Voyagers Club 15%+5% promo

styles27

11 hours ago, lgdesign said:

Thanks for pointing this out... a great reminder to all of us to check. 

I signed in and went through the correct link and compared the 5% + 15% price to the current non-discounted full price of my cruise and it showed up correctly... but in my case, the reduced price was still about $300 pp higher than when I originally booked the crusie (a long time ago).  MSC has jacked up the prices considerably on some of their offerings this year.

Call them.  Typically, it's a 5%+15% from the price you booked - not the current price. 

We ended up at the receiving end of this as our original price was higher than the current price - and the only way to get that current price was to cancel and re-book.

I trying to comprehend so bear with me.  

If one books using the 15% + 5% promo and are Silver, Gold or Diamond Level with the Voyager's Club you get TWO $50.00 on-board credits per person?

I'm Diamond and booked using the Healthcare Heros promotion and received ONE $50.00 on-board credit per person.  Interestingly, the terms of the Healthcare Heros promotion reads in part:

• Is combinable with promotional rates and MSC Club discount (excluding brochure and group rates)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lilalila said:

I trying to comprehend so bear with me.  

If one books using the 15% + 5% promo and are Silver, Gold or Diamond Level with the Voyager's Club you get TWO $50.00 on-board credits per person?

I'm Diamond and booked using the Healthcare Heros promotion and received ONE $50.00 on-board credit per person.  Interestingly, the terms of the Healthcare Heros promotion reads in part:

• Is combinable with promotional rates and MSC Club discount (excluding brochure and group rates)

That is correct...two $50 OBC pp

Not sure how this combines with the HC rate...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, intr3pid said:

Call them.  Typically, it's a 5%+15% from the price you booked - not the current price. 

We ended up at the receiving end of this as our original price was higher than the current price - and the only way to get that current price was to cancel and re-book.

I've done both depending on what was better. When my price was better than current, I added the 15% deal to what I had. When the price was lower, I cancelled/rebooked. 

It's easier to do the math before I call. Working out the percentages isn't difficult once you know the formula.

• Like 1

Different question:  As the 5+15% Voyager Select cruises advertise double points, is there any way to verify that we'll get double in our documents presail?  Also on the 2 $50 OBCs on VS sailings, it does take a little longer before they both show in your documents.  So yes, for Silver and above, 2 $50 OBCs per person.  I'm sure that is not the case with the Healthcare promo because that is a different promotion not combinable with the extra 5/10/15%..

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

I clicked on the link and repriced our April Seashore cruise. I paid $1,811 for 3 of us, and through that 5%+15% link it's only showing as $1,739. It's only $79 less. Should be $271, if it's 15%.

The price is currently the same I booked several months ago.

Plus, I matched a status back in 2019, our 2020 MSC cruise was cancel, so my Silver status is supposed to expire in January, before our April cruise happens. What happens then? Would I still get $50 OBC?

I am afraid to call them, since I know MSC CS reputation: if you are happy with what you have booked, don't call them to make any chances, because they'll screw it up.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I clicked on the link and repriced our April Seashore cruise. I paid $1,811 for 3 of us, and through that 5%+15% link it's only showing as $1,739. It's only $79 less. Should be $271, if it's 15%.

The price is currently the same I booked several months ago.

Plus, I matched a status back in 2019, our 2020 MSC cruise was cancel, so my Silver status is supposed to expire in January, before our April cruise happens. What happens then? Would I still get $50 OBC?

I am afraid to call them, since I know MSC CS reputation: if you are happy with what you have booked, don't call them to make any chances, because they'll screw it up.

You will receive the extra % off your ALREADY booked cruise.

It sounds like you’re trying to do a new ghost booking. 

Call MSC and ask for a price adjustment based on the 5%+15% promo BUT 

ONLY if your cruise is on the list of cruises that qualifies for the extra discount. 
If it does qualify they will apply the discount to your existing reservation. 

• Like 1

So I just contacted my TA and she called them and they said "no go" on the new promo for me...

I'm sailing (hopefully) in 51 days, had booked last December when the prices were as low as they would ever be for my sailing (I've tracked it) and had gotten 5% + 5% with extra OBC and double points (the offer at that time).  I also used FCC from a previously cancelled cruise, booked a better cabin and still have extra leftover from that as additional OBC for the cruise. 

So I'm OK with them not giving me their current additional 10% off my very, very good initial price (it would have amounted to roughly $135 savings pp).  When I double-checked my original booking just now, my original discounted price was actually $520 cheaper pp than the current price using the 5% + 15% discount (a lot more than I thought at quick glance).  Am not willing to spend the time on the phone fighting wiht them and also possibly risk them messing up my reservation (as they have with so many others). 

