we booked, or so we were just told by both MSC and our TA who were just on the phone simultaneously with us. Bottom line after more than an hour on calls: we just get 2/ $50. OBC's for our sailing, but that is $100. more than we started the day with and we are Diamond in a  deck 11 larger balcony!!!

• Like 1

I called and they said yes I already got the discount and it only shows the one $50 OBC but a additional one will be applied to final bill onboard... I hope so I only see the one but I took names and the lady noted my account with the notes from supervisor...

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Just so everyone is clear, it should be two 50's *per person* (assuming you are both Silver or higher).

I had been given $50 x2 OBC when I originally booked the cruise and yesterday we were given $50 x2 OBC from the promo 

So $200 total OBC 

We are Diamond should I have been given 4 $50 OBC with this promo instead of 2?

3 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I had been given $50 x2 OBC when I originally booked the cruise and yesterday we were given $50 x2 OBC from the promo 

So $200 total OBC 

We are Diamond should I have been given 4 $50 OBC with this promo instead of 2?

You should have a total of 200...four $50's...from the Voyager 5+X%.

I'm not sure what the original 50 was from...if it was from booking Voyager then you are all good...$200 total.

I guess a different dept gives you the second set of 50s, so you usually see two 50s and then (later) another two 50s

• Like 1

Just now, alyssamma said:

You should have a total of 200...four $50's...from the Voyager 5+X%.

I'm not sure what the original 50 was from...if it was from booking Voyager then you are all good...$200 total.

I guess a different dept gives you the second set of 50s, so you usually see two 50s and then (later) another two 50s

Okay I think I’m good then.

Originally yes I was given the Voyager 5% off the cruise and 2 $50 OBC (I think the OBC was for Diamond status or maybe it was a promo when I booked, I can’t remember)

Thank you!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Even though I called and they said it was there only one is showing not  two...this concerns me...