Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

On 11/2/2021 at 4:32 AM, RollWave said:

We are on Millennium in December. Short trip out of Ft Lauderdale (4 nights). We are loaded up with OBC. Wondering what the shops are like on Millennium - are they well stocked? May be doing some holiday gift shopping!

Shops were disappointing.    Apple products is all pre-covid and when I left there were no plans to fix that.    Plenty of handbags and high priced jewelry.    The selection of clothing was really limited there weren't even any Golf hats that were interesting. 

One thing that I was told is they have removed Aspirin, Tylenol etc as they don't want guest medicating to hide a covid related temperature.    To get some you have to go to the Medical Center.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Shops were disappointing.    Apple products is all pre-covid and when I left there were no plans to fix that.    Plenty of handbags and high priced jewelry.    The selection of clothing was really limited there weren't even any Golf hats that were interesting. 

One thing that I was told is they have removed Aspirin, Tylenol etc as they don't want guest medicating to hide a covid related temperature.    To get some you have to go to the Medical Center.

It’s always disappointing when someone treats adults like children and then expects them to act like adults!   I know I’ve been asked if I have Tylenol by other passengers, I don’t ever remember anyone going to the medical facility for them!  

Personally, I’d think it would be more effective if they knew who was taking the medications that didn’t bring them with them.  Actually, they should want to know those too.  It is a reminder though that I need to pack my thermometer for those days I get up with a sore back so that I know that I’m not covering other symptoms while treating chronic ones. 

Wishing more people worried about their impact on others, but then temperatures are tricky too. 

On 11/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, Benthayer Gonbak said:

It’s always disappointing when someone treats adults like children and then expects them to act like adults!   I know I’ve been asked if I have Tylenol by other passengers, I don’t ever remember anyone going to the medical facility for them!  

Personally, I’d think it would be more effective if they knew who was taking the medications that didn’t bring them with them.  Actually, they should want to know those too.  It is a reminder though that I need to pack my thermometer for those days I get up with a sore back so that I know that I’m not covering other symptoms while treating chronic ones. 

Wishing more people worried about their impact on others, but then temperatures are tricky too. 

Agree with you     I bring a little medical chest with me -  Flu/Cold TheraFLU packets, Peptobismo, etc etc.... usually don't need them but have given some of my TheraFlu to friends we were traveling with that came down with Cruise Cough. 

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Agree with you     I bring a little medical chest with me -  Flu/Cold TheraFLU packets, Peptobismo, etc etc.... usually don't need them but have given some of my TheraFlu to friends we were traveling with that came down with Cruise Cough. 

I'm hoping that the new ventilation system eliminates my Cruise Cough!  Mine doesn’t seem contagious just annoying when I get it. Since I don’t get it as much on land, but it does happen when traveling I’m not always sure what or why.  By the end on a 14 day cruise my hands are normally dry and split for hand sanitizer one might conclude it’s the sanitizer that’s causing my trouble.  

On 11/3/2021 at 6:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Pretty much the same on the Summit and Equinox.  On the Summit they did confirm that they aren't selling aspirin, etc.  

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Pretty much the same on the Summit and Equinox.  On the Summit they did confirm that they aren't selling aspirin, etc.  

Hope you had a wonderful cruise.   I just booked a couple cruises on Summit.

36 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Will be watching for your report on this.  I was booked on this year's version and last year's version which in my view had a much better itinerary than the 2022 version.  Neither of them went.

Sorry to hear yours were cancelled.   So may lost dreams.

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Will be watching for your report on this.  I was booked on this year's version and last year's version which in my view had a much better itinerary than the 2022 version.  Neither of them went.

live watched that cruise too, I thought the itinerary had change but wasn’t sure thanks for confirming it.  

Summit was supposed to sail from Southampton in ‘20 & ‘21 to Iceland & I think Greenland.

I was interested in it, but after booking the Mediterranean on Silhouette for ’22, I haven’t  investigated. Does Summit still leave from Southampton in 2022?

