They finally fixed my medallion ap!!

Peckishpixie

Oh my goodness! My 14 month ordeal is finally over just in time for my cruise. My medallion ap just would not load my cruise no matter who tried it and no matter what phone. I was on the phone to Princess once a week for a couple hours as they tried to figure out the problem. They kept hoping each new update would fix it. Each time the update didn't help they escalated it to their supervisor team. Finally, after getting my franchise owner, our business development manager and his manager involved someone called the developer and they fixed it!! My information was parsed wrong in the reservation. Nothing wrong with the ap, just the way that my reservation was! 

It took so much persistence (47 phone calls and over 100 emails) and I am so grateful to my franchise owner for really pushing them to fix it. I just really hope that everyone else is fairing better with the ap than I did. 
Did everyone else finally get the ap to work or are people still having problems?

Nope.

Mine still says I need to add a credit card, even though it's been added a zillion times.

If Princess doesn't have a team working on fixing the app 24/7, they are not doing enough.

More ships start sailing soon, and the number of folks with problems just  gets bigger and bigger each day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

Oh my goodness! My 14 month ordeal is finally over just in time for my cruise. My medallion ap just would not load my cruise no matter who tried it and no matter what phone. I was on the phone to Princess once a week for a couple hours as they tried to figure out the problem. They kept hoping each new update would fix it. Each time the update didn't help they escalated it to their supervisor team. Finally, after getting my franchise owner, our business development manager and his manager involved someone called the developer and they fixed it!! My information was parsed wrong in the reservation. Nothing wrong with the ap, just the way that my reservation was! 

It took so much persistence (47 phone calls and over 100 emails) and I am so grateful to my franchise owner for really pushing them to fix it. I just really hope that everyone else is fairing better with the ap than I did. 
Did everyone else finally get the ap to work or are people still having problems?

Still having problems!! My 3/27 cruise does not appear in the app, numerous emails and calls to the Ocean team and all I am told is to be patient.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

A LOT of the issues were bad data and not the MC App program logic.  I believe they had a terrible data conversion exercise from the old system.  Either there was a lot of poor, inconsistent data, or the data conversion program was lousy.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Either there was a lot of poor, inconsistent data, or the data conversion program was lousy.

Or a little bit of both 🤪 

I have to say we sail on the Emerald in 2 weeks, and after the last update last weekend, (don't want to jinx it) it seems to have become a lot less clunky, still slow but no freeze's, and everything seems to still be there every time I boot now... Fingers Crossed 

Good news is, our Medallions arrived from Singapore today --- WooHoo !!

20 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

It took so much persistence (47 phone calls and over 100 emails)

That is way, way more effort than I would be willing to give, for the privilege of giving a

company money for my business.

Princess should give a free cruise to anyone with enough stamina to conquer their app.

And, pigs should fly!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We are new to princess. I downloaded the app but it won’t let me link my reservation. It keeps saying booking not found. I am entering the correct booking #. Am I doing something wrong?  

I wonder if for a new cruiser it takes a while for res to populate over.  Since a new cruiser only gets a CC Member number with that first booking, perhaps MC App doesn't have that link?  (Pure speculation).

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I wonder if for a new cruiser it takes a while for res to populate over.  Since a new cruiser only gets a CC Member number with that first booking, perhaps MC App doesn't have that link?  (Pure speculation).

I tried again this morning. No luck. I’ll try again later but if no luck, I’ll call. 

Mine finally has the right itinerary for our 10/15 cruise.  But we are 14 days from boarding and still can’t select arrival groups!  It’s crazy that they only have a handful of ships sailing and can’t get this piece fixed.

we have a 15 cruise tour to Alaska next summer and instead of one booking for it, there is one that says it’s for the first two days, then one booking for another day, then another one for two days.  I can’t even look at that one anymore!

2 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

We are also two weeks out from our upcoming cruise and still cannot pick a boarding time. When we get there we hope that will be the boarding time. 🙂

We can't get an arrival time for our 10/31 cruise. I guess we'll all get on the ship some time or another.

My hotel is booked through Princess and my confirmation states there's a Princess rep in the hotel lobby. Whomever that is can get my boarding time if I cannot. But I'm not checking weekly for it

3 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I tried again this morning. No luck. I’ll try again later but if no luck, I’ll call. 

I have a suggestion if you don't want to wait on hold. Have your TA / PVP / Chat line figure it out. Chat cannot take payments but seem to be able to do the non-financial things

OTOH those who do not select a boarding time are assigned one by deck like pre-MC

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

My hotel is booked through Princess and my confirmation states there's a Princess rep in the hotel lobby. Whomever that is can get my boarding time if I cannot. But I'm not checking weekly for it

I have a suggestion if you don't want to wait on hold. Have your TA / PVP / Chat line figure it out. Chat cannot take payments but seem to be able to do the non-financial things

OTOH those who do not select a boarding time are assigned one by deck like pre-MC

I called princess. I spoke with someone in Navigator, and they said it was a problem with my sailing not loading. She reported it but will probably not be until November until I can access my reservation on the app??????  I guess they are dealing with the issues pertaining to sailings sooner in order. We sail in December. 

Is this normal for a sailing not to be able to work on the app?  My roll call is not active so I can’t see if others are having the same. 

Totally new to Princess but don’t like this whole thing at all. I can access my reservation online but everything I want to do I have to do through medallion which I can’t. I can book shore excursions that’s it through the web. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I called princess. I spoke with someone in Navigator, and they said it was a problem with my sailing not loading. She reported it but will probably not be until November until I can access my reservation on the app??????  I guess they are dealing with the issues pertaining to sailings sooner in order. We sail in December. 

Is this normal for a sailing not to be able to work on the app?  My roll call is not active so I can’t see if others are having the same. 

Totally new to Princess but don’t like this whole thing at all. I can access my reservation online but everything I want to do I have to do through medallion which I can’t. I can book shore excursions that’s it through the web. 

First welcome to Princess, hopefully you will enjoy your first cruise with them and many more. Princess had limited onboard functionality with the  Medallions before the pandemic halted sailing.  With the return to sailing they are trying to do pretty much everything through the app and there have been significant teething pains for many attempting to use the app. 

I am sure it is very frustrating for you.  I would keep checking the app to see if your cruise has loaded ( I have one in May 2022 that was there the day after I booked it so it does seem odd yours is taking so long to populate).  If you have a TA you may want to let them know you are having issues and they can work with the OM team for you to save you some frustration. 

Those who have indicated they had information added to their Medallion over the phone said they did so by calling 1-844-525-0924   

Edited by Shelly97060
Added phone number

I would not invest the time the OP did to try to get a wonky app to work.  On my last Princess cruise I couldn't get the app to work so I just printed my information and showed up at the pier.  That was much faster and less painful than multiple emails and phone calls for something that shows no signs of being usable.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

While I would call a Princess Rep or PVP, this is not something to bother a TA with IMO.  TA's do not have access to the MC App nor the system for it.  They only have access to POLAR.

50 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Those who have indicated they had information added to their Medallion over the phone said they did so by calling 1-844-525-0924  

That phone line has been discontinued and guests need to call the regular Princess 800# and ask for MedallionClass assistance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Just wanted to let you know that just now we were able to choose an arrival group for our Oct. 15 cruise. So exactly 2 weeks before.

You're probably right on this - they probably have standardized it by now to two weeks out. I'm just impatient because I got our arrival time for an August cruise a week before final payment.