Does Carnival care / respond to email complaints?

pnwredhead

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Yep, that's not cool at all. After reading the subsequent posts I am glad that I don't go in for specialty dining. This is definitely something that should be fixed.

And another thing that needs to be fixed is the ho-hum so what attitude about passengers being overcharged. 

We also do not do specialty dining.

12 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And another thing that needs to be fixed is the ho-hum so what attitude about passengers being overcharged. 

We also do not do specialty dining.

Oh absolutely but that is up to the affected passengers. I would even consider adjusting the automatic daily tip over this if it happened to me and would even consider a charge back to my credit card. Bringing the issue up on board is the best chance to rectify something, but if the problem isn't fixed then one should consider a letter to corporate (especially if it is a systemic issue such as this). A Better Business Bureau complaint is an option as is a complaint with your state Attorney General (both of which are in a position to warn consumers if nothing else). I know that people are reading this and saying "that's a lot of fuss over a few dollars" and they are right, but it's steps like that which will eventually get Carnival to change what it is doing. (Posting on Facebook and other social media is also a tool that may be used to get Carnival to finally address the issue.)

Edited by sparks1093

2 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Oh absolutely but that is up to the affected passengers. I would even consider adjusting the automatic daily tip over this if it happened to me and would even consider a charge back to my credit card. Bringing the issue up on board is the best chance to rectify something, but if the problem isn't fixed then one should consider a letter to corporate (especially if it is a systemic issue such as this). A Better Business Bureau complaint is an option as is a complaint with your state Attorney General (both of which are in a position to warn consumers if nothing else). I know that people are reading this and saying "that's a lot of fuss over a few dollars" and they are right, but it's steps like that which will eventually get Carnival to change what it is doing.

I wouldnt adjust my tips to people who didnt cause the problem. In fact I loved my cabin steward and said to her I hear the crew loves pringles. I could go get you some. Usually in the past they say oh that's ok but she said ok so I got a big bag of potato chips. Kinda wierd flavors. 

The week I was on was the first week they could get off in ports, but someone else said they couldnt leave the port area. And my little girl, said she doesnt really have the time to get off. I found a sale on small bags of ruffles too, pringles aren't cheap, and filled up a bag I picked out for her.

It was ok with me, I can afford it easily and she liked it. So I had good experiences with crew too. She knew my name and would call out hello from the first day. I dont like using public rest rooms so I swung by the cabin a lot. 

I would never do a partial charge back on what I paid. I worked for amex disputes. I know it solves nothing. Might get my card blocked. 

No cruiseline is without fault restarting. 

On 10/1/2021 at 5:26 PM, pnwredhead said:

Hey all,

I was on a cruise 2 weeks ago and it was not a great experience. I have never had an experience like this before (undercooked food at almost every meal in the MDR, rude bartenders, waiters forgetting some of the orders, unprofessional jewelry expert, issues at the fun shops, piped in music so loud that even the bartenders were complaining, premium internet issues and the response from guest services, etc.) I have been on Carnival many times and never experienced a cruise like this. 

I sent an email to guestcare at Carnival because I was told that they could respond to me on this. I have never sent in a complaint before as usually it isn't a huge deal and/or it doesn't last the entire cruise so I don't know what to expect. Honestly, what I want most is a reply and to know I was heard.

My question is, have you ever sent in a complaint? Did you receive a reply from them? Do you feel like your concerns were acknowledged? Is there another place at Carnival that this should be sent to? 

TIA 😃

I don’t know the answer to your question, but experiences like yours is why we no longer cruise on Carnival.   

On 10/2/2021 at 7:02 AM, sanmarcosman said:

When Carnival began this discount program, apparently. Irony, thy name is mandatory tipping at a fast food "shack." 😉 

They've always charged the mandatory tip at Seafoood Shack, even before the discount coupons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I wouldnt adjust my tips to people who didnt cause the problem. In fact I loved my cabin steward and said to her I hear the crew loves pringles. I could go get you some. Usually in the past they say oh that's ok but she said ok so I got a big bag of potato chips. Kinda wierd flavors. 

The week I was on was the first week they could get off in ports, but someone else said they couldnt leave the port area. And my little girl, said she doesnt really have the time to get off. I found a sale on small bags of ruffles too, pringles aren't cheap, and filled up a bag I picked out for her.

