Arrival group selection can't be saved, no "confirm" button

aprilsp88

Hi,

I'm trying to use Medallion app to select arrival group. I can select it, but there is no "confirm" button to click to save my selection.

Has anyone had this issue? How to resolve it? I asked Princess but no one can resolve it. They keep on telling me to restart the app, or reinstall it.

Thanks,

April

On 9/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, aprilsp88 said:

Hi,

I'm trying to use Medallion app to select arrival group. I can select it, but there is no "confirm" button to click to save my selection.

Has anyone had this issue? How to resolve it? I asked Princess but no one can resolve it. They keep on telling me to restart the app, or reinstall it.

Thanks,

April

If you reinstall the app be sure to delete completely the current app from your phone first.  That has solved several problems I have had at different times.

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 6:30 PM, aprilsp88 said:

Hi,

Thanks,

April

I had this problem last night. The confirm button is further down the page underneath the EDIT ALL button.so keep scrolling down.

Edited by Charlies Aunt
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Charlies Aunt said:

I had this problem last night. The confirm button is further down the page underneath the EDIT ALL button.so keep scrolling down.

Lol, the same thing happened to me. I'm glad I'm not the only person. 😉

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2021 at 6:05 AM, Charlies Aunt said:

Exactly! Thank you I finally found the button! The page is not scrollable if the finger is not touching the right location.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, gzuckero said:

Dear lord....I've been trying for 3 days to get this to work and my support with Princess had no idea. You have just saved me from tearing out my last bit of hair.

Believe me, you're not alone trying to solve the medallion app puzzle.

My phone app is almost completed & I hesitate to do anything more for fear the whole thing will crash (as it did once before). 

I couldn't my button to appear at all on my iPhone SE. I installed the app on my iPad mini and it appeared. I found it convenient to have the iPad onboard too to use for scheduling dinner times and trying to scroll through the poorly-designed schedule of activities. It also helped to have a device just for ship wifi and my phone kept on LTE for calls and other things in ports. Of course, the app isn't designed for an iPad and has to be expanded, but then it's very difficult to use on a phone screen also, especially for a smaller one like the SE. The app designers should be sent to work outside the entire Alaska season serving cones at Swirls. 

59 minutes ago, rj59 said:

I couldn't my button to appear at all on my iPhone SE. I installed the app on my iPad mini and it appeared. I found it convenient to have the iPad onboard too to use for scheduling dinner times and trying to scroll through the poorly-designed schedule of activities. It also helped to have a device just for ship wifi and my phone kept on LTE for calls and other things in ports. Of course, the app isn't designed for an iPad and has to be expanded, but then it's very difficult to use on a phone screen also, especially for a smaller one like the SE. The app designers should be sent to work outside the entire Alaska season serving cones at Swirls. 

Thank you.  I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one who had a problem with the SE.

Does this really matter though?  Are they going to stop you from boarding because you didn't pick a boarding group, or because you didn't know when it was available to select and simply forgot to? 

This "feature" really doesn't make any sense to me.

How far out do they allow you to select?  My March cruise gives an error when you try to select it.

I had a pleasant surprise this morning. My medallion app previously (yesterday) had all the fields completed except for selecting the arrival time for a March trip. I could hardly believe it when it let me select my arrival time 69 days out when most people have been posting that it couldn't be done until much closer to the sailing date.

There's hope yet. They must be working on improving the medallion app after all. 

I'm using a Galaxy Note20 Ultra android phone. 

Also sailing on Sky.  Horrible experience installing and then un and reinstalling the app on my iPad.  Took maybe 90 minutes to "complete" the information, much of which Princess already has.  Interface was clunky (at best) and the information requested didn't fit several of the "boxes."  This is the reason people don't care for the "medallion."  Poorly designed functions lead to concerns over use and security.  Have no intention of using it onboard and likely will switch to a card for easy of use and carrying.  Plus, the only reason Princess is going this route its to enhance profits from gaming.  Fascinating that Princess requires one to certify health and non-COVID status onto out from embarkation...  Not my cup of tea.

25 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Also sailing on Sky.  Horrible experience installing and then un and reinstalling the app on my iPad.  Took maybe 90 minutes to "complete" the information, much of which Princess already has.  Interface was clunky (at best) and the information requested didn't fit several of the "boxes."  This is the reason people don't care for the "medallion."  Poorly designed functions lead to concerns over use and security.  Have no intention of using it onboard and likely will switch to a card for easy of use and carrying.  Plus, the only reason Princess is going this route its to enhance profits from gaming.  Fascinating that Princess requires one to certify health and non-COVID status onto out from embarkation...  Not my cup of tea.

The medallion uses onboard and the medallion app on a device offer different things. As far as gambling, the medallion doesn't enter into the picture. It just makes like easier for tracking someone, Covid tracing, receiving food & drinks ordered from your device.

Sure you can live without a medallion but it does make life easier. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Does this really matter though?  Are they going to stop you from boarding because you didn't pick a boarding group, or because you didn't know when it was available to select and simply forgot to? 

This "feature" really doesn't make any sense to me.

How far out do they allow you to select?  My March cruise gives an error when you try to select it.

The idea is to limit crowding by scheduling how many people arrive at the same time. Selection availability for arrival group us has varied from as much as 60 to as little as 25 days. 

Princess says that those who don’t select an arrival group will be assigned one.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 9:29 AM, MissP22 said:

The medallion uses onboard and the medallion app on a device offer different things. As far as gambling, the medallion doesn't enter into the picture. It just makes like easier for tracking someone, Covid tracing, receiving food & drinks ordered from your device.

Sure you can live without a medallion but it does make life easier. 

Not my experience.  Sailed Royal two years ago with medallion and it did nothing to enhance my experience on board.  In fact, we had to change out the medallion with customer services since it failed/ran out of power.  Easier and more secure to carry a cruise card in my pocket.  The medallion has only one benefit, and that is to enhance Princess' bottom line.

1 minute ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Not my experience.  Sailed Royal two years ago with medallion and it did nothing to enhance my experience on board.  In fact, we had to change out the medallion with customer services since it failed/ran out of power.  Easier and more secure to carry a cruise card in my pocket.  The medallion has only one benefit, and that is to enhance Princess' bottom line.

• The medallion has service options have changed considerable since 2 years ago. Back then, other then opening your door and locating people were about it's limitations. 
  • Since there's no information stored in the medallion itself, it shouldn't be a concern about security.
  • I can't see one thing that the medallion does to increase profits. Perhaps the medallion app loaded in a device does, but not the medallion itself. i.e.- gambling.

Sooner or later those old style cruise cards might be made obsolete but in the mean time people can still enjoy them if they prefer.