Edited by upwarduk

On 11/6/2021 at 1:23 PM, Jim_Iain said:

16 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Be forewarned and take that "medical chest"!

On our last cruise (February 2020) my husband got the "flu" (we still aren't sure it wasn't Covid). I made the mistake of accompanying him to the Medical Center. They gave him TheraFlu and Tylenol  and gave me TheraFlu as a precaution even though I was totally fine.

We were charged an outrageous amount for the medications (several hundred dollars) and for 2 medical exams, even though I wasn't examined. The total charge was over $500. We had insurance so didn't fight very hard (I did complain but gave up) but learned a really good lesson!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Summit was supposed to sail from Southampton in ‘20 & ‘21 to Iceland & I think Greenland.

I was interested in it, but after booking the Mediterranean on Silhouette for ’22, I haven’t  investigated. Does Summit still leave from Southampton in 2022?

For cruises in August - September departing from Port Liberty and Boston before repositioning to MIA.

For Southampton  in 2022 all Silhouette with the exception of one Beyond sailing (April 22 10 night Western Europe).

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

For cruises in August - September departing from Port Liberty and Boston before repositioning to MIA.

For Southampton  in 2022 all Silhouette with the exception of one Beyond sailing (April 22 10 night Western Europe).

Take good care of her.  I'm on the repo with a gang I've cruised with before.  We got really good prices on suites and snapped them all up in the first week or two.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:57 AM, Jim_Iain said:

You basically have to set up a mini-network.   I use a mini router.    There are many videos on You Tube on how to setup up what they call hotel mode.    You connect you laptop to router and select Celebrity Guest as the Router's connection.    While still connected to your hotspot you type guest.onboardiafe.com    This will bring up the sign on screen.   You put your credentials into the screen and the mini-router becomes one of your internet connected devices.   

Once router setup you just go to Roku Networks and choose your hotspot name and sign on.

We mostly just use it for Netflix and and YouTubeTV     Both have very efficient buffering.   When you first fire it up the picture quality is marginal but as it buffers it cleans up.    Have rarely gotten dropped and only occasionally do I get a revolving arrow as it buffers. 

@Jim_IainThanks so much for letting us virtually cruise with you. We're on a b2b Reflection next month and because of my partner's health, expect to spend a lot of time in the suite this time. I'm going to try out the TP Link. One question I'm a bit confused on is how to log on to celebrity's network with the router. Do you need to keep a laptop connected to the TP link to provide the connection?  I successfully hooked it up at home, but used our home's wifi, which doesn't require the same sign on as Celebrity's process. 

1 hour ago, dcbiker97 said:

@Jim_IainThanks so much for letting us virtually cruise with you. We're on a b2b Reflection next month and because of my partner's health, expect to spend a lot of time in the suite this time. I'm going to try out the TP Link. One question I'm a bit confused on is how to log on to celebrity's network with the router. Do you need to keep a laptop connected to the TP link to provide the connection?  I successfully hooked it up at home, but used our home's wifi, which doesn't require the same sign on as Celebrity's process. 

Send me an e-mail (in signature below)   not sure if this is acceptable to be put on CC.

8 hours ago, chamima said:

Be forewarned and take that "medical chest"!

On our last cruise (February 2020) my husband got the "flu" (we still aren't sure it wasn't Covid). I made the mistake of accompanying him to the Medical Center. They gave him TheraFlu and Tylenol  and gave me TheraFlu as a precaution even though I was totally fine.

We were charged an outrageous amount for the medications (several hundred dollars) and for 2 medical exams, even though I wasn't examined. The total charge was over $500. We had insurance so didn't fight very hard (I did complain but gave up) but learned a really good lesson!