It was ok with me, I can afford it easily and she liked it. So I had good experiences with crew too. She knew my name and would call out hello from the first day. I dont like using public rest rooms so I swung by the cabin a lot. 

I would never do a partial charge back on what I paid. I worked for amex disputes. I know it solves nothing. Might get my card blocked. 

No cruiseline is without fault restarting. 

If this is only a glitch because of the restart then that's one thing but I guess only time will tell if it is more systemic. I'm not sure that I would adjust the tip, either, but I would consider it since the problem was being charged too much of a tip with no opportunity to change the amount I think it's at least on the table for consideration. I'm still shaking my head that the HD didn't do anything (heck, even a plate of chocolate covered strawberries would be something). I was mostly just listing the different things that people could do in order to get the issue addressed by Carnival. 

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

They've always charged the mandatory tip at Seafoood Shack, even before the discount coupons.

I don’t like seafood enough to pay extra, but it seems very sneaky that the seafood shack isn’t included in the daily fee. Isn’t the point of that so that all food workers get tipped? That’s what they claim anyway. 

OP, I don’t know the answer to your question. I have written in and received a response but it was a compliment and to thank them for the wonderful and kind way they had handled muster for my special needs son. 

14 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

If this is only a glitch because of the restart then that's one thing but I guess only time will tell if it is more systemic. I'm not sure that I would adjust the tip, either, but I would consider it since the problem was being charged too much of a tip with no opportunity to change the amount I think it's at least on the table for consideration. I'm still shaking my head that the HD didn't do anything (heck, even a plate of chocolate covered strawberries would be something). I was mostly just listing the different things that people could do in order to get the issue addressed by Carnival. 

The tip at sea shack cannot be adjusted the cashier said. You either sign or dint sign for it. The cashier warns you there is a separately charge tip and how much it will be, telling me he knows a lot of people object. 

The only tip you can adjust affects the cabin stewards who arent at fault...

The 3 dinner promos are new since the restart and seem to be what IT hasnt gotten around to fixing.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The tip at sea shack cannot be adjusted the cashier said. You either sign or dint sign for it. The cashier warns you there is a separately charge tip and how much it will be, telling me he knows a lot of people object. 

The only tip you can adjust affects the cabin stewards who arent at fault...

The 3 dinner promos are new since the restart and seem to be what IT hasnt gotten around to fixing.

The daily tip also affects the waitstaff and I would be sure to point out what part of the daily tip I was adjusting and why and I would even mention the Hotel Director (if I did it, and again, it's only something I would think about doing). Hopefully this is something that is fixed quickly and will be a distant memory.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:18 AM, pnwredhead said:

I had these issues on Panorama.

I would blame it on being understaffed/overworked if I wasn't on Miracle 2 weeks prior and had a great experience. (Little things here and there that weren't perfect, like the AC in the room didn't work well so I always felt hot, but I had a balcony so I just opened the door if it got too bad.) The food in the MDR was great, bartenders were fun and personable, etc. There were way more employees on Panorama so.... 

For what it is worth, on the Panorama, if you open the door, the AC shuts off.  She is one of the 3 ships that have individual room AC units that supplement ship AC.  Cannot comment on the rest.

Edited by jimbo5544

30 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

The daily tip also affects the waitstaff and I would be sure to point out what part of the daily tip I was adjusting and why and I would even mention the Hotel Director (if I did it, and again, it's only something I would think about doing). Hopefully this is something that is fixed quickly and will be a distant memory.

Ok I wrote to guestcare, at carnival.

I'll let you know what they say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I wrote to guestcare, at carnival.

I'll let you know what they say.

I hope you also included that you tried to point this out on the ship, and the ho-hum attitude of those who should have handled your complaint.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

For what it is worth, on the Panorama, if you open the door, the AC shuts off.  She is one of the 3 ships that have individual room AC units that supplement ship AC.  Cannot comment on the rest.

a) shuts off the a/c

b) increases room humidity

c) increases room temperature

also leaving curtains open increases room temperature

The a/c then has to work longer just to get the cabin temp back to where it was.

• Like 1