48 hr or 2 days - husband freaking out

tamirpr

We leave Thursday and did the Emed home test (super easy btw!). Now husband is panicking because we did it at 6:00 am and when we check in, it will be 51 hours later. I can’t find in writing where two days is accepted. Any help?  I can’t live with this for the next 48 hours (or 2 days) 😂

As long as it's two days before embarkation you are fine. John Heald has put this on Faceplace and it is in Carnival's emails (at least, I think that is where I've seen it). ETA this is from the health advisory section on Carnival's website (the link is at the top of the page):

Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). U

Edited by sparks1093

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

As long as it's two days before embarkation you are fine. John Heald has put this on Faceplace and it is in Carnival's emails (at least, I think that is where I've seen it). ETA this is from the health advisory section on Carnival's website (the link is at the top of the page):

Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). U

That's different from what it says on their website. 

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

"Effective with sailings as of September 13, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in."

Edited by dcgrumpy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tamirpr said:

We leave Thursday and did the Emed home test (super easy btw!). Now husband is panicking because we did it at 6:00 am and when we check in, it will be 51 hours later. I can’t find in writing where two days is accepted. Any help?  I can’t live with this for the next 48 hours (or 2 days) 😂

Assuming that you check in at 1100, it actually would be 53 hours since you tested at 600 am this morning,  which is technically longer than two days.  BUT, you're OK.  Relax and enjoy your cruise.

2 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

"Effective with sailings as of September 13, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in."

As I pointed out what I quoted was from their website. I will note that what I quoted was for vaccinated guests.

It's nice that posters are voicing their opinions, but maybe the OP should just call their cruise line to get an answer.

Of course, with some lines you may get different answers from different agents, but the cruise line people are the ones who determines who can board, not the well meaning folk here on CC.

48 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

As I pointed out what I quoted was from their website. I will note that what I quoted was for vaccinated guests.

So is what I quoted. It's from the link on the homepage. 

Edited by dcgrumpy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

@sparks1093 This is from Carnival's website, but it is from the section for UNVACCINATED guests.  Here is the quote in context:

image.png.19fe798a546e912c0abff4a15bcaab80.png

1 hour ago, dcgrumpy said:

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

@tamirpr This is the correct information for VACCINATED guests.

image.png.9bf7286d682813ad9c4339eb1c9b6b1f.png

Here is the link:  https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

@sparks1093 This is from Carnival's website, but it is from the section for UNVACCINATED guests.  Here is the quote in context:

image.png.19fe798a546e912c0abff4a15bcaab80.png

@tamirpr This is the correct information for VACCINATED guests.

image.png.9bf7286d682813ad9c4339eb1c9b6b1f.png

Here is the link:  https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

Thanks for the correction!

To be honest and from a couple of threads, people need to go see their doctor to get some Covid-craziness meds. I don't know if it is an antidepressant, anxiety medication, both, or something else. The overall process, although different, is very simple.

1. Get a cruise reservation

2. Answer the covid vaccine questionnaire

3. Submit for an exemption if there are kids under 12

4. Make sure you have your vaccination card

5. Submit your check-in process

6. Get your covid test with 3 days of the cruise unvaxxed or 2 days of the cruise if vaxxed

7. Have your boarding pass, passport or equivalent, health questionnaire (may not need a printout), covid vaccine card, covid test(s)

The highlighted parts are the only new parts. It is not that difficult. People are so high-strung about this it is crazy. If it is that much stress, it will do more harm to your health before going than to even consider going. Take a breath, assess if you are that high strung, if so cancel. If not, then do what is necessary. 

19 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

To be honest and from a couple of threads, people need to go see their doctor to get some Covid-craziness meds. I don't know if it is an antidepressant, anxiety medication, both, or something else. The overall process, although different, is very simple.

6. Get your covid test with 3 days of the cruise unvaxxed or 2 days of the cruise if vaxxed

7. Have your boarding pass, passport or equivalent, health questionnaire (may not need a printout), covid vaccine card, covid test(s)

The highlighted parts are the only new parts. It is not that difficult. People are so high-strung about this it is crazy. If it is that much stress, it will do more harm to your health before going than to even consider going. Take a breath, assess if you are that high strung, if so cancel. If not, then do what is necessary. 

And if you are going to Bermuda you have the added steps of getting a COVID test 4 days before sail away, submitting your info to the Bermuda government along with $75 and wait for them to issue you a Travel Authorization. I am a laid back guy but I dread this whole process if only because if something goes wrong then you lose the cruise you've waited so long for.

59 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

And if you are going to Bermuda you have the added steps of getting a COVID test 4 days before sail away, submitting your info to the Bermuda government along with $75 and wait for them to issue you a Travel Authorization. I am a laid back guy but I dread this whole process if only because if something goes wrong then you lose the cruise you've waited so long for.

Stop worrying about what you can't control. Focus on the steps you have to take, get what is needed done, and whatever happens happens. Beyond this, there are 1000s of other things that can happen: flight cancelation, plane crashes, car crashes on the way to the airport, fire in the hotel burning all cruise documents and passports. If you worried about everything that could happen, your blood pressure would be so high you would never cruise. Focus on what can happen and life is much happier. 

You can do 100% of everything correctly and on time, but still get booted from a cruise because someone else that you were around was positive or you test positive. Nothing you can do in the end.

I was told to stop worrying and was not allowed to board the Magic, it really upset me and the other half.

There are different things written in different places and Carnival does not follow the exact wording from the CDC.

Check and check again.

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Stop worrying about what you can't control. Focus on the steps you have to take, get what is needed done, and whatever happens happens. Beyond this, there are 1000s of other things that can happen: flight cancelation, plane crashes, car crashes on the way to the airport, fire in the hotel burning all cruise documents and passports. If you worried about everything that could happen, your blood pressure would be so high you would never cruise. Focus on what can happen and life is much happier. 

You can do 100% of everything correctly and on time, but still get booted from a cruise because someone else that you were around was positive or you test positive. Nothing you can do in the end.

Yes, that is how I live but I can certainly understand why people are concerned. Telling someone not to worry usually doesn't have the desired affect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

I was told to stop worrying and was not allowed to board the Magic, it really upset me and the other half.

There are different things written in different places and Carnival does not follow the exact wording from the CDC.

Check and check again.

Not allowed to board exactly why?

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

#6 is the only stress inducing requirement on your list.  The rest is superfluous. 

30 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Not allowed to board exactly why?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2803835-denied-boarding-when-2-weeks-is-not-≥-14-days/

TLDR version - Wife got Vaccine on Thursday 9/9/21 Sailing was on Thursday 9/23/21. Fully vaccinated is 14 days after vaccination, but apparently that means 14 days before sailing day, which wasn't clear. I too would have assumed he was ok.

But the 48 hour/2 day question has been given way more attention because it effects everybody, and has been made clear to be based on the date only, so 12:00am Saturday and 11:59pm Saturday would be exactly the same.

The reason this even became an issue is because when you do the Emed test that Carnival recommended, the results are posted in an app with a running ticker, 4 hours since result, 7 hours since result. This is what you show the agent, so it’s not being overcome with unnecessary anxiety to be concerned that two days before will show as 53 hours since result.  Considering the consistent inconsistent Carnival wording of two days and 48 hours, it makes sense that one could be confused. 

• Like 1