So, I'm going to call it a day and wish happy savings to all!  It's a great deal for those who can take advantage of it.  Thanks as always to the CC group keeping us all aware of good dsicounts like this one.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, styles27 said:

You will receive the extra % off your ALREADY booked cruise.

It sounds like you’re trying to do a new ghost booking. 

Call MSC and ask for a price adjustment based on the 5%+15% promo BUT 

ONLY if your cruise is on the list of cruises that qualifies for the extra discount. 
If it does qualify they will apply the discount to your existing reservation. 

but wouldn't a new reservation by a Silver member reflect that additional 15% discount?

When I filtered the 5%+15% list by ship, it showed my 2022 April Seashore cruise. But when I clicked through to make a faux reservation, it discounted the fare for 3 by only $79 total. I expected a 15% drop.

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

but wouldn't a new reservation by a Silver member reflect that additional 15% discount?

When I filtered the 5%+15% list by ship, it showed my 2022 April Seashore cruise. But when I clicked through to make a faux reservation, it discounted the fare for 3 by only $79 total. I expected a 15% drop.

It’s “supposed to” discount the extra 15% if your cruise qualifies. 
But we’re talking about MSC here lol

Its worth the phone call to ask. 

10 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

So I just contacted my TA and she called them and they said "no go" on the new promo for me...

I'm sailing (hopefully) in 51 days, had booked last December when the prices were as low as they would ever be for my sailing (I've tracked it) and had gotten 5% + 5% with extra OBC and double points (the offer at that time).  I also used FCC from a previously cancelled cruise, booked a better cabin and still have extra leftover from that as additional OBC for the cruise. 

So I'm OK with them not giving me their current additional 10% off my very, very good initial price (it would have amounted to roughly $135 savings pp).  When I double-checked my original booking just now, my original discounted price was actually $520 cheaper pp than the current price using the 5% + 15% discount (a lot more than I thought at quick glance).  Am not willing to spend the time on the phone fighting wiht them and also possibly risk them messing up my reservation (as they have with so many others). 

So, I'm going to call it a day and wish happy savings to all!  It's a great deal for those who can take advantage of it.  Thanks as always to the CC group keeping us all aware of good dsicounts like this one.

Since you already received a 5%+ 5% when you booked maybe that’s all your sailing qualifies for.
There are a few different promos and 5+5 is one of them I believe. 

1 minute ago, styles27 said:

@Itchy&Scratchy

MSC extended my VC status to May 2023.
We last sailed in April 2019 with them so looks like they gave us an extra year. 
Have they done the same for you?

I don't think so. The website says my matched Silver status expires in January 2022. We never sailed in 2020 because Covid.

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't think so. The website says my matched Silver status expires in January 2022. We never sailed in 2020 because Covid.

So definitely worth a call for both issues. 
Good luck let us know how it turns out if you do call!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Since you already received a 5%+ 5% when you booked maybe that’s all your sailing qualifies for.
There are a few different promos and 5+5 is one of them I believe. 

My sailing IS currently showing as an option for the 5% + 15% promotion.  Did a mock booking twice (with and without being signed in with Voyager number) and the numbers showed currectly for new bookings with and without discount.

Happy savings to all.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

My sailing IS currently showing as an option for the 5% + 15% promotion.  Did a mock booking twice (with and without being signed in with Voyager number) and the numbers showed currectly for new bookings with and without discount.

Happy savings to all.

So when you do the ghost booking you’re booking it right from the 5%+15% promo page and clicking on your voyage from that list correct?

I just did that for my cruise as it doesn’t give me an amount off the price it just says “member price” next to it. 

Is that what you’re seeing?
I took a screen shot. 

802470F2-96E7-4152-BA73-045D6B167FDE.pngThis is a heck of a deal for 2 people 7 days cruise only aft balcony. 

2nd photo

Same cruise without booking with promo and not signed in 

9E4AADB4-A63F-4825-BEB7-A48FB4E8CCD5.png

Edited by styles27

I'm not going as far as you're going on the web site (and also pricing a different cruise), but yes, I'm going directly through the correct link. 

It will not show you the % off; just list a "member" price.  In order to confirm your amount, you need to also do a mock booking without using the link and then compare them. These prices are all before taxes and port fees, etc.

Current web site price for my cruise for 2 without discount:  $8078

"Member" price after linking with the 5% + 15% discount button:  $6523

The member price is exactly correct if you take the 15% off first and then apply the 5% to the new amount.

