Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, silkismom said:

Hummmm, wonder if we can take up a collection to keep them on a ship semi-permanently?

s just as long as you are starting a collection for "friends" can I be counted in on that? I will do lots of photos and research for you... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 3

Jim,

While I have only had the pleasure of meeting you and lian during one cruise, you have contributed greatly to my knowledge base about Celebrity as well as so much enjoyment of cruising brought to life through your eyes and your voice.  I don’t think I have ever adequately thanked you for that.  You have no idea of how much I and I’m sure thousands of others have been enriched by your willingness to share your knowledge, your best advice and your experiences.  This was never more true than the last four cruises that we experienced through your eyes and your voice.  Especially when all of us were hungry for information about the new normal of cruising as well as a daily taste of the high seas!  Thank you so much.  I can hardly wait for your next voyage and I hope I and we don’t have to wait until next April.  In the meantime, here is a photo of a treasured memory when Karen and George and I had the pleasure of having dinner with you and lian in Luminae on the Summit.  I hope to have that pleasure once again in the not too distant future, Jim.

B7A7AB7C-967D-4D73-A11E-0A068EB04ADC.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for taking is along on your B2B….we will be on the Millie in Aqua Class in two weeks from Fort Lauderdale. So looking forward to cruising again….your reports have helped us prepare for what to expect….or not! Ha! Now get all that laundry done so you can plan your next adventure!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

There is nothing better than a cup of coffee from starbucks and some of their wonderful deserts. Among all the coffee shops out there, Starbucks will always remain my favourite. Its awesome 

Please tell me you are kidding?  Starbucks over roast their inexpensive beans.  Always taste bitter to me.  Full disclosure -- unless there is Bailey's, I drink my coffee black.  I have had better tasking coffee at McDonald's.  Just my humble opinion 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Please tell me you are kidding?  Starbucks over roast their inexpensive beans.  Always taste bitter to me.  Full disclosure -- unless there is Bailey's, I drink my coffee black.  I have had better tasking coffee at McDonald's.  Just my humble opinion 

Hmm my retired USN dad loved McDonalds coffee too, especially before the lawsuit.  He said it tasted better and they actually got it hot enough!  I swear he thought anything short of boiling was too cool!   He now uses a coffee maker to make a pot of coffee and then microwaves it to get it hot enough!  

1 hour ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Hmm my retired USN dad loved McDonalds coffee too, especially before the lawsuit.  He said it tasted better and they actually got it hot enough!  I swear he thought anything short of boiling was too cool!   He now uses a coffee maker to make a pot of coffee and then microwaves it to get it hot enough!  

I do not like my drinks overly hot.  Don't know why but I have always had to cool mine down a little.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, Jim_Iain said:

The menu does change on a daily basis but like the MDR they have a rotation of 14 menus.  The have been starting with day 1 and repeat each cruise.   We have traveled mostly in Suites and seeing the first 7-10 days of menus repeatedly for the past 8-10 years you get to know them by heart.  

Don't get me wrong the food and service are excellent, but even in Luminae we order off the main dining room menu over 50% of the time.

Your cruising life reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2021 at 1:54 PM, CruiseNYC said:

Jim - did you happen to notice if they were offering Luggage Forwarding (to the airport/airline) on the last night of your Millennium cruise?

Thank you very much.

Luggage forwarding in San Diego and Florida are not operational at this time.   I read some posts that say Seattle offers the service (not the cruise line).

20 hours ago, Against Irrational People said:

Your cruising life reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day…

Nahhh...  The last 18 months of covid isolation was more like Groundhog day.    On a cruise every day is a new adventure and something new to discover.

• Like 6

On 10/28/2021 at 3:22 PM, goldsmip115 said:

Jim,

While I have only had the pleasure of meeting you and lian during one cruise, you have contributed greatly to my knowledge base about Celebrity as well as so much enjoyment of cruising brought to life through your eyes and your voice.  I don’t think I have ever adequately thanked you for that.  You have no idea of how much I and I’m sure thousands of others have been enriched by your willingness to share your knowledge, your best advice and your experiences.  This was never more true than the last four cruises that we experienced through your eyes and your voice.  Especially when all of us were hungry for information about the new normal of cruising as well as a daily taste of the high seas!  Thank you so much.  I can hardly wait for your next voyage and I hope I and we don’t have to wait until next April.  In the meantime, here is a photo of a treasured memory when Karen and George and I had the pleasure of having dinner with you and lian in Luminae on the Summit.  I hope to have that pleasure once again in the not too distant future, Jim.

B7A7AB7C-967D-4D73-A11E-0A068EB04ADC.jpeg

Thanks George ---  

Loved that cruise.   I'm going to have to stock up on some more ties.    We only have 12 or so and need some new looks.     By the way,   I still have not learned how to tie my own.   I will have to practice for the next cruise.

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks George ---  

Loved that cruise.   I'm going to have to stock up on some more ties.    We only have 12 or so and need some new looks.     By the way,   I still have not learned how to tie my own.   I will have to practice for the next cruise.

You might look at Beau Ties of Vermont.  They started with bow ties, and have expanded to masks, and other things.  We don't do anything but masks but I really like the masks.  I think I might get the one that says "fully microchipped".

• Haha 1

@Jim_Iain  Thank you for all of your fantastic photos!  I was on both of these cruises and was happy to meet you.  I didn't know you were such a "star" on  CC 😄

Unfortunately, I couldn't connect to CC while on board, so I am playing catch up.  From the quality of your photos, I think I need to upgrade my iPhone.

Hope to sail with the two of you again. 

Stay well,

Pat

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 8:55 AM, venicecruiser said:

Jim and Lain - Have you booked anything else yet?

Claudia

We have booked a B2B2B on Silhousette

April 8 - TransAtlantic

April 21- Spain, Portugal & France

April 30- Norwegian Fjords

Then off to Scotland to visit Iain's family for a week or 2.