I hope they at least gave you Theriflu and not Tamaflu!  The former is a script and is often give as a prophylactic for those close by.

it was around that time, Jan, my Dad got flu.  He was sick enough to be covid and we still aren’t convinced it wasn’t.  He tested positive for flu so they gave him Theriflu which started working after a few days.  They gave him the option to be hospitalized but he opted that it would be safer at home!  WBC went so low they thought it was a lab mistake, the retest was even lower, below 1!  

i had a nice experience with medical on a trans pacific.  I had cut a toe that wasn’t healing and I couldn’t see why.  I took my yellow card my antibiotics and a few other things in my kit as we were gone 56 days.  The doctor told me that it was healing, that the soaking in salt water was helping and that he wasn’t going to charge me because he hadn’t done anything … I had all the treatments right.  What I needed from him was to tell me if the wound required antibiotics!  We were shocked.  I went because it was difficult to walk at times and it was sore! The follow up was free too. 

it’s stories like yours that cause folks to not go when they should!  And no I’m not faulting you it’s just that we need people reporting covid so the rest stay safe. No matter how much they say the first visit is complimentary one always wonders what the second visit is going to be if you need more treatment.  I assume covid is not charged, but who knows. 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

11 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I hope they at least gave you Theriflu and not Tamaflu!  The former is a script and is often give as a prophylactic for those close by.

it was around that time, Jan, my Dad got flu.  He was sick enough to be covid and we still aren’t convinced it wasn’t.  He tested positive for flu so they gave him Theriflu which started working after a few days.  They gave him the option to be hospitalized but he opted that it would be safer at home!  WBC went so low they thought it was a lab mistake, the retest was even lower, below 1!  

Sorry - they gave us both Tamiflu. It made me sick to my stomach so I stopped taking it after a couple of days. It took my husband many weeks to get better ! I never got sick.

Edited by chamima

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

Sorry - they gave us both Tamiflu. It made me sick to my stomach so I stopped taking it after a couple of days. It took my husband many weeks to get better ! I never got sick.

i realized I still didn’t the spelling right either!   You got the RX!  The flu Dad had drug on quite a while too.  My step mom did okay.  Sorry to hear it made you sick, they are both in their mid 90s which was why both were treated. 

2 hours ago, tcmagnum said:

I just found your post from the latest cruise.

So happy you guys are back to cruising.

And your schedule for next year looks EPIC!!!

Thanks -   Still working on one final leg on the 8/31 as no AQ and above available.  I have a tentative booking in Concierge and wait-listed.   Will probably cancel if we cant get at least Aq. 

Silhouette  4/8/2022  - 13 Night TransAtlantic

Silhouette  4/21/2022 - 9 Night Spain, Portugal & France

Silhouette  4/30/2022  -7 Night Norwegian Fjords

Summit   8/7/2022  - -12 Night To Greenland & Iceland

Summit  8/19/2022 - 12 Night From Greenland & Iceland

Summit 8/31/22 -  11 Night Boston, Maine and Canada

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grandmahoopie said:

If anyone is still watching this thread that was on the Millennium did you book your specialty restaurant before the sailing or after you got on?  Also did you like Murano?  Our last couple cruises it wasn't a great experience.

Thanks

FYI, there is no Murano or Murano-like specialty restaurant on an M-class ship (sorry to say).

2 hours ago, grandmahoopie said:

If anyone is still watching this thread that was on the Millennium did you book your specialty restaurant before the sailing or after you got on?  Also did you like Murano?  Our last couple cruises it wasn't a great experience.

Thanks

I hope I'm not bursting your bubble but Millennium does not have Murano's.    Their selection is Tuscan Grill (God help you finding it), Sushi on 5 and La Petite Chief.

We booked Murano's for the first night pre-cruise using the On-Shore Concierge for Equinox.   We are late diners so no problem with an 8:30 reservation.    The dining room was empty with the exception of one other table.     They said they had been very busy at the first seating. 

We both commented that it was the best meal we ever had there.  

I've never had a bad experience at Murano's but have had numerous bad experiences at Tuscan so didn't bother with specialty dining on Millennium. 

• Like 1