PS  And for further edification, the "member" price I got for 2 last Dec with the 5% + 5% they were running at that time was:  $5485

Just goes to show how much the pricing has bounced around this year.

Edited by lgdesign
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

I'm not going as far as you're going on the web site (and also pricing a different cruise), but yes, I'm going directly through the correct link. 

It will not show you the % off; just list a "member" price.  In order to confirm your amount, you need to also do a mock booking without using the link and then compare them. These prices are all before taxes and port fees, etc.

Current web site price for my cruise for 2 without discount:  $8078

"Member" price after linking with the 5% + 15% discount button:  $6523

The member price is exactly correct if you take the 15% off first and then apply the 5% to the new amount.

PS  And for further edification, the "member" price I got for 2 last Dec with the 5% + 5% they were running at that time was:  $5485

Just goes to show how much the pricing has bounced around this year.

Correct I did that…I posted both, 

one with the member pricing and one without and the promo one does reflect the 5+15 discount.

Its hard to say if our cruise is less now because we booked in July with the all in easy plus drinks and WiFi browsing. They’re not offering that promo right now. 

On Tuesday when I called to inquire about this promo they just took the extra 15% off of what I had already paid since we’re paid in full.
Actually a supervisor had to help the gentleman that I was speaking to as he didn’t know how to do it. 

6 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Correct I did that…I posted both, 

one with the member pricing and one without and the promo one does reflect the 5+15 discount.

Its hard to say if our cruise is less now because we booked in July with the all in easy plus drinks and WiFi browsing. They’re not offering that promo right now. 

On Tuesday when I called to inquire about this promo they just took the extra 15% off of what I had already paid since we’re paid in full.
Actually a supervisor had to help the gentleman that I was speaking to as he didn’t know how to do it.

Sorry... I see now that you posted both prices... a-duh!

Great that you were able to a make it happen.

Edited by lgdesign
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

@Itchy&Scratchy

MSC extended my VC status to May 2023.
We last sailed in April 2019 with them so looks like they gave us an extra year. 
Have they done the same for you?

MSC extended VC status for everyone .  One additional year was added .  Especially for those who were expiring this year and could not cruise to requalify for the required every 3 years. It would be worth a call to make sure your status was extended.

• Like 1

for my Seashore cruise in April 2022:

straight up price without club # directly on msccruisesusa:

3 people, all in drinks promo, inside cabin, fantastica experience $2,047

same link, but put in my Silver number:  $1,967, savings of a puny $80, which is 5% of the cruise fare only, before taxes

yesterday, the special link listed all the cruises through 2024 https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/cruise-discount-5-plus-15

today it's listing cruises only through March 30, 2022, which my cruise misses by 3 days. It says: "We've taken our best deal for MSC Voyagers Club members and made it even better! Book any cruise from summer 2021 through Winter 2021-2022 from the Voyages Selection Departures and you'll get a 15% + 5% DISCOUNT!"

There is only one cruise listed under 5%+10% - 22 day one.

there is nothing listed under 5%+5%.

When you click on the 5%+15% link, it says something completely different and once again lists all the cruises through 2024: 

"As a loyal MSC Voyagers Club member, we're awarding you with the always available 5% off PLUS an additional 15% off your cruise fare. What's more? Get up to €/$50 per person onboard credit to use during your cruise, PLUS you'll earn double points! If you are a Silver, Gold or Diamond member, you'll earn an additional €/$50 per person onboard credit to use during your cruise."

Going through this second link, I get the final price of $1,739.56. Compared to $2,047 it is exactly 15% less. Not 5%+15%, though. I booked it for $1,811 a couple of months ago, so once again the savings off of that price is only $72. If I call and they give me $100 OBC - great. But if they don't give me $172 and mess us my existing reservation, will it be worth it?

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

they are offering it for my cruise in April 2022.

They are offering it for your Divina cruise on Nov 14, 2021 as well:

image.thumb.png.d060bbc05c684922114137077bd1219f.png

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 9/29/2021 at 2:15 PM, styles27 said:

It shows on each of our price breakdowns so $50 on mine and $50 on my husband’s. 
The 5%+15% dollar amount only shows up on the MSC website when I sign in and go to my cruise and then click on payment details I’m showing that $ amount as a negative balance because we have been paid in full for a while now. 

Are you a regular member or Silver, Gold, Diamond.  MSC told me that the $50 OBC is only for Silver, Gold, & Diamond members.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

If I were you I would definitely call about the status expiring in Jan. 2022. We last sailed Dec. 2019 and ours says it expires Dec. 2023 so they extended our a year also.