Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've never had a bad experience at Murano's but have had numerous bad experiences at Tuscan so didn't bother with specialty dining on Millennium. 

I agree.  Have tried Tuscan three times when specialty dining came with my suite.  Was happy I was not paying extra for the experience.  Told the waiter once I had better risotto in the MDR!  I love M class ships, but their specialty dining choices leave a lot to be desired since they removed their good specialty restaurants (Normandie, et al.).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree.  Have tried Tuscan three times when specialty dining came with my suite.  Was happy I was not paying extra for the experience.  Told the waiter once I had better risotto in the MDR!  I love M class ships, but their specialty dining choices leave a lot to be desired since they removed their good specialty restaurants (Normandie, et al.).

We have had a number of Zenith luncheons in Tuscan and everything was perfect.   Seeing that the Captain or Hotel Director are hosting one would expect things to be perfect.

On Summit we had a dinner with 3 other couples and one guest was having a Simple Lasagna.   It came out cold in the middle (obviously reheated).   Even though she didn't want to send it back it was sent back and it came back cold again.    I interjected and they sent it back again.   The 3rd try came back luke warm but she insisted we just take it and get on with the evening.   

My main complaint at times is lack of attention from the server and Sommelier.   They had a larger table and just chatting away instead of making sure the guest were taken care of.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have had a number of Zenith luncheons in Tuscan and everything was perfect.   Seeing that the Captain or Hotel Director are hosting one would expect things to be perfect.

On Summit we had a dinner with 3 other couples and one guest was having a Simple Lasagna.   It came out cold in the middle (obviously reheated).   Even though she didn't want to send it back it was sent back and it came back cold again.    I interjected and they sent it back again.   The 3rd try came back luke warm but she insisted we just take it and get on with the evening.   

My main complaint at times is lack of attention from the server and Sommelier.   They had a larger table and just chatting away instead of making sure the guest were taken care of.

The Summit even in the MDR has brought several of us to wonder if it was a training ship!  Certainly they have more tables but some things seemed like lack of training.  The last time we were on the summit it seem most of that had changed!  It’s sad when it takes an officer at the table to get attention to details!  

i think for the next years or so there will be a willingness to please that is above what we knew in the past.  

i think it was the Silhouette that I sent dinners back a couple of times befor they started reheating it at a station!  I got plates almost too hot to touch!  And iirc they were pasta dishes mostly that were either Luke warm ot cold.  Basically, at temperatures that are considered unsafe depending how long they’ve been sitting! 

I'm sitting here chuckling this morning.   As some of you may recall we decided that after being pampered for so long that we were going to hire a housekeeper when we got home. 

We did indeed hire one.

For two weeks before her first visit we tided up so the place was at least presentable.   Her first cleaning was 7 hours and the place looks fantastic.     She is due again today and we are tiding up again.   I guess having a housekeeper keeps us more attuned to all the little piles of junk we have sitting around.

The other positive point is that it kicked Iain into clear to clean out the office.   We have documents going back 20-30 years in the filing cabinets.    He purchased a really good shredder and we have been hard at work de-cluttering.

Oh no --- now he wants me to clean out my drawers of computer cables, connectors and STUFF. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Oh no --- now he wants me to clean out my drawers of computer cables, connectors and STUFF. 

Congratulations on getting your getting a house keeper.

i had to clean a lot of things out when we moved to our new house in 2017.  My wife has made me clean out my computer bits and pieces twice since then and I know I need to do another pass.   I just have a hard time getting rid of things like the PCMCI based 802.12b wireless cards, Cisco serial cables, power supplies for computers or devices I no longer have, etc.  so I wish you luck cleaning out your stuff. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

i had to clean a lot of things out when we moved to our new house in 2017.  My wife has made me clean out my computer bits and pieces twice since then and I know I need to do another pass.   I just have a hard time getting rid of things like the PCMCI based 802.12b wireless cards, Cisco serial cables, power supplies for computers or devices I no longer have, etc.  so I wish you luck cleaning out your stuff. 

Do you still have your floppy disc drives?

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

As a matter  of fact - yes.  I also have a few Zip disk.  

Me too.  Both internal and external Zip drives too.  There was a similar one that I was bequeathed too!    I think I even have a 9 or was it 7. Inch floppy too.  It’s the size of a large salad plate! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Oh my gosh --  I am the one with all the computer bits and pieces.   I definetly need to make a 2 and 3rd pass.    I just chucked a PCMCI wireless card and a giant 20 Megabyte PCMCI Hard drive.  I use to work in the Hard Drive industry so have lots of museum pieces.  

I just tossed about 100 miles worth of various cables and connectors.

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Oh my gosh --  I am the one with all the computer bits and pieces.   I definetly need to make a 2 and 3rd pass.    I just chucked a PCMCI wireless card and a giant 20 Megabyte PCMCI Hard drive.  I use to work in the Hard Drive industry so have lots of museum pieces.  

I just tossed about 100 miles worth of various cables and connectors.

Lol🤣 we had a cable box that travelled the world with us, most recently back to New Zealand. Finally persuaded my other half to throw them out and surprise surprise I've lost count of the times we've needed  cable that would have been in that 📦 😂

2 minutes ago, Redking said:

Lol🤣 we had a cable box that travelled the world with us, most recently back to New Zealand. Finally persuaded my other half to throw them out and surprise surprise I've lost count of the times we've needed  cable that would have been in that 📦 😂

I'm going to quote you on that one as an excuse on why I need to keep so many of them.   LIke minds...

Iain just said... Yea right...   I'm not buying that one.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Haha 2